Forums Latest Members

Is this Constellation totally assembled from parts?

1. gmmy775 May 4, 2020

Was perusing ebay when I ran into this "Connie". I own a 550, so I am pretty sure all of them are 17J unadjusted. Then it seems that the crown isn't the 10-sided that I understand should be on a Constellation. It does say that the dial is refinished. The case seems fine, except that the back has been polished to smithereens. The amusing part of the listing is this quote near the end of the description: "BID WITH CONFIDENCE I DO NOT DEAL WITH THE FAKE WATCH." Anyhow, this seller's handle is "omega.guy" from Arlington, Texas. The item number is: 153911051022 . Am I missing something here? I ask because I have much to learn about Omega, and have thus far not made any fatal blunders. faux connie dial.jpg faux connie back.jpg faux connie mvmnt.jpg faux connie inside back.jpg

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 4, 2020

The simple answer to your question is yes.

The dial is not only repainted, it doesn’t belong in a Connie (wrong indices)
    The movt doesn’t belong in a Connie (not chronometer rated)
    The crown is a replacement - but these Connies had a round, knurled hidden crown, not the classic faceted crown you referrred to.

this reference only came with a date complication and so the movt. should be a cal 561 or more uncommonly a 564.

hope that helps

3. timecube May 4, 2020

Looks very, very put together to me— and not a Constellation.

If he with confidence does not deal with the fake watch,
    I suggest with confidence the seller should not deal with himself.

connieseamaster and DaveK like this.
  4. ConElPueblo May 4, 2020

A no-date 168.004 ::love::

...167.004?

Noddyman and Peemacgee like this.
  5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 4, 2020

I’d bet that “I DO NOT DEAL WITH THE FAKE WATCH” is the return policy :p

timecube likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 4, 2020

Been a while since I’ve seen a good Mumbai Special. This is a classic example.
    gatorcpa