Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve Oct 9, 2011

How else would you get that HollyWood smile ..:D

2. corporateangel Oct 9, 2011

Thats great information. So I can use a Cape Cod cloth on rolled gold which is handy as I have some straps with rolled gold (not plated).
    What would be the best advice to polish out minor scratches on real gold watches please and for polishing out minto scratches on glass crystal.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2011

Best advice: Let your watchmaker or jeweller do it if its solid gold, especially rarities. These gold cap watches are worth under $1k, mine was only $200. Your Gold Seamaster needs an experienced hand to not overdo it, which is the temptation when DIY polishing.

4. corporateangel Oct 9, 2011

Cheers Ashley :)

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2011

Also if you polish the La Magique, and take 1mm of gold off, you won't have any watch left, just a smear on the polishing cloth :p

6. corporateangel Oct 9, 2011

Haha good advice - the Magique is pretty much perfect so I'll leave that one alone!

7. ulackfocus Oct 9, 2011

Here's what you should do - ship that gold Seamaster 751 to me. I'll have it polished up nice for you. Problem is my watchmaker has a 6 to 9 month backlog. But don't worry! I'll wear it once or twice a month to keep it in working order. :p

8. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Oct 9, 2011

I still think it will be ok, IMO the cape cod clothes don't take off too much, they only remove the little surface scratches from my experiences. You can just do it very lightly, and when you feel uncomfortable just stop! :thumbsup:

9. corporateangel Oct 9, 2011

I will bear the kind offer of a polish in mind - pity about the backlog ;)
    I'll also look into the Cape Cod polishing cloths - only worrying thing is that my father has the majority of my collection and he would be the 'Polisher'.

10. corporateangel Oct 9, 2011

I want to buy some watch boxes for a couple of my 'special' watches that are currently housed in 'very' tatty boxes. I know that we have a wanted section but wasn't sure if I would look a bit silly asking for specific brand boxes. Is there anywhere that I should be going on the net to find these and should I go ahead and post on the wanted section?

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2011

Try posting on wanted, if nothing else, our site gets indexed very well by google so someone may find it in searches. There was actually a guy trying to sell an Omega box on the vintage forum here not too long ago.