Forums Latest Members
  1. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Jan 25, 2016

Vinyl LPs - classical, classic rock and jazz, mostly.
    Amy 2012-2013 034.jpg

adam78 and ahartfie like this.
  2. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jan 25, 2016

One of my friends bought this for me at auction a few weeks ago for $10, knowing I love the Ring. I haven't had much chance to listen yet past the Ride. image.jpeg

mozartman likes this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 25, 2016

You've got a lot of music ahartfie. Even more than we have here. There's some overlap between your content and ours.

Now, how do we find the time to listen to it all?

ahartfie likes this.
  4. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jan 26, 2016

I have a pretty sweet setup at work, where I listen to music all day to drown out my neighbors and let me concentrate. I'm a technical writer so concentrating is good. My Christmas present to myself was a new set of Grados. They go into a Schiit Magni 2 headphone amp, which is driven by a Schiit Modi DAC going into my Marantz 2225 vintage receiver.

IMG_0381.JPG
    noelekal, STANDY and mozartman like this.
  5. jimdgreat1 Jan 28, 2016

Retro black rifles (60s and 70s era ar-15s)
    Ruger firearms.
    Hangovers
    Sold most of the motorcycles.

noelekal likes this.
  6. alford78 Jan 28, 2016

[​IMG]That's 10 21" subs with Lab Grupen FP10k amps 1 QSC 2408 for the other two 21"s, 2 QSC 3602 amps for the Left Right and Center, Sony VW1000es upgraded, Stewart 130 micro perf screen 13' wide approx 8' tall. That's my true home theater built from ground up and designed by Dennis Erskine. All 4K UHD. Autographed sports and rare memorabilia, rookie sports cards, custom hand made knives, watches of course, shoes, belts and custom buckles (not western), fishing tackle and gear, paintings, super high end audio/video equipment, kyosho dnano rc cars and track. Rc helis, planes, and land vehicles.

Then there is the bar room for Sunday football and March madness. Excuse the incomplete photos as it was a long project between the theater and bar and full bathroom. It's still not 100% complete but very useful lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I collect too much honestly. Having a loving wife to put up with it that's for sure.

Edited Jan 28, 2016
    1685, Joe1010 and ahartfie like this.
  7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 28, 2016

Colt SP-1 from 1973
    [​IMG]

I enjoy the U.S. small arms from World War II and earlier best but have one example of a "retro black rifle" to go with the earlier stuff.

"I collect too much honestly."

I do too and also have a wonderful wife who cannot comprehend collecting anything but puts up with me anyway.

I don't remember mentioning double-edge razors earlier in this thread but have collected most of the 20th century Gillette models beginning with Gillette's first model, an uncommonly found 1904 Gillette "Double Ring."
    [​IMG]

My favorite daily shaver is the pre-war Gillette Aristocrat (gold, open-comb model on right). Makes one feel like Gary Cooper, Humphrey Bogart, or Clark Gable to shave with it.
    [​IMG]
    Two other scarce models shown here are the gold 1940 Regent Tech (center), the production of which lasted only a year before wartime requirements caused it to be discontinued, and the rhodium 1949 Executive (left), the only completely rhodium-plated American Gillette model which was only sold in the Christmas season of 1949.

ahartfie likes this.
  8. lillatroll Jan 29, 2016

Nice collection of razors you have there. A few years ago I bought a Merkur single blade razor, best shave I have ever had. I also have a king Gillette razor blade some where. It is indigo blue and has a picture of a dashing looking chap on it.

9. Joe1010 Jan 29, 2016

Nice collection - I also collect guitars - I play them all, so its not as if I really collecting, more just purchasing what I want/need (always need...) I don't have any real vintage stuff. I have been playing for 25 years, so I have some older guitars that have been with me for a long time. I am currently at 27 stringed instruments - I'll post a picture once I have them all out (we moved recently and I am still building my music room).

I also have an epiphone 175 - one of my favorites. That is such an underrated guitar.

ahartfie and Garv like this.
  10. Joe1010 Jan 29, 2016

wow - these are stunning - I would love to get more information on the sunburst one. Is that hollow or semi-hollow? I love the body design. I good friend of mine is a woodworker and has built 2 guitars for me - to be honest, we are learning luthiery as we go. Both have turned our really nice (one hollow one semi-hollow, basically a 335) - but we have been trying to come up with new body designs that are functionally relevant. That sunburst looks really comfortable and I imagine the shape changes the acoustic properties a bit. Very cool guitars - could you PM me specifics on that one?

11. Joe1010 Jan 29, 2016

I have a very similar strat, same era, same factory. I have swapped pickups and the pickguard, but have the originals. It is road worn though. Definitely not a collector - but an excellent guitar that plays and sounds great.

12. ConElPueblo Jan 29, 2016

Lately, I've been collecting bills from the Danish tax authorities :(

They have taken an, to me, unhealthy interest in small parcels mailed to the ConElPueblo residence, costing me roughly $2K on top of purchase price for my latest two watches ::censored::

Well, at least some of the money goes to pay my wages - a small comfort...

13. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Jan 29, 2016

For grins, I bought a Fender Start body and neck and built this one. It was a fun project Strat.jpg

Joe1010 likes this.
  14. Drawarms Jan 29, 2016

Vintage Guitars!
    Retro Video Games!

If anyone has any, I'm trying to complete the whole N64 collection LOL

IMG_5404.JPG IMG_5402.JPG IMG_5403.JPG IMG_5406.JPG IMG_5407.JPG
    werdna77, ahartfie and alford78 like this.
  15. Joe1010 Feb 1, 2016

that is really cool. I have always enjoyed modding guitars and building them has been a lot of fun. Strats are amazing in that regard. you can gets so many different sounds out of a strat by changing various parts of the guitar or electronics.

16. Civilguy007 Feb 1, 2016

Some very nice "What Else?" collections. Through the years, I have accumulated many things that, prior to this thread, I would have considered "collections". But my bicycles and baseball cards can't compete with what I have seen here.

However, I do have some plastic guns and rifles...that go with my GI Joe Action Figures (not dolls). None of my originals made it out of childhood. These are all later issues that I picked up hoping to interest my young son (It didn't work. He was too obsessed with Star Wars).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I look at it now, I'm very disappointed with the Mercury Astronaut...

[​IMG]

No Speedmaster!

mozartman likes this.
  17. Civilguy007 Feb 1, 2016

Another collection of mine that I haven't seen here yet, leather jackets (and hats)...

[​IMG]

I have others, but these are my top three.

TexOmega and lillatroll like this.
  18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 7, 2016

@ConElPueblo @kov

This discussion actually got me looking at my old cards more, and considering buying some new ones.

I've already told @Trev I'm going to teach him how to play, they now make these "clash deck" sets that come as a pack of two and are designed to be extremely balanced with each other and make for really fun / advantage swinging play then the two interact so might give them a go.

Also watches a few episodes of the Spellslingers youtube channel where they play these decks, just looks like awesome fun.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magic-th...811141?hash=item5b02f7b145:g:kYsAAOSwI~VTzhzOPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

19. guelerct Feb 7, 2016

Isn't that DeLaSoul from their 3 feet high and rising album?

20. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Feb 7, 2016

I have an original 1964 and a 1965. Alas, most of the accessories are pretty beat up, not much left of the frog man, paratrooper, etc., but I do have a complete West Point cadet uniform in pretty good shape. Double alas, I also had the Navy fighter jet (I remember the happy day it arrived when I was 6) but didn't save it because it was so large. Of course, that's why it's valuable today -- nobody saved it because it was too large!