WRUW Today?

Posts
4,880
Likes
24,824
Wrapping up a loooooong week with one of the slowest Fridays in recent memory….
C’mon 5PM!

 
Posts
7,089
Likes
56,909

Back from a week of playing with grand kids and sporting a 1918 Elgin B.W. Raymond for the day. On a dark blue DaveK lanyard. I miss DaveK and his posts here.
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
Doctors waiting room….

Like is for the watch only 👍
Hope your wait in the Doctors waiting room went well 👍
 
Posts
6,706
Likes
79,982
Dang it…no mention of my super awesome AWCI build-a-watch school ETA 6497-1 “Mad Dog Flieger Special” in the current San Francisco magazine. Maybe next time. Just checked into the Westin St. Francis for the layover…

 
Posts
15,948
Likes
47,875

Back from a week of playing with grand kids and sporting a 1918 Elgin B.W. Raymond for the day. On a dark blue DaveK lanyard. I miss DaveK and his posts here.

I hope I got the S# correct.

https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/elgin/20927219

I have a later version of this B W Raymond. A grade 571. But these earlier grades are much more aesthetically pleasing than the later ones, what with the added decoration and damask finish.

@noelekal ’s sharp Elgin has a double sunk vitreous enamel dial. My later version (grade 571) has a single sunk vitreous enamel dial. The double sunk one is the one I prefer.

I recently sent a second email to Dave’s private email address. He may have turned his back on the OB because a link to him no longer appears in a post to the OB. And he doesn’t answer his private emails! Concerned!
 
Posts
1,398
Likes
13,577
Dropped the dog at the pet groomer (not sure of this translation ?) and now taking a coffee waiting for the bookshop to open… time to browse through OF and share this watch ;-)
Edited: