WRUW Today?

Posts
468
Likes
6,285
Another 1960s UG today (Space Compax). Essentially the chronograph version of the Polerouter Sub.

 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
Some may remember this piece was a surprise gift from the love of my life a while back, this afternoon she happened to remark that she has not seen me wearing it in a long time so here we are 😀

 
Posts
10,999
Likes
54,910
I was looking on Reddit and dudes were saying the bracelet on the new KS is uncomfortable and sharp edges catch skin. It’s wasn’t a majority but tbh I find the bracelet very comfortable for a seiko and barely notice the case. I guess everyone got their own thing. Oh, happy Friday
Edited:
 
Posts
13,907
Likes
54,079
Carrying weekly wear momentum into Friday … always hard to park this for another.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671


Still loving this one. Now to take it off of bracelet and put on the custom strap from @jankoxxx
 
Posts
5,652
Likes
136,532
New arrival is in!!! ::psy::


It's a 6139-6031 from 1970, sometimes called the black or coke Pogue. I like how the day/date frame is black on these. Makes it less obtrusive and seems to balance the 9 o'clock side nicely. I also like the inner rotatable countdown bezel with the wide red (edit: orange) minute markers. Sort of reminds me of how the current generation PO bezel does it. YaY!
Edited:
 
Posts
162
Likes
1,569
Some may remember this piece was a surprise gift from the love of my life a while back, this afternoon she happened to remark that she has not seen me wearing it in a long time so here we are 😀

Fifteenth, respect! The biggest problem I have with those is the lack of quick-set date - I usually wait a month to wear a left Vostok again. And there are way less models without a date (2409 or 2415) which I like.

PS. Omega are very proud with the Naiad lock to keep the caseback always right oriented, but the Vostok's backs are always correctly oriented since ages and no one even appreciate it enough
Edited:
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
FedEx just dropped this one off. Not the sharpest but I think I am in 🥰
 
Posts
9,234
Likes
76,882
FedEx just dropped this one off. Not the sharpest but I think I am in 🥰
Looks pretty sharp to me 🥰
 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,829
Just so that @Mad Dog doesn’t get lonely, posting pocket watches on the WRUW forum, I thought I’d show my scarce Hamilton grade 952 (19-jewel version of the 950), on my newly acquired @DaveK tan mystery braid lanyard. Actually, this is such a good idea, I may just wear it, and welcome the New Year when it gets here.

 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,829
Prepared for Tuesday, so on my wrist Monday evening. There has been much discussion lately about Speedmaster chronographs (not co-axial) running out seconds per day, that I thought I would dig out my 33 year old Speedmaster and set it to the second, and see just what kind of accuracy it is capable of. I serviced it in February (2023), and I think it it quite accurate.



Eighth day since re-setting my 345.0808 Speedmaster. Today, 14-seconds slow in 8 days. Not bad for a 33 year old non-chronometer!
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
The 3861 says it only took me 14 minutes and 8 seconds to run to Hooters from the layover motel…

Edited: