Who has a METAS movement that is losing time?

I have a AT/8900 +1.5, 300smpc/8800 +1 and another smpc/8800 also +1. All my Omega's metas or not range from +.5 to +2 spd. When I wear them, it's 24/7 for months on end before I switch watches. Very satisfied with the 8800,8500 and 8900 series of movements. No complaints at all.

Is there anyone else with a METAS movement noticing a loss over 24 hours?

My new (December 2022) Aqua Terra 38mm with the 8800 loses about 1 to 3 seconds per day. I've confirmed it with a timegrapher. I have a Speedmaster 38 with a 3330 movement that's "only" COSC spec and it gains no more than 1 - 2 seconds per day, which is easier to live with. The Aqua Terra is supposed to be more accurate, but it's actually less. It's a gorgeous watch, and I realize 1-3 seconds per day isn't a lot, but it's disappointing to buy something that's marketed on its supposed accuracy, only to discover that it's not. At least not out of the box. Hopefully the watch can be regulated to err on the side of slight gains rather than regular slight losses.

My new (December 2022) Aqua Terra 38mm with the 8800 loses about 1 to 3 seconds per day. I've confirmed it with a timegrapher. I have a Speedmaster 38 with a 3330 movement that's "only" COSC spec and it gains no more than 1 - 2 seconds per day, which is easier to live with. The Aqua Terra is supposed to be more accurate, but it's actually less. It's a gorgeous watch, and I realize 1-3 seconds per day isn't a lot, but it's disappointing to buy something that's marketed on its supposed accuracy, only to discover that it's not. At least not out of the box. Hopefully the watch can be regulated to err on the side of slight gains rather than regular slight losses.

Please post timing over 6 positions at full wind...

I’m looking for some feedback from those who have PO 8900s/8800s and SMP 8800s and notice their watches losing time over 24 hour periods.
I've had a total of 3 Planet Ocean 8900s: two of them were -0.5 and -1 sec per day and one was +1 sec per day. All were bought new. Because two of these lost time after 24 hours, I'm chalking it up those two having much tighter tolerances than the other one that gained. When I registered these watches on the Omega website and looked at the individual performance results, the two watches that lost time over a 24hr period always had an average that was closer to 0, while the one that gained had an average of 4.6 sec per day in a range of 0-5 seconds.

I'm think the loss might be normal because my first PO 8900 that lost time, I sent it over to Omega for diagnostics and testing. They had it for a week and reported that it was within METAS specs, but on my wrist that was never the case. I've seen numerous other people here and watchuseek.com with METAS movements post about how their watches lose time in a 24 hour period, usually ranging from -2 to -0.5. I find it odd because theoretically a METAS movement should never lose time. But I also know that if the watch spends most of its time in a slow position, that will skew the accuracy.

With my latest PO 8900 purchased only a week ago, I notice it'll lose 1.5 seconds over 15 hours of wrist time. When I set it at night, crown up, it'll gain 0.5 seconds back so the total loss over 24 hours is 1 second. I think crown up is the "fast" position for this particular watch, but the only issue is that it doesn't make up for what it lost fast enough. I'm hopeful this will improve since it's still a new watch, but I've been reading that "settling in" and "break in" periods for mechanical watches are just myths.

Some positions lose time, some gain. I have an SMP 300/8800 movement that runs about + 1.5 a day. It gains in my wrist and loses in the 12 up position at night.

57 speedmaster with the manual wind 9906 movement gains on the wrist and loses it at night crown up. I always take the time to track positional variance with a new watch using an app so I can position them at night the way I need to. Usually I do it for two weeks to check for consistency then that’s it. Once I learn it for each watch I know what the resting position should be at night to offset whatever is happening on the wrist. Every watch is different.

Some positions lose time, some gain. I have an SMP 300/8800 movement that runs about + 1.5 a day. It gains in my wrist and loses in the 12 up position at night.

57 speedmaster with the manual wind 9906 movement gains on the wrist and loses it at night crown up. I always take the time to track positional variance with a new watch using an app so I can position them at night the way I need to. Usually I do it for two weeks to check for consistency then that’s it. Once I learn it for each watch I know what the resting position should be at night to offset whatever is happening on the wrist. Every watch is different.
Oops! I just noticed how old this thread is. Enjoy your weekend

My 8400 loses time if I store it face up on the nightstand overnight (about 1 sec) but otherwise typically gains a second or two. As Archer said, post data from multiple positions.

Please post timing over 6 positions at full wind...
You can see in the last position, crown=up, the watch loses no seconds in this test. I wear my watch on the left arm, so even if I rest the watch crown=up at night, it doesn't spend enough time during the day to keep from losing time.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Although some of the positions you show this in are not standard positions that are checked, it does appear the average is likely a bit slow - should be ale to get this regulated a bit faster.

Although some of the positions you show this in are not standard positions that are checked, it does appear the average is likely a bit slow - should be ale to get this regulated a bit faster.
I just realized that I never circled back on this. I sent the watch into Swatch Group service. They gave me an estimated six week turnaround, found something in the movement that shouldn’t have been there, removed it, regulated the watch, and got it back to me within two weeks. It gains anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds per day, which is less accurate than my speedy 38, but perfectly acceptable. It winds easier, too, with better action on the crown when I unscrew it. Good result. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. You helped convince me that it was worth sending it in to be looked at, and if I hadn’t, it would still have something foreign in the movement.

I just realized that I never circled back on this. I sent the watch into Swatch Group service. They gave me an estimated six week turnaround, found something in the movement that shouldn’t have been there, removed it, regulated the watch, and got it back to me within two weeks. It gains anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds per day, which is less accurate than my speedy 38, but perfectly acceptable. It winds easier, too, with better action on the crown when I unscrew it. Good result. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. You helped convince me that it was worth sending it in to be looked at, and if I hadn’t, it would still have something foreign in the movement.
Happy they took care of you. Now I can’t help but wonder what they removed. Maybe a chunk of the employee of the months party cake. Or a bad annual job review made someone angry and every watch gets a special surprise of a spare screw thrown in lol.

Happy they took care of you. Now I can’t help but wonder what they removed. Maybe a chunk of the employee of the months party cake. Or a bad annual job review made someone angry and every watch gets a special surprise of a spare screw thrown in lol.
Probably a mystery best left unsolved, but I’ve wondered the same. Whatever it was, it wasn’t visible through the case back but also affected the stem action (harder to screw/unscrew, wind, etc.) as well as the amplitude. ‍♂️

I’m looking for some feedback from those who have PO 8900s/8800s and SMP 8800s and notice their watches losing time over 24 hour periods.
I've had a total of 3 Planet Ocean 8900s: two of them were -0.5 and -1 sec per day and one was +1 sec per day. All were bought new. Because two of these lost time after 24 hours, I'm chalking it up those two having much tighter tolerances than the other one that gained. When I registered these watches on the Omega website and looked at the individual performance results, the two watches that lost time over a 24hr period always had an average that was closer to 0, while the one that gained had an average of 4.6 sec per day in a range of 0-5 seconds.

I'm think the loss might be normal because my first PO 8900 that lost time, I sent it over to Omega for diagnostics and testing. They had it for a week and reported that it was within METAS specs, but on my wrist that was never the case. I've seen numerous other people here and watchuseek.com with METAS movements post about how their watches lose time in a 24 hour period, usually ranging from -2 to -0.5. I find it odd because theoretically a METAS movement should never lose time. But I also know that if the watch spends most of its time in a slow position, that will skew the accuracy.

With my latest PO 8900 purchased only a week ago, I notice it'll lose 1.5 seconds over 15 hours of wrist time. When I set it at night, crown up, it'll gain 0.5 seconds back so the total loss over 24 hours is 1 second. I think crown up is the "fast" position for this particular watch, but the only issue is that it doesn't make up for what it lost fast enough. I'm hopeful this will improve since it's still a new watch, but I've been reading that "settling in" and "break in" periods for mechanical watches are just myths.

My watch with 8900about a year old was losing 5 min a day had to get a full service.

Also not to mention had a failure in the date wheel not changing.

My watch with 8900about a year old was losing 5 min a day had to get a full service.
How does it run now?

How does it run now?
Still waiting for it to get back from service they damaged the case so they have to replace the case back and polish.