Forums Latest Members

****2016 Summer Photo Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! ***

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 19, 2016

>>>> !!! WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS !!! <<<<

I was planning on doing only the top three, but there were so many great entries, that I have added a few prizes and awarded three honorable mentions to photos that the Darlinboy family felt were worthy of recognition. We could have awarded even more, but I'm not made of prizes you know, and this isn't your kid's soccer tournament with "participation" trophies. ;)

First Prize - @styggpyggeno1 - Rolex Submariner in its natural element, rarely seen by most Subs I might add.
    image.jpeg

Second Prize - @JimInOz - Omega Seamaster 300 on 'da beach
    image.jpeg

Third Prize - @dialstatic - NOW (which is when the Darlinboy family wants to hit the beach)
    image.png

======================

First Honorable Mention - @Mad Dog - Omega Speedmaster aka Speedy Gonzales (also voted "most likely to experience a wardrobe malfunction":eek:)
    image.jpeg

Second Honorable Mention - @neekon - Omega Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial in its natural element, more often seen by Seamasters then Subs I might add.
    image.jpeg

Third Honorable Mention - @Togri v. 2.0 - Seiko SKX007 with gin noir, the natural element for Seikos I might add.
    image.jpeg

@styggpyggeno1 @JimInOz and @dialstatic - I will contact you for selection of prizes (list in first post of this thread) in order of finish

@Mad Dog @neekon and @Togri v. 2.0 - please message me with your preferred shipping address, I will choose your prizes from my stash.

Contratulations to the winners & thanks everyone for a fun contest!
    ::psy::::psy::::psy::

Edited Jun 19, 2016
    George.A, oddboy, Pahawi and 36 others like this.
  2. Spy You know my name. Jun 19, 2016

So, who are the losers, er, I mean honorable mentions? :D

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 19, 2016

How'd you miss them? :whipped:

4. Spy You know my name. Jun 19, 2016

I posted before you added the pics. :confused:

5. Spy You know my name. Jun 19, 2016

Congratulations all! Well deserved indeed!

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. gostang9 Jun 19, 2016

So many great entries and you and the @Darlinboy family did a fabulous job picking the top ones!

Sincere congrats to the winners and big appreciation for making this happen! It's been a real treat watching the photos roll in as well as the natural bantering that went with them!

Happiest of Father's Day to you and all the other dads!

RawArcher and Darlinboy like this.
  7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 19, 2016

Congratulations to all. Well chosen! Love the 1st price pick

bristnj and Darlinboy like this.
  8. watchdaddy1 Jun 19, 2016

Congratulations to the winners
    & thank you & your family for picking well deserved winners ....

the rest of us will hang our heads in shame[emoji17]

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap

Darlinboy and gostang9 like this.
  9. Mr Bing Jun 19, 2016

Yeah, congrats to all winners and all participants and, of course, Darlinboy and family for making it happen. Thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

10. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Jun 19, 2016

Fun time. Thanks

Darlinboy likes this.
  11. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs Jun 19, 2016

All Great Pics,congratulations to the winners!

Darlinboy likes this.
  12. ulackfocus Jun 19, 2016

I guess that just proves my eye is nearly dead on. Picked the top two and my third choice was an honorable mention.

..... now, since I've already got the ban hammer out because of now-former-member MarcB, maybe Farmer John needs a time out for not giving the squirrel a nod. :cautious: ::rant: :eek: :D

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  13. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 19, 2016

Um, no prize for that. :rolleyes:

And, I pray that the overlap between your selections and the winners is pure random chance vs. any similarity with the Darlinboy family aesthetic. :eek:

Pratts!

Will I B******S!!!
    ::psy::

oddboy and ulackfocus like this.
  14. leetse2 Jun 19, 2016

Congrats to the winners! We certainly have some amazing photographers here.

Darlinboy likes this.
  15. ulackfocus Jun 19, 2016

Despite your sarcasm, I decided to have mercy on you and replace "Farmer John" with a much worthier avatar message:

;) :thumbsup:

dougiedude, oddboy, abrod520 and 3 others like this.
  16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 19, 2016

Wow!

I'm truly honoured to win a prize in this competition, and even more so considering the quality of the other contestants' entries.

I have so many people to thank for their support that it's hard to know where to start. I'd like to thank my Mum for having me, Mr Pearce from the high school photography club, Tony at the camera store, Annie for making me go on the walk to the beach and...................

Hang on, it's not an Oscar is it?

OK, then just a huge thankyou @Darlinboy and his judging panel, first for his generosity and forum spirit, and the panel for their obvious good taste :D

And as my Granddaughter likes to say when she is excited.....................................

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. bristnj Jun 19, 2016

Well done Darlinboy family! Great choices and tons of excellent pics in the thread. Happy Fathers Day all.

Darlinboy likes this.
  18. neekon Jun 19, 2016

I feel so honored to have had a photo of mine chosen for this competition. :) I had a great time participating and I congratulate all my fellow winners. There was some stiff competition. The overall winner was pretty awesome, and definitely deserved the win.

Darlinboy likes this.
  19. Andreas Jun 20, 2016

Congrats to the winners and a big thanks to the @Darlinboy family for taking the time to do this.

Darlinboy likes this.
  20. tapaptpat Jun 20, 2016

@darlington and family, thanks for your time and good taste. Congratulations to @styggpyggeno1, @JimInOz and @dialstatic. Well done the honorable ones.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Darlinboy likes this.