Forums Latest Members
  1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 23, 2015

I am currently working on my Cal 1040 and there is a plate in which someone had previously broken off a screw and had glued the head back into position. There was nothing I could do to remove the old screw - it is set in a steel post, around which a wheel rotates so I can't dissolve it and it is so jammed in that it broke the tips on the broaches of my Bergeon screw extractor. Then a plate cropped up on eBay, but eBay's global shipping programme have decided that Omega parts cannot be shipped across international boundaries, so I couldn't buy it from the USA (another downside to that particular eBay practice)

I am involved in a conversation that has been ongoing for some time now and I asked if any of the participants, from the States, would be so kind as to buy it and send it to me. Now, despite having known these people only in the virtual world, it took less than half an hour before I received a message saying the item had been purchased.

I won't name the member involved but chapeau to you, sir and "Thank You" to all of those established members of this forum that make such things possible.

ELV web, Northernman, Mothra and 12 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 23, 2015

I'm sure many could tell similar stories. I've got one, but it's still being written. Update to come at the end.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 23, 2015

Not the first time it's occurred on this forum, and I've been lucky to have had the same selfless assistance.

4. TheCaptainOfTech Jan 23, 2015

All I got to say is great forum to be a part of. Always enjoy reading the posts here!

5. ulackfocus Jan 23, 2015

Brothers look out for each other. :thumbsup:

6. alam Jan 23, 2015

I'm also, currently working on my 1040, I need someone, preferably a member in the US to take care of the final outcome. Any time before April 15 will be fine. :p

cicindela likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2015

I think good karma is a very real thing particularly in watch collecting, the best part to me is that no matter what country you travel to, there's a group of guys you could meet up with at a pub or restaurant. If you're wearing a vintage Omega, you literally have friends in every corner of the world even if you haven't met them yet.

Northernman, TLIGuy and NT931 like this.
  8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 24, 2015

I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Really. :)

Great group of members.

rhetoric likes this.
  9. Superdoc Jan 24, 2015

This is one of the greatest things about it!

There are not many things that will instantly create a bond between People...
    MIlitary Service is one,
    Careers is sometimes one...
    and on the downside, sometimes trauma or tragedy...

But that's about it.... Like Ash says, when you meet a fellow wis, you are instantly Bonded... it is part of that emotional connection that transcends practicality

10. Geo! Jan 24, 2015

I like it when folk help one another, I wish it was more prevalent in society In general!

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2015

:rolleyes:
    For our non USA members , Angel's 1040 is his Federal income taxes :rolleyes:

12. Hijak Jan 24, 2015

I have a story like this as well. I had purchased a 168.032 Day/Date (Sparkle Dial) with a Spanish day wheel a while back and was kind of wishing it had an English day wheel but it was in such nice condition just thought I'd live with it. Within twenty-four hours of this purchase a fellow Forum member PMed me with an offer to send me an English day wheel he had and he would not accept payment for it, not even shipping. I was stunned and grateful and this Forum member was not close, this date wheel had to cross an ocean. As he wished to remain anonymous I will take this opportunity to thank him again! Anonymously of course! (Thank You Sir!);) Just one more story about this outstanding Forum.