F1 2022

Since Gasly has no future at Red Bull, I can see him departing AlphaTauri for Alpine. AlphaTauri could bring Albon back to partner with Tsunoda or another driver if he is not retained.

Assuming Latifi is out, Williams would have two seats available for a young driver like Logan Sargeant and a veteran driver with funding. Would Mick be interested?

This should be a fun silly season. 🍿

Unless a bottom feeding team such as Haas, Alfa, Williams, Alpha Tauri, and Aston Martin, luck out and develop an amazingly great car, all these drivers are just marking time and trying to pick up some money by endorsing products. For the B teams, (Ferrari, McLaren, Alpine) the drivers are just filling up their resumes with fancy names and lots of "almosts." And some decent pay checks if they save their money. The only thing that is going to make them real contenders will be act of god that forces Mercedes and Red Bull to race on three wheels.

Obviously K Mag will have a seat next year at this rate.

It's amazing how much money old man Stroll is willing to waste.

To be fair, the Alpine team is very different from the Renault team he left. Most of the old guard are gone. And given Ricciardo’s performance, I can see them signing Ricciardo at a discount. If it was truly a car compatibility issue and Ricciardo hasn’t lost his touch, it would be a really good deal for Alpine.

Other than that, I can see Alpha Tauri and Williams being an option for him.

Called it. It’s definitely a possibility for Ricciardo to return to Alpine. Business is business.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/s...ng-ricciardo-back-to-alpine-f1-team/10348007/

Called it. It’s definitely a possibility for Ricciardo to return to Alpine. Business is business.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/s...ng-ricciardo-back-to-alpine-f1-team/10348007/
man!! this DR fellow needs to leave F1 & give some of the youngsters in the wings a chance -- Nick de Vries, Piastri for example.

Latifi needs to go & Williams being a Merc engine users, Nick de Vries should drive with Albon.
Tsunoda needs to go too...too volatile personality -- how many times have I read "nobody can blow their top like Yuki"
Zhou as well.... he's just wasting Alfa's time...

I can’t help myself 🙄
It would suck for Piastri if he talks himself out of a F1 ride in 2023.

As a big F1 and Omega fan, I thought I’d share some of my photos from the 22 Canadian GP. All these photos were taken on my Leica M3 film camera from 1955 with a 50mm Summicron from 1956. I have a number of iPhone photos too if there is an appetite to see some of those, cheers

As a big F1 and Omega fan, I thought I’d share some of my photos from the 22 Canadian GP. All these photos were taken on my Leica M3 film camera from 1955 with a 50mm Summicron from 1956. I have a number of iPhone photos too if there is an appetite to see some of those, cheers
they are not tack sharp.
did you soften the images? or, did they come out like this?

Lol always an unnecessary critic - keep in mind the cars are moving at over 200kms/hr and a vintage Leica shutter speed maxes at 1000 - plus this is a lens/camera that are 65+ years old.
Edited:

Very cool, took me a double take for a moment to realise it was a modern race and not Stirling Moss vs Fangio back in the day

Very cool, took me a double take for a moment to realise it was a modern race and not Stirling Moss vs Fangio back in the day

Yeah, they look like they’re from another era. Like a Jesse Alexander photo from the golden age of Motorsport .. then you look closer and realize!!

took me a double take for a moment to realise it was a modern race and not Stirling Moss vs Fangio back in the day
Seriously! Same here

These are all excellent and I love how they turned out! I am a vintage Leica collector myself with an MaD, M1, M3, M2, and various vintage Summicron glass. There are a bunch more of us too, so always feel free to share these!

they are not tack sharp.
ffs 🤦

Seriously! Same here

These are all excellent and I love how they turned out! I am a vintage Leica collector myself with an MaD, M1, M3, M2, and various vintage Summicron glass. There are a bunch more of us too, so always feel free to share these!

ffs 🤦

oh wow, those are some amazing cameras! Perhaps we need a Leica thread! Thank you for your kind words.