Forums Latest Members

SOLD Oversized / Jumbo 1954 Cal 266 Waffle/Honeycomb dial Omega

1. NT931 Mar 3, 2017

Up for sale is my jumbo handwound Omega with a waffle dial.

I bought this from a well-known forum member in May 2015, and the watch was serviced in Jul 2015. The SS case is ~37.5mm (without crown), and it has a waffle dial with a pretty even, light yellow patina, and rose-gold tone hour markers. The hour and minute hand are original I think, but the second hand is a replacement I suspect. The crown is also likely a replacement.

As for the dial, the forum member I bought it from feels the dial is original and not a redial; I agree with him. It’s hard to show the exact colour - for some reason in the pictures in my el cheapo light tent the dial comes off rather yellow against the grey background. The actual colour is better seen in the 2 wristshots and the picture against the wood background. (so much for my photography skills)

The case has been polished before, and shows some wear. The crown has a small mark, which I’ve tried to show in the close-up. The case back also has 2 parallel lines. I mention all this in the spirit of disclosure.

I should also state that the crown was fixed by by my watchmaker in 2015. If you pull it out too vigorously, you potentially could pull the entire crown and stem out. My watchmaker has fixed it by tightening the screw inside so it doesn’t come out with regular setting, but I’d advise the buyer to be gentle when pulling the crown out to set the time - it is a 63y old watch after all!

I have not opened the caseback since the service, so I’ve attached pictures from the original forum seller showing caseback and movement. The watch works well and keeps time.

The watch also comes on a lightly used medium (110/70mm) Hirsch Forest Calf strap, which I think complements the watch nicely.

The price I’m asking is USD650. Paypal is fine, I’m happy to split the fees.

I will ship from Singapore via tracked EMS for USD25, other methods of shipping can be agreed upon with the buyer; buyer will pay for these other methods. I will also pack the watch in a hard clamshell case for protection, so you get a free watch case you can use for travels!

Sales are final unless the watch is not as described. I have bought and sold here on OF, and you can search in the ‘Seller Reviews’ section for references. I may also want to ask for references, I hope you don’t mind.

This is also a reluctant sale, as it isn’t easy to find these larger Omegas with a waffle dial. However since I’m funding a grail, this has to go to a new home.

PM me if you’re keen. Thank you! (and on to the pictures)

File_004.jpg File_006.jpg View attachment 353156 File_001.jpg File_002.jpg File_003.jpg File_010.jpg 3230059_orig.jpg 8673143_orig.jpg

The patina is still present, but looks less yellow in the next 2 pics compared to the earlier ones. It's a light yellow in real life.
    File_000.jpg File_009.jpg

Rman, Steve cawthorne, pascs and 11 others like this.
  2. NT931 Mar 8, 2017

Available, offers welcome!

3. NT931 Mar 16, 2017

Happy to sell it for $620, offers welcome!

4. NT931 Mar 24, 2017

Sold to D, a real gentleman! :thumbsup:

Crash48 likes this.