SpikiSpikester likes this.
  2. TexOmega Apr 1, 2015

Honeyboy Edwards

IMG_4542 (Copy).JPG

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 1, 2015

Bach - Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields

Kreindog24 likes this.
  4. Shem Apr 1, 2015

Floor is truly remarkable for sure! I wasn't a huge fan of Anette, but I thought she did a nice job on Imaginaerum. Endless Forms Most Beautiful sounds and feels very much like the logical successor to Once, pre-Anette. Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerium seem like a sort of "branch." This is exactly the same way that Sonata Arctica's Pariah's Child is more a successor to Reckoning Night than to the Unia, Stones Grow Her Name, Days of Grays branch.

5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 1, 2015

Don't y'all dare laugh now!

I'm listening to a CD of Stefan Hussong's recording of Bach's English Suites Numbers II, III, and V as played on the accordion.

I've been playing the accordion longer than Hussong's been alive. Just don't play quite as well as he does. There are good reasons for that too. Lack of talent, drive, and practice.

Here I am from back before Hussong was born. I'm sure I'd have been a star except for timing. The Beatles and their stinkin' guitars effectively rendered the accordion a dead duck about the time I took it up.
    [​IMG]

Now I said not to laugh. So, stop it!

Kreindog24, Geo!, Alpha and 1 other person like this.
  6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 1, 2015

You were / are a handsome young man.

noelekal likes this.
  7. TexOmega Apr 1, 2015

Curzon

IMG_4543 (Copy).JPG

noelekal likes this.
  8. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 1, 2015

You're kind (but I bet you laughed).

9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 3, 2015

Some Jack Savoretti,

Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 20.17.47.png

10. djmusicman Apr 4, 2015

Last Train Home - Pat Metheny Group

11. Allant Apr 4, 2015

Tinnitus

KCScott, citizenrich and Archer like this.
  12. djmusicman Apr 4, 2015

PAT METHENY - LETTER FROM HOME

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 4, 2015

Me too. I'm hoping if I ever get off one of the meds I've been on for 30 years it will go away, but after so long I'm not sure...

This is why I need to have music on as I work, and some sort of ventilation fan going when I'm sleeping - silence is very loud otherwise!

14. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 4, 2015

Working on a watch, listening to the Stereophonics.

For some reason, they always remind me of an ex-colleague - not because he was Welsh but because the album Just Enough Education To Perform seems so apposite.

citizenrich likes this.
  15. cubeistan Apr 4, 2015

[​IMG]

citizenrich likes this.
  16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 12, 2015

So today will be listening to Joe Bonamassa...we actually went to see him last night. Here is a clip I took at the show:

Despite some criticisms that he lacks some emotion in his playing, I thought he was very good. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the entire show. We were in the upper seats and I found it quite hot in there - I found out later the heat was cranked up at his request - I guess playing fast with cold fingers is not his forte.

Anyway, I have been fighting a virus for the last few days and have not been sleeping well. Felt like crap all day, and as we were sitting there watching the show, I really started to feel really bad. Apparently I passed out in my seat, and given the heart attack last year my wife was pretty concerned when she could not wake me back up. I did eventually come to again, and then another very kind patron helped support me as I made my way out of the seats at the show, and got some first aid help. Once I got out into some cooler air I felt much better, and the people at the venue were really nice and offered to get us seats on the lower levels where it would be cooler, but by this time I was totally drained and we decided to head home. But the 45 minutes of the show we did see was great!

I have another concert this Friday so hopefully this virus will be cleared up by then!

17. Hijak Apr 12, 2015

Sorry to hear you didn't feel well and had to leave Al, glad you felt better though. Am a big fan of Joe and highly recommend his live albums as they show his talents far better than his studio cuts. His live duos with Beth Hart are some of my favorites.:thumbsup:

Bienne2998 and Time Exposure like this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 13, 2015

Thanks - yes we were a bit disappointed as I was really enjoying the show right up until I passed out! ::censored::

I have been listening to the large number of live performances that are out there on YouTube while I work this morning.

Hijak likes this.
  19. Impondering Doesn't actually ponder all that much. Apr 14, 2015

Lost a local musician today.....RIP Percy Sledge.

Kreindog24 likes this.
  20. Flingit1200s Apr 14, 2015

Joe Bonamassa and Tommy Emmanuel. Love their music and wish I could play half that well.......