Forums Latest Members
  1. tmilnthorp Jan 10, 2020

I think the watch is beautiful. Some may not be a fan, but I love modern watches with a vintage-ish look. And the bracelet is killer.

It is indeed expensive though. I may save my money for a year or two and see how it does on the secondary market.

rominvicta likes this.
  2. imranbecks Jan 10, 2020

Same for me. But the aluminium bezel is an absolute dealbreaker for me at the current price.

3. tmilnthorp Jan 10, 2020

That is the one thing I do wish it had. A matte black ceramic bezel to be exact (as in similar to aluminum, not as in sandblasted kind of matte). With the lume kept of course.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 11, 2020

There are many watches with aluminum bezels that are way more expensive than this one. If we justify the price on the use of ceramic we may as well save the money and start collecting Plate-ware

And I'm not saying one should not have a preference, not a critic of taste....but if the rationale is that the price would be justified on the use of a couple of ounces of ceramic (whatever development $ spent is long gone so I'm talking production value alone) then I have to say we are a little over the top. There are watches at a fraction of that price with ceramic, there are watches at double the price with metal, there are watches without even a bezel!!

As stated I actually like aluminum over ceramic, I understand ceramic wears better and is more "modern" but there is something about the raw tool quality of the aluminum that appeals to me. Even though it is metal it feels more organic to me.

amiriqbal, jaguar11 and Longbow like this.
  5. abrod520 Jan 11, 2020

Same here, I think the aluminum bezel is probably the better choice. For shiny new style dive watches I'd look for ceramic, but for a vintage-inspired piece like this one I think it would clash with the rest of the aesthetic

amiriqbal, Longbow, scapa and 2 others like this.
  6. tmilnthorp Jan 11, 2020

For me the ceramic isn't a price issue, but a functional one. I am currently a bit harder on watches than I'd like, due to chasing my 2.5 year old!

7. weimi1 Jan 14, 2020

The watch seems to be very popular. My dealer already has 50 requests for the watch. According to him, there will be very little allocations depending on the size of the store. (Boutique, ad etc.) The period of production will also be limited, so it's almost a limitation again.

8. Pilot85 Jan 14, 2020

Where are you located?

9. weimi1 Jan 14, 2020

Germany

Pilot85 likes this.
  10. tmilnthorp Jan 14, 2020

Interesting. From my local AD and OB there is some interest, but nothing like 50 inquiries. I also had not heard anything about an allocation due to the fact it's regular production.

11. imranbecks Jan 14, 2020

Yeah well once the hype dies down, since it isn't a limited edition, it will and should be widely available. Expect plenty of stocks for it after a couple of months or within the year.

rominvicta likes this.
  12. Pilot85 Jan 15, 2020

Wow that’s a big request for Germany I was guessing UK because of the Bond Theme...

13. weimi1 Jan 15, 2020

At the start of the film, the dealers will only get a limited number of pieces, unfortunately I don't know what it looks like afterwards. But I can imagine that the license for the watch does not run for years. I am curious how long it will be produced.

The interest here is probably more about the clock. Although there are a lot of James Bond fans here in Germany.

14. imranbecks Jan 15, 2020

Maybe it'll be in production till another new calibre comes around, then it will slowly be phased out with the others that are using the same calibre as the newer models come in with the latest movements.

15. Tipofthehat Jan 15, 2020

Perhaps location specific demand may produce some bottle necks however my AD (USA) implied it would not be a big issue to get me one of these.

Can’t wait for it to arrive!

Edited Jan 20, 2020
  16. wolfe44 Jan 31, 2020

Oh man, I really wanted this watch, until i saw it on her

Bugster987 and Redadmiral2 like this.
  17. Longbow Jan 31, 2020

And the problem with that is what exactly?

Virgil Grissom and Pilot85 like this.
  18. wolfe44 Jan 31, 2020

who said it's a problem?
    i'm not really into pleated khakis, double belts, and women's watches. are you?

19. Longbow Jan 31, 2020

I’m not in the slightest bit influenced by the sex, race, religion, nationality or clothes of the watch-wearer; I either like the watch or I don’t.

mblease, Pilot85, KeithS and 3 others like this.
  20. Redadmiral2 Jan 31, 2020

Completely the wrong image for this watch

Bugster987, Wetworks and wolfe44 like this.