Forums Latest Members
  1. RLC Apr 12, 2015

Fritz....

>>>>Made like a Gun, now that brings back some memories. I'll have to look for some old photo's now.:cool:

Bob

DSC07657.jpg
    Edited Apr 12, 2015
    Fritz likes this.
  2. lillatroll Apr 13, 2015

Do you have a Leica watch too? apparently they brought one out for the 100 anniversary of lecia.

3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 13, 2015

Mine was made in India but the damn thing was made like a gun. I replaced the Enfield with a new Kawasaki Ninja which wore out in no time, I rode the old Enfield while I waited for Kawasaki parts. When I sold the Royal Oilfield after 17 years it was still starting first kick and running like new with 76,000km on the clock .... never did see the inside of that motor. Some days I felt like I lived inside that stupid Kawasaki's motor..... worst bike I ever owned...... and I've had a Russian bike so that's saying something!

4. PatrickJ Apr 13, 2015

Being from the UK I have never seen so many guns as on this forum. Nice 1943 riffle, very well aged.

noelekal and bronxbomber252 like this.
  5. RLC Apr 13, 2015

Fritz,
    1965 750 Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    Bought it new while stationed at MCAS El Toro California.
    Brought it back to NY rode it 'til 1990....sold it in '92....... Bad Move.::screwloose::

Bob

Royal Enfield.jpeg Royal Enfield 2.jpeg
    blubarb, micampe, tamura and 5 others like this.
  6. Geo! Apr 13, 2015

No, not so far! ;)

7. philo Apr 26, 2015

Very nice! So many phenomenal pieces there :thumbsup: Is it a Ia or a Ib in the middle shelf, second cam' from the right?

The oldest one I have been able to acquire is a 1930 Ic without standardized film-plane distance.

The 1962 M3 with Summaron 35 - centered in the picture - was the one that started my interest.
    [​IMG]

My favorite at the moment is the 1934 Standard with FODUA rangefinder, all original paint. It has just the right amount of wear for my taste:
    [​IMG]

timeismoney, micampe, Geo! and 2 others like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 26, 2015

Holy crap!

9. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 26, 2015

I'm completely certain this will sound kinky (I promise it's not)...
    I'm into leather.
    In the early 90's I discovered a product line manufactured in San Francisco, California (USA) by Holland Sport. They offered sporting (fishing/shooting) bags and gear, travel bags, and accessories. Their products were offered in all-leather, and leather/canvas combos.
    Here's a picture of my favorite piece: the all-leather valet, a bad-ass garment bag made from their Latigo (saddle leather) in red (cordovan color).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I borrowed my pics from a post on another forum about your watch and your travel bag, hence the timepiece.
    A porter at the San Francisco hotel Westin St. Francis (on Union Square) was shocked it was a locally produced, guessing it was Italian and remarking it was the most beautiful bag he had ever seen. And I imagine he had seen quite a few high-end bags at that hotel!
    I have this and many other pieces, mostly travel bags that never see check-in.
    And, for those who recognize my avatar (to switch "gears" ha ha), here's the rest of it:
    [​IMG]
    A 1955 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, stock down to the 265cu.in. V-8 and two -speed automatic transmission. Not part of a collection so much as a one-example passion. My Sunday driver, I'll be stretching her later today.

timeismoney, bristnj, Hijak and 7 others like this.
  10. Geo! Apr 26, 2015

It's a 1a from 1929.

My rarest piece is the remote winder/shutter release attachment OOFRC from 1936. It's fitted to the black Leica 11 on the bottom shelf.

That is a really nice set of Leicas you have too. :)

Edited Apr 26, 2015
    philo likes this.
  11. philo Apr 26, 2015

I had to look twice on that one.:) I first thought it's some sort of "reporter".
    There are quite some pieces in your collection I had never seen/noticed before. It's time for me to read Rogliatti's Leica book again.

@ Time Exposure, that is a sweet ride!

Geo! likes this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 4, 2015

Collect , amassed is more the word

This is just one fishing trip
    image.jpg

BadAndy and Matty01 like this.
  13. lillatroll May 4, 2015

Wow that is a lot of stuff one one fishing trip. Does it mean you catch lots more fish or you lose a lot of hooks? I bought some King Fish yesterday, it looked and tastes a bit like chicken, it was nice though.

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 4, 2015

Catch a lot of fish, few types of fishing so gotta be prepared.

Caught many of King Fish when living in Sydney years ago, you don't want to over cook it, nice with Dukkah

Matty01 likes this.
  15. lillatroll May 4, 2015

never heard of dukkah going to look it up and give it a try. :)

16. aesguerra May 4, 2015

Flight hours! As many as I can get! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The wife and I passing the crowd at a recent fly-in at Columbia, CA. Photo by Mark E. Loper.

Alex

D YOUNG, blubarb, Mad Dog and 7 others like this.
  17. RLC May 15, 2015

18. lillatroll May 15, 2015

Do you collect plains as in aeroplanes or as in woodworking planes? I would like to own an old porsche one day but I think that will be over my wifes dead body, she thinks clocks, as she calls them are silly and cars are for stupids.::confused2::

19. Canuck May 15, 2015

There IS a solution for your wife's attitude, but I'm sure you would miss her!

lillatroll likes this.
  20. micampe May 15, 2015

@philo, @Geo! many years ago I used to get really pissed at Leica collectors for driving prices through the roof when I badly wanted a simple M3 with a 35 and I couldn't afford it. I ended up getting a CL and I still love it (and I use it, it's not in a display case! ;)).

059.jpg

Alpha likes this.