Any thoughts on this Vintage Honeycomb dial CAL.266

Hi,

I am new around here. I have a little collection of JLC but I am new at Omega vintages. I have been looking for a vintage hand winding Omega with a honeycomb dial. Usually been looking for original dials I came across many honeycomb dials that had too much patina for me (to yellowish or just too much damaged). I found this one (a redial of course - seller is honest about it) and wanted some extra opinion on it.

Some info from the seller:
Case diameter-- 38mm approx
Case-- The stainless steel case is in very good condition. All edges and chamfers are still present.
Dial-- Textured Silver color dial has been professionally restored. The stylistically timeless gold hour markers and hands.
Movement-- Omega Cal.266
Condition-- In Good Condition, keeping good time

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 21.56.05.png Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 21.56.14.png Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 21.56.28.png Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 21.56.35.png
Edited:

may i ask how much the watch cost?
the watch looks beautiful

i am not sure whether its high or not but i does not matter if you are going to keep it for a long time

Thanks for your answer!
I never thought I would be attracted by a redial but after seeing many that had such a yellow patina I am being attracted by this one that seems professionally restored. I know it's much less desirable and wanted to check:

- if the price doesn't look outrageous
- anything else I should pay attention to with these watches -- it's also the first time I bump into these 3 and 9 index on a vintage Omega with honeycomb dial...

Its been heavily polished to my eyes and i cant see any chamfers !!!

I’d slow your roll and keep searching

The watch looks great even if polished. I’m curious how they restore textured dials especially ones where the pattern may be damaged. Do they have the ability to re-emboss the pattern?
The fine line detail is excellent on that dial. It would seem impossible to apply fine straight lines on diagonal textured patterns like that. Do they spray the print on with a fine ink jet printer or is it stamped on?

Sure, an immaculate, original example in 38mm would cost more than that.
Still this is not that, with the case as soft as they come and a redial.

You need to ask yourself if you want to make that compromise, and buy a superficially good looking watch (from a distance) now, or wait a bit longer and find that all original gem further down the line. From a collector's point, it is still 1250 wasted.

These textured non-seamaster omegas come up fairly regularly and I think can be had for that amount in a smaller size (35mm) easily.

That's one heck of a lot more money than this watch is worth.

Nothing wrong with a little patina and both with original dials😀

upload_2021-6-4_22-51-10.jpeg

upload_2021-6-4_22-53-27.jpeg