Forums Latest Members

****2016 Summer Photo Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! ***

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 23, 2016

Thankfully, no one played the squirrel card. And If they try it in the future...

Pratts!

Will I B******S!!!

ahartfie likes this.
  2. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jun 23, 2016

OK...I give up...what the heck does "Pratts! Will I B******S!!!" mean? :confused:

ahartfie likes this.
  3. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jun 23, 2016

It was from a fly-by malcontent who was upset with us for not answering his question to his satisfaction. Pratts is apparently a mild English curse like bastards and Will I B********S, well, I can only assume that it's bollocks.

Please to see https://omegaforums.net/threads/micro-adjust-clasp.40189/ for your reading pleasure.

Mad Dog likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Jun 23, 2016

Ever met one? They are trying to get away from the other Swedes ::stirthepot::

Mad Dog, tapaptpat and JimInOz like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 24, 2016

image.jpeg

6. tapaptpat Jun 24, 2016

Belly laugh... Nibble.. Can i let it lie...Dont look [emoji12] [emoji33] [emoji85]

Point of note I'm half Swedish. Live in the UK. But dad constantly complaining about the neighbours not living 10km or more away....nibble...

point of note 2 santa is Swedish. He might just turn up at your house. And one glass of sherry just won't be enough.... Walk AWAY....

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 27, 2016

Actually it is 196: th place. And where the picture was taken - on Åland - they are on 199: th...

What to get away from..? People. I hate people. And traffic. On a international level - I am the only one who can drive a car properly.

Oh, yeah... I would better add a smiley. ;)

8. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 27, 2016

Official thank you to the competition judges and to my fellow competitors!

I am back on line and on net after being out in that same archipelago on Åland as mentioned in my first post in this thread.

I never thought I had a chance in this competition - and that is why I resorted to trying to get the Mrs Judge to think in other directions... away from the photograph and more to the setting. It might have worked...(?)

It is a little ironic... in at least two ways. It is not long ago I was accused of "womens prison photography". Many years ago there was an Australian TV show about a womens prison. It was (in)famous for its bad lighting and camera work (among other things). Here in Sweden they thought my pictures (watches and bikes) was of that quality.
    The other irony - as my pictures got better - is that I have since got people asking me about my lighting and camera equipment. I only have a mobile phone camera and I have never used "lighting". It feels strange to get attention for so little effort and I am almost embarrased when I have to tell about it. The photo that won was taken in, I believe, 2011 and at that time my phone did not even have a macro setting. Out on that island I just put the watch in the water and snapped a few pics while the water and seaweed flowed back and forth.

I am very happy and thankful for winning. Thank you all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tapaptpat Jun 27, 2016

Here me thinking I'd like to have some of that fish(non entry photo).....its 5 years old....[emoji33]....Best bring some Bännvin.

Welcome back and congrats.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk