Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 300 was stolen today

1. txtchfn Apr 18, 2024

My white Seamaster 300 was stolen this afternoon. It was a 25th wedding anniversary gift from my wife. When I got off of work I went to the gym. Someone cut the lock off of my locker and stole the watch and my bank cards. Within 30 minutes they had spent 12,000 on my debit card and was denied on another 4,000 dollar purchase. I absolutely know better than to put anything in the lockers even with a lock. My bank has already refunded my money but the watch is most likely gone. I will chalk it up as an expensive lesson not to be a dumba$$.

Guillaume64 and Turpinrr like this.
  2. Meme-Dweller Apr 18, 2024

Post the serial number

Mark020 likes this.
  3. reverbtime Apr 18, 2024

Sorry about this, especially due to the sentimental value. Maybe checking the cameras nearby (if any) can lead to any suspicious folks near the locker. Was the watch insured?

sheepdoll likes this.
  4. txtchfn Apr 18, 2024

It’s 83684883

5. txtchfn Apr 18, 2024

The gym doesn’t have cameras in the locker room. The person used my debit card at a local electronics store so they do have him on those cameras. I didn’t have insurance which is another stupid decision on my end. No ones ever accused me of being smart.

6. reverbtime Apr 18, 2024

I'd try to get an image on the suspect ASAP.

txtchfn likes this.
  7. txtchfn Apr 18, 2024

The police are on it. Hopefully the camera pic from the store will help the gym identify him. You have to scan in at the gym so they will have his name plus picture.

8. ErichPryde Apr 19, 2024

I genuinely hope this isn't true. We all make mistakes, and although costly, this doesn't even rank highly on the "stupid" scale. Your locker was locked.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

paddymoran, hen, KaiseRRuby and 8 others like this.
  9. Evitzee Apr 19, 2024

Cutting off a lock in a locker room during business hours is pretty bold. Contents of a secured locker should be safe from theft, alas we live in strange times where street theft is more common and often condoned. Watch has probably been pawned already and even if you catch the guy the chances of you actually getting the watch back is slim, unfortunately. Insurance isn't a necessity, imo, many people self insure. A stolen watch stings but won't seriously affect your financial life which is what insurance is for.

Good luck.

Edited Apr 19, 2024
  10. BLOW UP Apr 19, 2024

Sorry to read that.. Just a thought, wouldn't the thief need to be a member of your gym?
    And if you can get a still shot from any of the cctv's from the electronic stores, wouldn't this help your gym cross reference the database?
    Wishing you the best in trying to recover your loss.

watch_er, txtchfn and Turpinrr like this.
  11. txtchfn Apr 19, 2024

As soon as I saw he got my watch I knew I was most likely never getting it back. The monetary value sucks to lose but it being a 25th anniversary present from my wife is the worst thing about it. At least we were refunded the cash that he stole.

YVR785 and Mark020 like this.
  12. txtchfn Apr 19, 2024

Absolutely. That’s exactly how the police said they were going to handle it.

13. gbesq Apr 19, 2024

Very sorry to hear that and I hope that the police catch the thief. Perhaps it's time to look for a new gym? Even with the right tool, it had to take at least 10-15 seconds to cut through and remove the lock and more time to grab things from your locker. A pretty bold move by the thief.

txtchfn likes this.
  14. zedlebowski Apr 19, 2024

That’s a bummer - very sorry to hear this. Might be worth checking whether the gym’s insurance will cover the (financial) loss. You did have it locked and they did admit the thief after all…

Zman4eva, txtchfn and reverbtime like this.
  15. txtchfn Apr 19, 2024

I’ve been a member for 10+ years and this is the first problem I’ve ever had. He got my wallet out of the front pocket of my pants took my bank cards out of the wallet and put the wallet back in my pants pocket. He definitely took some time. It’s absolutely crazy how bold some are.

16. txtchfn Apr 19, 2024

They have numerous signs saying not to put valuables in the lockers. I blame myself because I know better than to put my watch in there. I can’t really blame the business since there’s thief's everywhere.

Edited Apr 19, 2024
  17. Evitzee Apr 19, 2024

Since the crook seemed to know what was in your locker and knew when to break in I would not be surprised if it was an inside job. CCTV may not show the thief if it was an employee.

Aroxx, Bing813 and txtchfn like this.
  18. txtchfn Apr 19, 2024

The police have him on video from the store he used my cards at. The gym doesn’t have cameras in the locker room.

19. Pastorbottle Apr 19, 2024

Just thinking about it caused me to raise some questions in my head.
    Was it just your locker that was broken into? If so why did they choose yours? You have to ask if it was an inside job……perhaps someone working there? Or could they’ve noticed you watch?
    Was there someone present when you put your stuff in the locker?
    It must take some premeditation to have the means of cutting the lock handy doesn’t seem like something you’d carry around for the off chance the you might have the opportunity to use it

txtchfn likes this.
  20. zedlebowski Apr 19, 2024

That's fair. And some internet searching suggests they are only liable if the thief was an employee or there had been recent prior thefts that they did not make patrons aware of. Caveat - I'm a scientist, not a lawyer.

txtchfn likes this.