Forums Latest Members
  1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 22, 2021

...is the new name for 'Transferwise'. For those of you who do not use/love this service, a heads up...it will be changing soon. I think its a great name based on my experience and what the do ...

kov, marco, iamvr and 2 others like this.
  2. M'Bob Feb 22, 2021

...an Heimer.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  3. Borosilikat Feb 22, 2021

I don't get it, transferwise was a much better name!

DaveK, Foo2rama and Joe_A like this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 22, 2021

They have a card too. Using that is more than transferring money. Haven’t read all the details in detail, but they seem smart so until then I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

5. iamvr Feb 22, 2021

I've been using the card since I started using Transferwise (unless you mean they will launch a new card), it's a Mastercard Debit Card. I use it for online purchases and basically anything I had used a normal credit card before. Automatically deducts the payment currency if you have a balance in that currency, if not it chooses the cheapest conversion rates among the currencies you have a balance for. Plus, every month you can withdraw EUR 200 or equivalent in any other supported currency for free. Great stuff!

marco and eugeneandresson like this.
  6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 22, 2021

Its WISE :D

iamvr likes this.
  7. speedamatuer Feb 22, 2021

I use the card too - works with Paypal and has saved me a small fortune in Paypal exchange rates! I suppose ebay exchange rates as well now...

iamvr likes this.
  8. iamvr Feb 22, 2021

It's WISE, and I'm SLOW :)

9. Tubber Feb 22, 2021

As long as they don't go the same way as World First and only do business accounts. Transferwise have been good up to now.

10. cakey007 Feb 23, 2021

I've been using them for several years for transfers between Euro and UK sterling and always been faultless and quicker than bank to bank.
    I may well look at the card though as it would save me a chunk in poor exchange rates with PayPal or barclaycard as @speedamatuer has said

11. Kiwibloke Feb 25, 2021

Can't recommend Transferwise enough - at least half-a-dozen watch purchases have been paid in a number of currencies using TW. Exchange rates are close to interbank spot rates and fees are miniscule compared to PayPal or banks... That said, I haven't seen anything notifying a name change. Transferwise says it all and they should stick with that!

12. Kiwibloke Feb 25, 2021

Just initiated a transfer and an e-mail confirmation starts with "We're changing our name to Wise". I get that they are now a lot more than pure currency transfers and maybe thought the branding would limit growth into other disintermediation-type services, but a big call!

13. Ness Feb 26, 2021

I have been using its services. It is cheaper and easier than relying on banks.