Vintage 1116 Speedmaster bracelet resizing question?

Hello fellas.

Picked up this NOS 1116 bracelet, period correct for my transitional Speedmaster.
It is essentially untouched, but I have a question about resizing the bracelet. The pins are not flush with the links and it feels like there’s some kind of spring action. Does anyone know if they are drive-through or are there two springs, which need to be pushed either side? (to remove a link)

Additionally, one of the permanent links is frozen up inside and has difficulty articulating.
Does anyone have experience or know how to relieve some of the pressure to create more fluidity within the links?
Maybe loosen the crimp?

Thanks
Edited:

I believe the pins are similar to the 1098 bracelet and they are not drive through pins. If it is, they are mini spring pins. A quick google search on resizing 1098 or 1116 bracelet should get you a good video for this adjustment. Easiest way I have done it on my 1098 is to push from one side and rotate the link out of the way for the pin to then be accessible.

I added a link to my 1116. they are spingbars and they can get stuck. try US cleaning to remove dirt. They are finicky but I was able to add a link. In retrospect the extra link was 1098 which is very similar but you can see the link I added is maybe a mm or 2 larger- but it worked.

Yes, springbars... I was resizing one 1116 close to new recently and it was a real pain, as there is close to zero play or stretch...took me like 2 hrs to remove one link from each side and put i all together then. Good luck and a lot of patience needed.

Perhaps of little interest to most, but to @gearjockey , @OneTwo and @Knudsen1971 I decided I had added the extra link to my 1116 in wrong location and though I would try to move it to the other side where it would follow normal taper on bracelet. A little birdie warned “ you may regret this” but I forged on anyways. Got it out ok but when trying to relocate the little springbar on other side was bent and only functional on one side and I could not get it back in. And further when I removed the clasp attaching springbar it also broke. So I felt stupid. But then I found replacement little springbar for link as well as one for clasp and all was well. So a bit of cautionary tale but if you fiddle with these and have no success the old springbars may need replacement.
Photos show nice taper and symmetric both sides for better fit. Cheers. Sid

Perhaps of little interest to most, but to @gearjockey , @OneTwo and @Knudsen1971 I decided I had added the extra link to my 1116 in wrong location and though I would try to move it to the other side where it would follow normal taper on bracelet. A little birdie warned “ you may regret this” but I forged on anyways. Got it out ok but when trying to relocate the little springbar on other side was bent and only functional on one side and I could not get it back in. And further when I removed the clasp attaching springbar it also broke. So I felt stupid. But then I found replacement little springbar for link as well as one for clasp and all was well. So a bit of cautionary tale but if you fiddle with these and have no success the old springbars may need replacement.
Photos show nice taper and symmetric both sides for better fit. Cheers. Sid

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the heads up!
But then I found replacement little springbar for link
Did you find an Omega specific part? If so, could you share the part number?

Thanks for the heads up!

Did you find an Omega specific part? If so, could you share the part number?
No I just looked in my assorted springbar bin and found something that worked. lucky

I bought some generic 9 or 10mil springbars on ebay. I just had to mill down the tips if I remember well.
I can make some pics and measurements of the original+generic ones, if somebody needs that.

Sorry to keep belaboring this issue, I can’t find a YT video addressing this . I have time because I’m waiting for the end links to come in from omega but I’d rather learn how to remove links myself than bring into my watchmaker. Is this how you guys disassemble/remove links? Can’t seem to get them to pop out. Wondering if my springbar tool-ends are long enough to compress springbar pins?
@Knudsen1971 would you mind sharing pics of what springbars look like inside the bracelet?

Thanks

Sorry to keep belaboring this issue, I can’t find a YT video addressing this . I have time because I’m waiting for the end links to come in from omega but I’d rather learn how to remove links myself than bring into my watchmaker. Is this how you guys disassemble/remove links? Can’t seem to get them to pop out. Wondering if my springbar tool-ends are long enough to compress springbar pins?
@Knudsen1971 would you mind sharing pics of what springbars look like inside the bracelet?

Thanks
Your springbar tool has a step up that limits how far in it goes. You need a tool without the step up you can try a paper clip too. Once you feel it go in all way then back off just tiny bit and try to twist one side you are working on a bit. Hard to describe I can send some photos later which will help

Here is a bracelet tool no step up what I used. Paper clip also an option
Photos of omega springbar (shorter one) and also generic springbar I used successfully.
the omega springbar was frozen in one end so could not get it back in. The generic springbar worked well. hope this helps.

Here is a bracelet tool no step up what I used. Paper clip also an option
Photos of omega springbar (shorter one) and also generic springbar I used successfully.
the omega springbar was frozen in one end so could not get it back in. The generic springbar worked well. hope this helps.

Thanks!
Very helpful.