Forums Latest Members

Just one of the reasons I love this forum

1. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 10, 2015

Unlike other watch forums, no-one here feels the need to list after every post every watch that they own, have owned, or want to own.

RLC, x3no, persco and 14 others like this.
  2. ELV web Aug 10, 2015

I like the interface, I don't look at other forums at all, too hard to use....

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 10, 2015

I too find the need to list every past or presently owned watch a bit annoying. Even worse are the "Risti" forums (they tend to be the worst offenders in my experience) where everyone has huge images and so much of the "mates are great" stuff in their signature that even a one word post takes up 1/2 the page...

4. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 10, 2015

Current rotation: PP Minute Repeater
    AP Complete Calendar
    VC World Timer

Retired: Red plastic Swatch

Dream Watch: White plastic Swatch

Privateday7, ELV web, LouS and 7 others like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 10, 2015

Yea, not permitting signatures was one of our rules from the start, nobody cares about your watchbox, favourite quotes or bible passages enough to want to read them after every post...

One of the worst forum features ever. We still get the occasional complaint about it but its never going to change, nothing should interrupt or get in the way of actual content.

6. ConElPueblo Aug 10, 2015

As long as there is an option to remove signatures, I couldn't care less - one of the first things I do when joining various fora is to remove that s::censored::t.

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 10, 2015

Another reason for not allowing the signatures or list of every watch is when you do a search. I was searching on another board (I can't recall for what watch) and just so happened that a semi active member had this particular watch in his long list of watches and consequently many posts came up that were not related. This also carried over when I did a google search. UGH.

Matty01 and persco like this.
  8. Wongo Aug 10, 2015

I like it here cos we can take about price/valuation/money... somehow I still don't understand why some forums bans it...

Temiyasen and citizenrich like this.
  9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 10, 2015

Because some forums are owned by a major auction house :) Its bad for business if people actually know what watches are actually worth on TZ.

10. Wongo Aug 10, 2015

I see, never thought about that...

11. timeismoney Aug 10, 2015

One obvious one is the absence of ads.

*and the fact that there are so many selfless knowledgeable members on here but I think there are several threads that mentioned this already.

citizenrich and Spacefruit like this.
  12. emilio Aug 10, 2015

Like this forum as well, and think it is the best watch forum around!

So much knowledge and nice people here!

13. bobby75 Aug 10, 2015

I did read on another forum many years ago someone got into trouble by making a valuation on a watch/group of watches that were later used in some kind of legal battle, not sure how they can be held responsible mind.

I think some ban them because they can get swamped by people joining just to ask how much their watch is worth only never to be seen again once they get their answer.

14. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 10, 2015

Glad that never happens here!

::stirthepot::
    (yes, I course I'm guilty, but at least I stuck around!)

citizenrich likes this.
  15. stizzy Aug 10, 2015

This is such a wonderful forum. I am picking up a lot everyday. It is not easy to find so many people willing to share their knowledge. I look forward to being able to contribute in a near future.

citizenrich likes this.
  16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 10, 2015

I like it here too.

Mostly for the climate and (as yet) un-depleted nutrients in the soil. And the fact that weeds can't thrive.

Fertile ground indeed... to grow knowledge and relationships.

citizenrich, watchme and JimInOz like this.
  17. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 10, 2015

The only time I ever venture onto (what used to be) the Dutch site, is when a Google search takes me there.

This is the only watch forum of which I am an active member and that is because of the friendly atmosphere and liberal attitude.

Thanks to @LouS @MMMD and @John Chris for bringing me over from the Dark Side although there is at least one Zenith guy over there who would be a great member here - and at least one who would be about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

18. ulackfocus Aug 10, 2015

Only because we'd run out of band width and crash the servers. :eek: :D

..... and then there's me. Knowledge? Yeah, maybe. Nice? NO F::censored::KING WAY! I'm an a::censored::ole.

CdnWatchDoc and watchme like this.
  19. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 10, 2015

I think we would all agree with that.

20. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Aug 10, 2015

I like the fact that everyone seems to get along fine on here, obviously there is the occasional glitch and falling out among members but generally everyone is level headed. I've tried forums before and managed to get banned pretty quickly by speaking my mind but on here it's just a contribution and other people add their own opinions. I've looked at other watch forums and me no likely so I will stick with this one that fits like a pair of old slippers.

citizenrich likes this.