Forums Latest Members

I sent a vintage Speedmaster to Omega for a service... an UPDATED update tracking number and WATCH!

1. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 20, 2020

I'm in San Diego. I sent mine in, it went to Switzerland. It took 10 months. I was never able to get any true update from my local botique, it was they are working on it, to it's coming soon.

thelinendial and WYO_Watch like this.
  2. greyfox422 Feb 20, 2020

It doesn't seem like that is enough.

imageWIS and DaveK like this.
  3. WYO_Watch Feb 20, 2020

No, they have assured me that they need to get information from Switzerland. Again, one of the reasons I don’t care to lambast the US customer care support is that they really don’t have any control over the situation (except providing an update even if that is “no update”).

Supposedly I will get a call from her with an updated arrival time.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  4. WYO_Watch Feb 20, 2020

That’s good to know. I sent it in on my own so I don’t have a boutique to ask. Mainly just trying to get information off of their service system - and recently a few calls. Do you know if the website they gave you ever updated?

5. Walrus Feb 21, 2020

Not omega but I gave my local regular guy a constellation to service. I always give him plenty of time as I know he is busy but he will usually call to give me an update. I wanted longer than usually and finally called. He looked around and told me, damn lucky you called the girls put your watch in the wrong “box” don’t know what exactly that meant but he apologized and said he would put everything aside to take care of it. Also gave me a two year guarantee instead of his usual one year. It was one of my first omegas, I really thought of never using him again but realize we all make mistakes so gave him another shot. I have probably done 10-15 watches since then and he always meets his estimated time. Glad I stuck with him it has worked out well over time.

6. thelinendial Feb 21, 2020

I brought my watch in October and after 2 month 2 weeks of unnecessary delay with the Toronto Service Center - they held my watch because we email discussed (which was in itself a frustrating experience) ordering a strap!

The watch arrived in Switzerland in Jan and the update is scheduled to return end of March.

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 21, 2020

They never gave me a wesite to check for updates. I would just call or email periodically to ask.

WYO_Watch likes this.
  8. studeb Mar 5, 2020

Some ideas -
    See if you can get an internal case/work order number., call the mothership directly and ask for an update.
    Ask to speak with the US national manager, and ask them for an update in 24 hours on the status of the watch. It would not hurt to mention this thread on an internationally read Omega watch website.
    Look up Raynald Aeschlimann's email and reach out to him.

This is all very basic service support, it should be easy for them to get an update timely. Or do they use a telex to communicate with Bienne?

9. mblease Mar 5, 2020

I totally agree. I had a problem with a repair carried out at Omega recently. During one of my many phone calls to the head of customer services I dropped the OF into the conversation, it may have been coincidental but things seemed to happen a little quicker from that point on.

10. WYO_Watch Mar 5, 2020

Life has been busy for me the last couple of weeks, but the promised phone call and update never happened... I’ll be calling back next week sometime.

I think I will just ask for my watch back :unsure:

Thrasher36 and nzshadow like this.
  11. thelinendial Mar 7, 2020

Well I finally got my watch back after ~5 months (sent in October and picked it up March 3).

12. WYO_Watch May 8, 2020

I’d have liked to update this with good news, but don’t have any. Still waiting on any information from Omega on an eta or update. Covid has slowed swatch down like it has most things.

After calling customer service again, I have been told that they will reach out to me with an update (again). This is now the third rep, including the manager that have promised a return call. I have yet to receive one, but we’ll see if this time is different. They’ve had my Speedy since June 6th :eek:

larryganz, JanV, DaveK and 1 other person like this.
  13. rob#1 May 8, 2020

That is woeful customer service. Very soon it’ll be a whole year with very little in the way of consumer support or basic communication. At the end of the day I guess they’re a large corporation focussed on selling new stock, but this is very disappointing.

Hopefully they’ll send you a new 321 Speedy in compensation :rolleyes:

14. DManzaluni May 8, 2020

How many times do you need showing that they have lost your watch? They have also noticed that you dont mind being fobbed off.

Stop dealing with junior clerks. Do they have mysterious sub-continent accents?

Call Switzerland and ask what they intend to do about their having lost it.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  15. JwRosenthal May 8, 2020

I hate to agree but at this point I would at least want proof of life. If they can’t provide you with the watch back, either whole or in pieces, then they owe you a watch.

16. pIoNeErOfThEnILe May 8, 2020

you've gone above and beyond the call of patience..

you should make a video as to why anyone should not send their watch to them. and the pitfalls of in house movements.

you can only be so nice for so long.

kkt and marco like this.
  17. orlis May 8, 2020

Dude, that’s nearly a year!!! Try reaching senior management, LinkedIn can help you easily identify who is the right target

18. studeb May 8, 2020

If you know the name of an Omega employee, say maybe the CEO, you could try sending an email to [email protected]
    Let him know that you sent your watch to Omega USA to be serviced, it was sent to Switzerland (?) to be serviced and now the US service network cannot tell you where the watch is nor when it will be returned. I would include the tag/receipt number, model, sn of the watch. Let them know the timeline of when you contacted them, when they said they would get back to you, and that each time no follow up information has been given. Explain that this has been going on for far too long without any further information from them about the watch. Inform him that you are very disappointed in the service that Omega is supplying, and expect an update. As most of this happened pre COVID that should not factor into why this is taking so long, Switzerland started to open up two weeks ago.

See what kind of response that gets.

19. Theluglife May 9, 2020

please do keep us updated. I thought trying to buy a bracelet from a local Omega Boutique was frustrating. This is an absolute nightmare!

20. DManzaluni May 9, 2020

I favour the more aggressive approach, see eg

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...-make-your-colleagues-hate-you-20200226193835

You need to say:

You have lost my watch. At the factory. Please find me one as similar as possible or send me its value.

Maybe they will come clean and update you with their proposals as to the real situation: 'We accidentally damaged your dial and now dont know what to do as we dont have a dial in stock and cant really do a re-dial for you without it looking like a redone dial'

Edited May 9, 2020
    imageWIS likes this.