Forums Latest Members
  1. Canuck Feb 7, 2016

2. Canuck Feb 7, 2016

I spied a Rolls razor under your cabinet. I don't collect razors, but I am proud to say I DO have a Rolls (razor, that is!) The only time mine has ever been used was the ONE time I decided to try it. Terrible shave!

noelekal likes this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Feb 7, 2016

Hi Canuck;

Requires honing. The hone that is part of the Rolls razor's kit is not up to the task. Perhaps it would work if the blade was well-maintained. I've tried the Rolls and it acts like it wants to shave. Something acts like it wants to shave is pretty miserable for actual shaving. I got a terrible shave too.

I'm going to address the thing again sometime but better sharpen the blade by some other means.

4. bdatki Feb 7, 2016

I am interested in vintage bicycles, have had a number pass through my hands, though nothing particularly rare. I especially like vintage Treks from the early 80s.

Also am interested in banjos; I have a circa 1915 five stringer and a couple more modern ones.

5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 7, 2016

Love the vintage Gillettes ! I have a few ( what I tell my wife! Wink) . I personally used a bulldog open comb for about a year , then a 2011 R41 match on a bob's razor works bullmastiff deluxe xl tu tone handle. And more software and brushes that I don't know what to do with!

I also used to collect phonographs , still have a few ....
    Good hunting
    Bill

noelekal likes this.
  6. airbag Feb 8, 2016

Speedmasters are on the horizon for a new hobby ;-)
    The other is classic motorcycles... (heres a similar model to the one Im restoring).. will be same quality once finished.

triumph-bonneville-650.jpg
    Mad Dog, Geo! and lillatroll like this.
  7. LemansBoiler Feb 11, 2016

Don't have the funds to start a collection just yet but here's the start of...(fingers crossed my wife will allow me to continue)...sports cars.

image.jpg

image.jpg