What’s The Oldest Watch In Your Collection?

Posts
10,070
Likes
57,380
Here’s mine. A 1950 Omega 2612. A youthful 71 years old and running at +4 seconds per day. Omega, you guys sure know how to make a great watch. 😀
 
Posts
909
Likes
1,724
Now that’s an interesting question!! My oldest watch is an 18k small pocket watch - Omega of course. Original box and the watch dates to the 1910s. Running perfectly 😀
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Mine - not Omega but 1913 Longines. An early wrist watch and very early center second too.
 
Posts
5,026
Likes
18,607
My grandfathers omega which he bought in 1937 in Paris and took with him when he fled nazi germany. But I can not seem to find a picture of the watch. Let me see if I can take a picture of it today...
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
My grandfathers omega which he bought in 1937 in Paris and took with him when he fled nazi germany. But I can not seem to find a picture of the watch. Let me see if I can take a picture of it today...
Wow, that’s a hell of a history for a family watch. Now I really want to see it!
 
Posts
2,242
Likes
29,412
A Benrus Sky Chief from the 40's, some W.W.W issued watches from 45 too, that's pretty it.
 
Posts
10,070
Likes
57,380
My grandfathers omega which he bought in 1937 in Paris and took with him when he fled nazi germany. But I can not seem to find a picture of the watch. Let me see if I can take a picture of it today...
What a history! Would love to see a photo.
 
Posts
2,012
Likes
3,409
This is my oldest - not sure if it’s 30’s or 40’s. Still ticking along well when I fire it up, keeping good time considering it’s age

 
Posts
3,454
Likes
35,234
Tough question. I have pocket watches from the 19th century but my oldest wristwatch? It’s a toss up between my Rolex Sky-Rocket (late 30s? @Canuck may know) and my UG Compur. Both watches are freshly serviced and I wear the Rolex quite often. The UG? Not so much.
 
Posts
620
Likes
4,971
A Benrus Sky Chief from the 40's, some W.W.W issued watches from 45 too, that's pretty it.
Without a picture there’s no evidence you have it😉
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
This 1906 Dueber Hampden, which started out its life as a pocket watch but was re-cased as a wristwatch probably in the early 1920s. Mail-order conversion kits for transforming pocket watches to wristwatches, such as the kit used to transform this piece, were popular in the 1920s. The movement is "The Four Hundred", which is a "lever-set" movement -- i.e., the time is set by first pulling out a small lever then rotating the crown, rather than pulling out the crown and rotating it as with modern movements. The lever can be seen at the 5:00 position.
 
Posts
620
Likes
4,971
Very good question indeed. As I am still in the process of determination it could be this one:

or this one:

or this one:

either way early 1900 probably
 
Posts
10,070
Likes
57,380
Wow, some really spectacular examples so far. Keep ‘em coming folks!
 
Posts
7,088
Likes
56,898
Oldest watch is this Waltham from 1897 in its .925 silver hunter case, obtained from TexOmega.







Oldest wristwatch on hand is this jumbo Omega from 1944.


Edited:
 
Posts
34
Likes
65
My grandfather was a watchmaker and gave this watch to my grandmother as a gift. Not sure of the age, but it is a wonderful keepsake as they have both now passed.
 
Posts
15,946
Likes
47,867
Look for an alpha/numeric code on the outside of the case back. The alpha character gives the decade, and the numeric gives the year. M9 would be 1969.

My grandfather was a watchmaker and gave this watch to my grandmother as a gift. Not sure of the age, but it is a wonderful keepsake as they have both now passed.