Forums Latest Members
  1. Opti Jan 31, 2020

Not sure if this has already aq no time.jpg been posted, but is that an Aqua Terra?

wolfe44 likes this.
  2. KeithS Jan 31, 2020

I guess your not a fan of Rolex Submariners either then? BF68ABCC-2A78-4166-AB86-78D25899E89F.png

Women wear men’s watches all the time. Not a big deal.

RSterling and Virgil Grissom like this.
  3. Pilot85 Jan 31, 2020

What he said!!

Virgil Grissom likes this.
  4. wolfe44 Jan 31, 2020

Well a luxury watch is a fashion statement, and every single fashion company on Earth knows very well that image of their products is everything. It's why they collectively spend billions of dollars every year to try to show you how desirable their product is. It's why we're discussing a "bond" watch in the first place. It's why social media influencers get paid big bucks just to show how good a product looks on them. They don't pay 400 pound, 85 year old women to model fashion clothing, they pay the hottest models they can find. But yeah, pretend brand placement and who in the placement wears the watch or item doesn't matter. An entire industry and billions of dollars say otherwise. Omega has made billions because James bond wore their watch. It's considered one of the single greatest examples of brand placement in movie history. So yeah, I'd say WHO wears the watch in the movie actually matters

EDkl8XiW4AIjDPS.jpg

5. texasmade Jan 31, 2020

So a 00 British intelligence officer wearing a British inspired design sports watch is a bad look?

6. Watchout312 Feb 1, 2020

good catch. I was wondering the same thing.

7. duc Feb 1, 2020

I'm posting only because the post count was 666 and I didn't want it to stay that way. In the meantime, when is Bond going to bust out with one of these?

IMG_0064 1.jpg

8. Wetworks Feb 1, 2020

If it's a 00 British intelligence officer that you have a hard time identifying with, than for that person, yes. If that's not the case for you, that's fine too.

It was thoughtfully outlined above, but since it didn't apparently line up with your world view, you chose to ignore that person's feelings/views and instead marginalize them. Very accepting and tolerant.

Lmao at the inferred misogyny/racism over someone commenting they won't wear a frigging watch, automatically assuming because it's a female, black fictional character. Which, in and of itself, shouldn't be that big of a deal if it comes down to a question of, again, image, and not racist/misogynistic thinking. It should be perfectly acceptable to say 'X' doesn't vibe with me when I see it on ____, but the insecure SJWs can't help themselves in coming to the defense of people who aren't asking for it. Some of you need a drink.

Edited Feb 1, 2020
    jlam1127, Bugster987 and wolfe44 like this.
  9. ejj Feb 2, 2020

Text book irony.

Let’s get back to the watch.

elpantos likes this.
  10. dinexus Feb 2, 2020

Highly possible. Shortly before news of the new Bond watch broke, Omega did quietly release a new blue-dialed 38mm Master Chronometer AT (ref. 220.10.38.20.03.001) in the vein of the Skyfall edition – would make sense that this is the companion dressy alternative that he'd wear, as done in the other films.

[​IMG]

Wetworks likes this.
  11. tmilnthorp Feb 2, 2020

So February is here. Anyone heard any ETAs?

Virgil Grissom likes this.
  12. Titembay Feb 3, 2020

I think its the Master Coaxial seen in Spectre, or maybe the 38,5 mm (seems smaller) ?

13. Martin_F Feb 3, 2020

Maybe this was the retirement gift from her majesty. He'll be wearing it in Jamaica.
    Once he's back, he will get the new Seamaster!

14. abrod520 Feb 3, 2020

Stopped into the Regent Street Boutique while I was in London over the weekend, figuring that if anyone would know it's them. They don't have any updates either and suppose the "February" timeframe means sometime towards the end of the month. But then, who knows when individuals will receive theirs, depending on how quickly or how many of these Omega will produce - could be trickling out for months or years.

tmilnthorp likes this.
  15. dinexus Feb 3, 2020

16. dinexus Feb 3, 2020

Um, no. It's definitely not. The screen-worn Aqua Terra in Spectre is a totally different watch.

[​IMG]

Why would Omega put a five year-old discontinued watch in the new 2020 Bond film? Besides, there's clearly a marker on the dial here at 3:00, so this can only be the Master Chronometer Aqua Terra getting worn in the new film.

[​IMG]

Wetworks likes this.
  17. dinexus Feb 3, 2020

Another sighting from the new Super Bowl commercial:

[​IMG]

18. Titembay Feb 3, 2020

No Daniel craig is wearing the old aqua terra (we can see date on 3) ;)

19. Titembay Feb 3, 2020

[​IMG]

Wetworks likes this.
  20. abrod520 Feb 3, 2020

Also for those who were moaning about the faux patina etc, the standard titanium SMPc is now in stores all over. It's also no-date which is nice, but I really don't like the wave dial - it's just not for me. But for those who do, it's a very cool watch.

Gerry73 likes this.