Forums Latest Members

I sent a vintage Speedmaster to Omega for a service... an UPDATED update tracking number and WATCH!

1. JwRosenthal Aug 7, 2020

Perhaps they just swept the entire workbench into the baggie and said - fuuuuck thiiis!;)

2. Aaron713 Aug 7, 2020

Maybe they were waiting for the new 321 to be released and to have spares for that warranty work? You'll never get an explanation, which stinks, but that's a sharp watch.

3. WYO_Watch Aug 7, 2020

Very good eye @Archer - I pulled up the info from when I bought it and it says it was from a Lemania. I’ll see if I can’t get some pictures before and after.

It’s obviously going to look nearly new with all the parts that were swapped. I’m guessing that it’s easier (maybe even cheaper) to grab new things like screws and such during a service for them.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 7, 2020

If it was from a Lemania branded movement, then that would explain it.

Regarding the screws, not sure why they would have replaced them all - they would typically do that for rust of if they are really gouged up. They would never take the time to refinish screw heads...

5. Evitzee Aug 7, 2020

Did they return the Ed White case to you like they said they would back in May? I see no reference to it.

This really seems like an odd project, it went in as a straight lug case and comes out with a lyre case, new dial and new back, and hopefully a completely redone 321 movement. The only thing that is half assed original is the heavily reconditioned movement. Now it seems you are going to turn it back into an Ed White model through some more modifications. In the end you will have one hell of a Franken.

6. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Aug 7, 2020

He mentioned it a couple pages ago (with his unboxing pics)

7. Ree Aug 8, 2020

If they pair that step dial with a 3861 movement they'll make a very successful successor to the current big box Moonwatch.