Vintage omega to buy or not to buy?

IMG_8417.png IMG_8414.png Hi all I’m NEW here! Came across this forum page from a YouTube comment whilst looking for a vintage omega watch to start off my vintage collection. I currently own Rolex’s but to me they’re just meh now and I’m considering to just get rid and dive deeply into the vintage world as it suits me as a person better.

I have come across a watch that keeps catching my attention on eBay & I was wondering if anyone here could give me the green or red light for my first potential purchase.

1) So I already adore this watch & I know if you love a timepiece then that’s the reason you should buy it however.. I wanted to know if it would be a watch that’s worth collecting?.. is it a collectible?

2) If anyone knows any more information in regards to this watch? It’s currently listed as a 9ct solid gold watch with an Aftermarket leather strap which is totally fine for me & It doesn’t come with box or papers and it’s dated 1957.

3) Lastly what should I expect to pay for this vintage timepiece? I’m in the UK so would be in £’s

Appreciate any response

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15587084...ymylmgot56&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Hi & welcome
It s a 9kt Dennison-case A.L.D. Aaron Lufkin Dennison, serial number dates to 1958, probably sold later. dial original but -as you can see- not perfect.

Value: look and compare at

chrono24.de

a nice watch 👍

edit: I am not sure about the crown....let s wait

Hi & welcome
It s a 9kt Dennison-case A.L.D. Aaron Lufkin Dennison, serial number dates to 1958, probably sold later. dial original but -as you can see- not perfect.

chrono24.de

a nice watch 👍

Hi & welcome

chrono24.de

a nice watch 👍

Thanks for specifying the model I would never have known otherwise. I think I may take a gamble on this watch, I have seen a similar watch in stainless steel going for £595 or £695.

the crown I hope is original, am I to believe it should also be 9ct gold?

Do you know how big/ small it will be on your wrist?
From what I see, you should wait for a 35mm case or larger, powered by a 30mm movement.

Crown may be marked an omega, but not original. Wrong colour

also. Outside of commonwealth counties. 9kt is not considered gold. 10kt is the minimum

as mentioned. Get a diameter of the case to avoid getting something to small

Do you know how big/ small it will be on your wrist?
From what I see, you should wait for a 35mm case or larger, powered by a 30mm movement.
I believe it will come up smaller on my wrist, I’m used to 40/42mm so this would for sure be too small for my wrist. Thank you sir

Crown may be marked an omega, but not original. Wrong colour

also. Outside of commonwealth counties. 9kt is not considered gold. 10kt is the minimum

as mentioned. Get a diameter of the case to avoid getting something to small
Now that’s something I would never had known in regards to the gold kt. That has a huge impact on the purchase and I now will not be purchasing the watch posted in the thread. Thanks for pointing out the crown too, very sharp eye. Much appreciated gang thanks for saving me from purchasing this vintage watch which isn’t well suited for me.

Watch the "Recommended vintage Omega watches on Ebay" thread at the top of the Vintage forum every day, you will see a number of different references in reasonable condition and know what to look for. Many new members happily purchase their first vintage watches from these listings.
Welcome to OF, good luck and stick around!

Watch the "Recommended vintage Omega watches on Ebay" thread at the top of the Vintage forum every day, you will see a number of different references in reasonable condition and know what to look for. Many new members happily purchase their first vintage watches from these listings.
Welcome to OF, good luck and stick around!
Thanks for the heads up bro! Will for sure keep a look out on the vintage eBay thread