F1 2022

i just hope that what I browse are tack sharp .. Jk
Lol! well, my Hasselblad rivals my digital cameras in regards to sharpness. You'll see if you go through the first of the second set of links. I'm glad you'll stick around! There is a lot more than watches being discussed on here. If you have a love for pizza, there is a wonderful thread on that too.

Seriously! Same here

These are all excellent and I love how they turned out! I am a vintage Leica collector myself with an MaD, M1, M3, M2, and various vintage Summicron glass. There are a bunch more of us too, so always feel free to share these!

ffs 🤦
hey @Scarecrow Boat -- ffs to you , Mister! 🙁
your reaction is totally uncalled for 🤮

>> Lol always an unnecessary critic - keep in mind the cars are moving at over 200kms/hr and a vintage Leica shutter speed maxes at 1000 -
>> plus this is a lens/camera that are 65+ years old.
Thanks for this info, @JasonF
yes, I know that F1 cars go fast -- they go 200-215mph & 300-325 kmph.
if the old lenses cap out at 1/1000 then clearly this is the wrong tool for the job -- the user's got to understand this.
what about that photo of the F1 sitting in the pit garage?? -- that one is also going 200mph?? 😉

re. old cameras & all the links provided -- all good there.
I too love old cameras but, FFS - to quote @Scarecrow Boat -- use some intelligence when you use it for a photo shoot. shooting F1 cars on a race track on race day is not the cup of tea for old camera with limited shutter speed. it can produce some lovely photos of many other things.

I had a Nikon D7000 with a Nikon 200/F2.8 lens (really heavy) & had the hardest time panning & shooting military jets at airshows. and, that lens had some really fast shutter speeds....so, yeah, i do know what it's like to get a good shot of a really fast moving object....

nothing-speechless.gif

Well that escalated quickly.

hey @Scarecrow Boat -- ffs to you , Mister! 🙁
your reaction is totally uncalled for 🤮

Ironic, because that is exactly what I thought reading your comments on the photos...

Ironic, because that is exactly what I thought reading your comments on the photos...

hmmm.....

nice camera brand & lens, no doubt
clearly wrong tool for the F1 race.
it's clear the photos are not sharp. not even the static shots.my comments were based on that....
so, what am i not comprehending here? somebody needs to help me understand........

(or, is it long-time members bully new members?)

Artistic perspective, perhaps?
Of course a new modern camera is ideal for shooting a modern F1 race. Like, of course.
But maybe, just MAYBE someone wants to use something else to achieve a different outcome.
You don't have to like it, but does not mean that his pictures are no good.
Feel free to post up some of your work.

hmmm.....

nice camera brand & lens, no doubt
it's clear the photos are not sharp. not even the static shots.my comments were based on that....
so, what am i not comprehending here? somebody needs to help me understand........

hello!

step back and take a deep breath.

relax…

The response you are experiencing has to do with your harsh response to someone’s pictures. That is why your getting dragged.

take a look at how your initial comment was received and how it appears it was interpreted, then it appears that you had a fairly inappropriate response to someone pointing it out to you.

that is all.

relax it will be fine.

Of course a new modern camera is ideal for shooting a modern F1 race. Like, of course.
But maybe, just MAYBE someone wants to use something else to achieve a different outcome.
You don't have to like it, but does not mean that his pictures are no good.
Like wearing a mechanical watch instead of a quartz!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mn-pix/

these are several years ago.
sold the Nikon D7000 & all my lens -- it was "big production" hence not getting used much at all......

A lot of these were shot with my go-to lens an 18-105mm. After I sold it the buyer informed me that it had a lot of mildew inside. It was a brand new lens when i bought it. Kept good care of it & was horrified to learn it had mildew inside. I think it explains why I could never get some of the photos to be as sharp as I wanted them to be....

Nope, just you being called out for being a bit of a dick.

Nope, just you being called out for being a bit of a dick.
you mean this is not accepted:

"they are not tack sharp.
did you soften the images? or, did they come out like this?"

the OP has not answered my questions.
This is a forum where we are all strangers to each other.
I have NO idea what is going on this fellow's mind when he took these photos i.e. what effect did he intend to achieve?
I certainly cannot read this mind & his intentions.
And, when he posted his pix he offered no background.
So, it appears my reply (while atypical & considered harsh by all) does not seem out-of-line to me.
by asking questions to the OP i am trying to figure out where he is coming from w.r.t. these photos.
whenever I've posted photos I've always written a little bit about what I was trying to photograph & what effect I was trying to achieve, etc to give the viewer some idea where I was coming from.
No such thing from the OP....
only hate responses that I think were disproportionate to my reply ---- which was seeking to understand the OP's motive of his pix.
anyway, this exchange with all of you is certainly not appreciated by me....
well, i hope you guys recognize why i wrote what I did.

and, to @vbrad26 & @Foo2rama -- thanks for your explanations....

you mean this is not accepted:

"they are not tack sharp.
did you soften the images? or, did they come out like this?"

the OP has not answered my questions.
This is a forum where we are all strangers to each other.
I have NO idea what is going on this fellow's mind when he took these photos i.e. what effect did he intend to achieve?
I certainly cannot read this mind & his intentions.
And, when he posted his pix he offered no background.
So, it appears my reply (while atypical & considered harsh by all) does not seem out-of-line to me.
by asking questions to the OP i am trying to figure out where he is coming from w.r.t. these photos.
whenever I've posted photos I've always written a little bit about what I was trying to photograph & what effect I was trying to achieve, etc to give the viewer some idea where I was coming from.
No such thing from the OP....
only hate responses that I think were disproportionate to my reply ---- which was seeking to understand the OP's motive of his pix.
anyway, this exchange with all of you is certainly not appreciated by me....
well, i hope you guys recognize why i wrote what I did.

and, to @vbrad26 & @Foo2rama -- thanks for your explanations....

You are not "entitled" to answers to your questions. He made his own choices for his own reasons, and he doesn't need to explain himself to some random guy on this forum who believes himself to be a photography critic.

You keep talking about how this exchange is not "appreciated" by you, but seem to have no clue that your comments were not "appreciated" by many here.

You admit that you have no idea what he was trying to accomplish, but state clearly that he used the wrong tool for the wrong job...repeatedly...

if the old lenses cap out at 1/1000 then clearly this is the wrong tool for the job -- the user's got to understand this.

If you want to keep digging, feel free...

I have a legitimate question which I think could help clear some things up.
@bombaywalla , is English your first language?

I have a legitimate question which I think could help clear some things up.
@bombaywalla , is English your first language?
was taught English in school & use to communicate with all at work & on forums but no one from that side of the world will claim English to be their first language.