Forums Latest Members

WRULT? (what are you listening to?)

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 31, 2015

sorry for the thread jack but I know so much more about music than watches.

We've got some ridiculously talented Aussie acts who have established residencies and large followings among scenesters and A & R industry types.

One act which stands out is the "Kin". They're so good and really close; like this <-> close to breaking out. You can Spotify or Pandora them - we've got some of our podcasts up there - excellent quality. Have you heard of them?

Their drummer plays bare handed on a full kit and he's good. Really good. So powerful. He's got like 17 inch guns! Lol. No joke.

*edit - the second YouTube clip is actually a very crafty little tune. The brothers harmonize really well and the tone of their voices is very pleasing to my ear. Take a listen :)

Very haunting.

Check out their drummer! *edit - this is a really well crafted song. Good chord progression and even though the brother playing guitar isn't a great player - he's got perfect tremolo going on. Super technical... IS NICE!

Edited Mar 31, 2015
    lando likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 31, 2015

Pretty weak attempt at claiming a thread hijack medal mate.

This IS a music thread, not a watch thread.

You'll have to try harder, maybe post some of those el cheapo Gallets with a hope to move them on.

:D

lenny and citizenrich like this.
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 31, 2015

My Gallet's are offended!!!!

/thread jack, complete

image.jpg
    TexOmega and JimInOz like this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 31, 2015

::love::

Well, at least your photography skills are improving.

I won't even DIBS that one, nobody in their right mind would let it go.

Or would they now................. <Homer Simpson speaking>

5. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 31, 2015

:) Eric Bibb is a good friend of ours. I believe his new wife is from Austraila (or, maybe New Zealand??). I'm not sure if he still keeps a place in NYC but his family is definitely here.

He's played as a set musician for lots of his friends. That's what a lot of these guys do - they support each other on the circuit so they can tour without a band. Too expensive!!

I love almost all "world music"; we refer to it as "roots" music. It's our thing.

In fact , he was supposed to play for his friend ed romanoff (and, Clive Barnes, Soooooo good!!). a couple weeks ago around St. Patricks Day but their schedules didn't match-up. We've got a new stage which is why I've been so busy.

When you come to NYC I'll wear you out with music. You can stay in the hotel on our property - makes it real easy to dip in and out lol. I had dear old friends in town last weekend and they heard something like 40+ acts in 4 days lol.

https://www.artistswithoutwalls.com/event/ed-romanoff-in-nyc-and-woodstock-ny/

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 31, 2015

Thanks for the clips @citizenrich , that bare handed drummer is something else!

7. TexOmega Apr 1, 2015

Ted Hawkins

IMG_4536 (Copy).JPG

citizenrich likes this.
  8. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 1, 2015

TexOmega, Hijak and citizenrich like this.
  9. TheCaptainOfTech Apr 1, 2015

Great album one of my all time favorites

citizenrich likes this.
  10. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 1, 2015

Well, the wife is out of town at a seminar so I'm up late, running amok, blasting the stereo.

We can switch gears here, on a whim. Classic rock and classical.

Currently winding down with Chopin's complete nocturnes. He's one of my very favorite composers. I'm sure I'll be asleep before they're done playing.

citizenrich likes this.
  11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

Been revisiting the Ramones first few albums recently...

Kreindog24, AAAKK, Hijak and 2 others like this.
  12. Fost Apr 1, 2015

For a stressless day

citizenrich likes this.
  13. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 1, 2015

Please, please come visit if you're ever passing through! I'd be honored.

oddboy likes this.
  14. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 1, 2015

Maria Bartiromo was on TV tonight telling the story of how she met Joey Ramone shortly before he passed. Apparently , he was a keen investor and he wrote her a serious punk love song...he had a mad crush on her.

Maria was an old neighbor (directly across the street!) - my old business partner was her...boyfriend, back in the day. My wife and Maria were schoolmates lol.

OMGRLX and SpikiSpikester like this.
  15. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 1, 2015

Despite it being an extraordinary period for rock & roll, I grew up in the '70s listening primarily soul and funk, and while my tastes are now quite eclectic, that love remains.

Like in the rock genre, there are a few groups that have stood the test of time well, and continue to play to enthusiastic audiences to this day. My favorite may be Tower of Power, but last night I was listening to some live gigs of Incognito. Their musicians are not as consistently high-quality as TOPs, but the sax solo on the infectious first number from this 2013 concert is worth a listen:

Also, their best singer ever (in my view) can be seen and heard in this older concert. I'd suggest two songs starting at 2:09 and 12:35

Edited Apr 1, 2015
    citizenrich likes this.
  16. Shem Apr 1, 2015

[​IMG]

Bienne2998 and dsio like this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

I'm listening to that too, how bloody good is FLOOR! Tarja was brilliant, classically trained Opera singer with epic range and technical ability that just filled a room while making it look effortless and stress free. Anette was a spice girl with no talent or ability by comparison but now Floor just has that same power and intensity of Tarja with even more passion and energy behind it, best decision the band's ever made.

18. italy1861 Apr 1, 2015

Zero 7 and Thievery Corporation on the playlist today....

Kreindog24 likes this.
  19. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 1, 2015

Silence :)
    Daughters just departed for two weeks holiday :D

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  20. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

Hope you're enjoying it with a nice relaxing dram or two :)

Alpha likes this.