Forums Latest Members
  1. Wetworks Dec 5, 2019

Exactly. It's the 25th anniversary of the first Bond watch and people keep trying to un-Bond it's defining features. ::screwloose:: All the Diver 300s released this year (and likely the foreseeable future) will look similar to that design, accept it or keep it moving.

dinexus, AntonisCy and ConElPueblo like this.
  2. Caliber561 Dec 5, 2019

The scalloped bezel as well. In terms of the case design, the scalloped bezel and HEV are core to the identity of the 300M. Like it or leave it, it is what it is, and removing those features which define its identity would be silly imo. It would be akin to Rolex changing the serrated bezel or removing crown guards on their sports watches or eliminating the cyclops on the Datejust. Certain design features, whether we like them or not, help define the watches and their identities.

Pilot85, KstateSkier, gpssti4 and 2 others like this.
  3. jlam1127 Dec 5, 2019

My thoughts: Take my deposit..... well done

4. dinexus Dec 5, 2019

Now that I’ve slept on it, I really wish it had an 8900-series movement and a 12-hour bezel – James Bond is an active traveler, why wouldn’t his watch have a quick time-change function or at least a traveler bezel?

Personally, I love that it’s titanium, love the closed caseback, and don’t mind the premium. Going to handle one in person to see if it moves me first, but I’m still not 100% there.

5. Omega-Q Dec 5, 2019

I think it is a beautiful watch...especially in Titanium. If you look at other Titanium band prices (think X-33), a $1K premium is not out of this world. I think we all knew price increases were coming, so it should be no surprise on the price of this piece. As much as I like it, I will not purchase one. There are other pieces that I have my eye on...

AntonisCy likes this.
  6. AntonisCy Dec 5, 2019

What is next on your radar.

7. Omega-Q Dec 5, 2019

Haha! How did I know you were going to ask?!?! :) Well, I currently have the Diver 300M LE, 1948 Small Seconds LE, and 50th Anniversary LE. What I am looking at next are one (if not all) of three items:

1. Aqua Terra World Timer
    2. Apollo 8
    3. Seamaster 300 Titanium

But, I am also waiting on official rumours of an Apollo 13 LE (if Omega is making one). We'll see....!

cartel3341 and AntonisCy like this.
  8. stuart70 Dec 5, 2019

For me the Tudor Pelagos has a better spec and is half the price. I may look on the secondary in a couple of years time

To the moon, Tristanp and Elitr6 like this.
  9. abrod520 Dec 5, 2019

I still think 9k for a titanium watch with a titanium bracelet is pretty reasonable. If it were steel, I don't know that I'd be so enthusiastic about it even at a lower price. Something about titanium divers though

Longbow and Riviera Paradise like this.
  10. exador Dec 5, 2019

The difference is a Sub gains 20% in value the moment you leave the AD.

This???

11. steversaurus Dec 5, 2019

Love the look on this one. Milanese bracelet was a nice touch.

12. Markinrecess Dec 5, 2019

I have been on the lookout for a new watch to add to my collection for a while now and I think this is the one. Not overtly “vintaged’’ no garish 007 reference, subtle nods to previous editions. I am delighted it is not LE as this means probably will come down a bit on the secondary market. Really happy that it will have a chance to gain its own patina on my wrist. It doesn’t bother me that it doesn’t have a display back as some of my favorite watches don’t have one. I will forgive the military arrow as a nod to 007, but the fact that it is not a real military watch and has one irks just a tad. Also really pleased with the size. The fear is always that they will design it to big. Almost my perfect watch. I just need to try it on in the flesh to be sure. upload_2019-12-5_18-25-23.jpeg Thought I would put up a picture of my last purchase which I am very happy with. It is the LE bronze revolution IWC Mark XI

mblease, Riviera Paradise and Elitr6 like this.
  13. jsducote Dec 5, 2019

I don't like the MOD touches. Even though it comes from the factory, it seems fake to me, like guys who buy army surplus fatigues and play weekend warrior but have never actually served. I kinda feel like those things should be acquired honestly. The "aged" lume (air quotes intentional) also feels inauthentic to me. Overall, it's way better than that ridiculous (imho) edition with the tiny little 007s engraved on the dial or the sweep second hand with the gun on it, but I don't see ever having this in my (albeit small) collection. If I wanted MOD markings and aged lume, and I do, I'll get a dirty dozen.

rafabond likes this.
  14. mancio Dec 5, 2019

If it’s impossible to find, not 20% but close.

15. Riviera Paradise Dec 5, 2019

@abrod520 My initial shock at US$9K was based on the current price of the SM300 diver. Now I recall that the total cost cost of my Apollo 11 45th Speedy LE + the OEM Ti bracelet was approx US$9K. Still, I think the Speedy LE with with gold accents on dial/bezel + solid Ti bracelet seems to be a better value proposition at US$9K.
    20170916_102829_SpeedyLEs.jpg

Happy to see that the new Bond diver seems to have got overall good reviews on various watch sites/blogs. As Omega collectors I think we all welcome improved brand perception.:)

jankymutt likes this.
  16. JPE.88305 Dec 5, 2019

I guess I don't mind the touches, maybe would be better placed on an homage watch (eg. a Smiths homage from TimeFactors), but the whole Bond genre is "wanna be"...not a single person who indulges in Bond has been a secret agent or aspires to be, but we can live vicariously through the books and movies...and if they have free license to kill....er , license to co-opt a persona and its attributes, I don't have a problem with it either. (also, spent 15 years in the service and it doesn't bother me)

17. Wetworks Dec 5, 2019

Both my Bonds were bought because I liked the look of them and had nothing to do with the Bond affiliation. I actually am a huge fan of the character in your avatar. Maybe we can get a 'Magnum' watch!!! What's the watch he is wearing when swept out to sea?

JPE.88305 likes this.
  18. JPE.88305 Dec 5, 2019

Special Magnum Movember edition?.....not sure he wore anything besides the sub though ?
    GMT--noted

Wetworks likes this.
  19. Wetworks Dec 5, 2019

Just looked, yup it's a GMT Master. Apparently before that he wore a Chronosport Sea Quartz 30

20. hmss007 Dec 5, 2019

I like it, but as others have pointed out, I'm not all that keen on the aluminum bezel (would have rather seen ceramic with lume). Also, I would have preferred a date - I do like how simple the dial is without it - but for me, it's a requirement. I really like the look of this on NATO. Although the Milanese strap is nice and I like the deployant, it's not worth the $1k upcharge. I think it looks a bit off without having fitted endpieces (but that could look weird too). I would have liked a traditional bracelet option.

Wetworks likes this.