Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2016

Damn, nice! How early does your collection go? Scary thing is after looking through some of the cards I was playing with last night, they're actually worth more than the Rolex sitting on them now.

2. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 15, 2016

I started playing in 1998 and stopped in 2007, I have cards from Alpha/Beta to 9th core edition.

image.jpeg

With some spoilers among and a BB Black Lotus ::psy::

mappleluna likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2016

Damn... never landed a lotus, 4 Mox Jets and some Juzam Djinns among others and a lot of Unlimited and Arabian Nights through to Tempest. That's so cool to see non-English Legends cards especially in that condition.

Actually, I think I do have a BlackER Lotus from Unglued but you have to tear it into pieces to use it, so I've never quite been brave enough...

4. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 15, 2016

4 Mox Jet are already something !! :thumbsup:

Yeah, unlike US, foreign language cards have a lower value in Europe - I used to source Legends from Italy as my budget didn't allow english that time.

Hahah unglued and unhinged - I've only kept the textless lands ::love::

All of my cards a in exc to mint condition, I've worked hard to find them that time - am really happy now, indeed ::shy::

5. ConElPueblo Jan 15, 2016

I have a rather large (or so I though until I saw the last few posts) collection too, I guess. Started playing in 1995 (or was it 1994?), stopped again in... I don't know, 2002? Wonder if I have something that's worth anything. Probably not! Certainly not any Moxes or Arabian Nights Uncommons hiding away :p

LOVED the unglued series!!

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2016

Unglued was awesome, especially when everyone was pissed of an evening at the university club, Ashnod's Coupon for beers, Knight of the Hokey Pokey, making a bloke get up on the table flapping his arms and clucking like a chook to give his Mesa Chicken flying :D

If you started in 94 or even 95 chances are you've got at least a few very special cards, even a lot of the Tempest era cards are worth a bit now. Kind of surreal actually holding some cards I used to play on the concrete playground floor at school with when I was an 8 year old kid knowing what they're now worth.

7. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 15, 2016

A playset of Wasteland (unco) in good condition is fetching 300 USD nowadays :confused:

8. adrienbelanger Jan 15, 2016

Besides watches, I also collect art (I work as an art advisor), antiques, vinyl records and books...way too many books!

image.jpeg

...and apparently also animals!

image.jpeg

Joe1010, adam78, hugo and 6 others like this.
  9. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 15, 2016

Can't have too many books.

Joe1010 and mozartman like this.
  10. fbd223 Jan 15, 2016

That is a just a few books

11. aap Jan 18, 2016

A sneak (pun intended) peak of my Y3 with my Heuer Bund [​IMG]

redpcar likes this.
  12. speedy57 Jan 18, 2016

The non watch part of my collecting illness revolves around antique firearms. Rare, unique, preferably high condition Winchesters, flintlocks, Colts and various derringer manufacture all from the 1800's. image.jpeg

Geo!, Tex and noelekal like this.
  13. kpaxsg Jan 19, 2016

Michelin figure, also known as Bibendum statue as well as advertising figures.....

14. 250scr Jan 22, 2016

Kinda collect bikes image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Cal_321 and Geo! like this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

Half the population doesn't know what you guys are talking about because they're too old and the other half don't know because they're too young.

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 22, 2016

Too old :whistling:. The only thing I done at school was chase skirt ;)
    Last year at school the Microbee was getting installed for next year

image.jpeg

17. ConElPueblo Jan 23, 2016

The Tempest era was my golden days of playing MtG. Moggs all over the place, decks with previously unimaginable colour combinations and all sorts of different strategies - it was great.

One of the older guys in our group used to talk about how he started playing just after Revised was released. He had the option of buying loads of Unlimited crates, but all the experienced guys said that it was better getting the newest edition. ::facepalm2::

...Just as they advised him to buy a lot of the new-fangled Antiquities set, instead of the so-last-year Arabian Nights ::facepalm2::::facepalm2::

18. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jan 23, 2016

adam78, mozartman and noelekal like this.
  19. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 23, 2016

Yea ahartfie!

Love music. Love CDs and even still love vinyl. We have an extensive collection.

Tried to have a nosy about your shelves to see what your musical tastes are but between my screen and my poor reading glasses, can't determine much more than a taste for classic rock.

I love classic rock and classical. Right here in the big middle of Texas and I can't stand country western. Never could. How weird is that?

ahartfie likes this.
  20. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jan 25, 2016

You're in luck. I just posted my music list file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyj4rs8x9cu47r6/AdamCD.html

I hope that works. Beware, it's an 8 MB HTML file.

I actually don't have much classic rock! But you'll see that when you look at the file.

noelekal likes this.