Forums Latest Members

What Is Your Priority In Collecting And Your Optimum Number And Mix Of Watch Portfolio?

1. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Nov 6, 2012

Optimum number of watches for me will be 2. One dress watch and one sports watch. But being WIS, that will be too boring. And I do not think I can stick to that plan.:p
    No rules for me. Want to get one watch from every single brand, not going to happen cause I cannot afford a Patek. Want to focus on just one or two brands, not going to happen as there are just too many nice brands out there. And each brand has their own distintive characteristic. If I choose one brand, I will only think about others.

Ok, maybe just 1 rule. Although I hope they preserve their values or at least do not lose too much of their value, I constantly remind myself not to see them only as investments. They are after all objects of pleasure for the majority of us here.:D

2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 6, 2012

I just started collecting earlier this year. Purchased what I thought were nice watches and ones I liked. I am now selling 8 watches on eBay.

I am going to keep it to 12 watches max, and after I sell, I will have 11, and I am looking to purchase a Omega 300m Vintage and then lay low for a while.

Favorites include: Speedy Pro, SS JLC, and Memovox JLC

I may go after a seconds sub dial. (as I write this out, clearly I won't be able to lay low on the watch purchasing).

3. Kommis Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 6, 2012

I have a few vintage and some new watches.
    This is my only Hublot.
    [​IMG]

4. alam Nov 6, 2012

Nice dial - not sure if I understand the reason for numbers 10 and 11 chopped.. is this a 42mm?