****2016 Summer Photo Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! ***

Posts
8,743
Likes
69,527
The judges are conferring, sharing their thoughts on the merits of each photograph.馃憤

I am in the back, educating them with details on the watches. As it is Father's Day, they are pretending to listen with great interest. 馃檮

Later, after a scrumptious late lunch on the deck (grilled diver scallops, fresh corn on the cob, sauteed zuchinni squash & vidalia onions, and a nice Cakebread chardonnay馃槈), the Darlinboy family will have the final conference and tally the results.

For those of you who may already looking for your photo in this photo - it will provide no clues to the finalists or eventual winners.馃槣

Edited:
 
Posts
25,980
Likes
27,722
You all should know who's gonna win...... if everyone knows what's good for them, that is. 馃槜 馃榿
 
Posts
1,813
Likes
9,399
Kids vs watch enthusiasts; the final result will be fascinating!
My vote goes to @neekon for that watery 300, with @daddykc close runner up for the armband and enigmatic facial expression.

Sorry @Nobel Prize - you know what they say "Self-praise is no recommendation" (which is a lot more polite than the German version).
 
Posts
25,980
Likes
27,722
There are some great shots of watches among plants and watches at the beach, but there are a few that just stand above the others. Besides my most excellent shot of the Chrono Cockpit (blatant self promotion 馃槈), I can honestly say it would be no shame to lose to either of these:



However, the picture I wish I was there for (because it looks like a cool beach scene) is this one:

 
Posts
6,832
Likes
13,799
I already demand a re-count...the votes are not final until the super delegates have their say! I ban @Longbow and @ulackfocus from voting, giving feedback, traveling et all
 
Posts
1,813
Likes
9,399
I already demand a re-count...the votes are not final until the super delegates have their say! I ban @Longbow[ and @ulackfocus from voting, giving feedback, traveling et all

Too late 馃槤
 
Posts
1,813
Likes
9,399
There are some great shots of watches among plants and watches at the beach, but there are a few that just stand above the others. Besides my most excellent shot of the Chrono Cockpit (blatant self promotion 馃槈), I can honestly say it would be no shame to lose to either of these:



However, the picture I wish I was there for (because it looks like a cool beach scene) is this one:

Indeed, the 1st & last are great, but the second one seems to be problematic - are those Helium bubbles? Obvious fake.
 
Posts
415
Likes
678
I was robbed. It was that Lying guy and that Low Energy guy that did it. Let me win. I will make it GREAT.
 
Posts
25,980
Likes
27,722
Indeed, the 1st & last are great, but the second one seems to be problematic - are those Helium bubbles? Obvious fake.

The photographer is the Helium Escape Valve Master, after all. Ain't that right @styggpyggeno1?
 
Posts
1,813
Likes
9,399
staying with the gloomy theme.
Actually a really cool image, but a bit too "Russian Ultra Hooligan" to be a nice summer photo.
 
Posts
586
Likes
8,654
Well, summer is known for being the best season to take your shirt off 馃榾
 
Posts
2,690
Likes
12,534
Holy shat, who took this photo. That guy must be the winner. It really has it all. 馃槜
 
Posts
8,743
Likes
69,527
WINNERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED!!!

It has been a really tough contest to judge this time, but great fun for the Darlinboy family & hopefully for the contestants and kibitzers too!

馃憤

And now without further delay....





Well, with a small delay, as it will in fact take me a few minutes more to compose the winner's thread. 馃槣
 
Posts
7,293
Likes
76,612
On the way to Father's Day dinner with daughter and this:


105.012-65

Oopsie.! Meant to put this in what are you wearing馃槜
Edited:
 
Posts
8,743
Likes
69,527
>>>> !!! WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS !!! <<<<

I was planning on doing only the top three, but there were so many great entries, that I have added a few prizes and awarded three honorable mentions to photos that the Darlinboy family felt were worthy of recognition. We could have awarded even more, but I'm not made of prizes you know, and this isn't your kid's soccer tournament with "participation" trophies. 馃槈

First Prize - @styggpyggeno1 - Rolex Submariner in its natural element, rarely seen by most Subs I might add.


Second Prize - @JimInOz - Omega Seamaster 300 on 'da beach


Third Prize - @dialstatic - NOW (which is when the Darlinboy family wants to hit the beach)


======================

First Honorable Mention - @Mad Dog - Omega Speedmaster aka Speedy Gonzales (also voted "most likely to experience a wardrobe malfunction"馃槻)


Second Honorable Mention - @neekon - Omega Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial in its natural element, more often seen by Seamasters then Subs I might add.


Third Honorable Mention - @Togri v. 2.0 - Seiko SKX007 with gin noir, the natural element for Seikos I might add.


@styggpyggeno1 @JimInOz and @dialstatic - I will contact you for selection of prizes (list in first post of this thread) in order of finish

@Mad Dog @neekon and @Togri v. 2.0 - please message me with your preferred shipping address, I will choose your prizes from my stash.

Contratulations to the winners & thanks everyone for a fun contest!
::psy::::psy::::psy::
Edited: