Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 27, 2021

2. yvrclimber May 27, 2021

I got my 1st round of Moderna on April 8, expecting my second within the month. It took awhile for Canada to get on pace with some other Western nations (UK, US, etc.). But we are headed in the right direction now.

3. sxl2004 May 27, 2021

@Walrus COVID vaccines do not prevent infection, but prevent severe disease.
    They might reduce the spread of the virus if infected.
    Good luck.

SurvivingJoe, LesXL and Archer like this.
  4. Walrus May 27, 2021

Well I’m pretty sure in many cases they do completely prevent infection. To the point where you can not get it nor transmit it but I’m not trying to debate effectiveness etc as none of these are 100%. You are correct though I think with JandJ which has a lower rate of prevention it has a high rate of making the infection much less potent. At this moment in time this guy is asymptomatic. We can also have detectable amounts in our nasal cavity and not be “infected” which makes you wonder about all these nasal swab tests. I now know hundreds who are vaccinated and tbh this is only the second or third time I’ve had this happen. Without getting to deep into it I am in the medical field not a doctor or nurse but my job puts me in contact with many of them, usually hospitals and rehabs at least 3-4 times a week so I would think I’d be more likely to observe these rare events to the point where they may appear “common”. It just really throws a wrench in the works and I need to report incidents such as this to so many people it really takes the whole day to do just that. I’m am not trained much in the physical aspects of health but I sat through so many covid zoom trainings (and teams) I got some knowledge. I’m like 99.99% I will live. Actually protocol is since I am vaccinated I don’t need to do anything “unless I get symptoms” so weird though our unit was one of the few that did not get touched by covid through the whole thing and now, when everyone is vaccinated we get our first case. Kinda like getting shot after the ceasefire. I’m sure everything will be fine it just creates a bit of panic and confusion. We do surveillance testing which is how this was found. Thus far it’s only one. I got the Moderna when they were doing the “first responders and all that” had two tests post vax after I had confirmed contact with positive cases, both were negative. I have a feeling they will spring a test on me tomorrow.

sxl2004 likes this.
  5. LesXL May 27, 2021

Indeed, therefore wearing masks, distancing and hands washing are still mandatory here in Belgium despite population reaching 50% of first shot and 20% of second shot.
    I understand people want their "freedom" back, and in some countries, are told if they had been vaccinated they can remove their masks. All good but I've been wearing it for 15 months now, So keeping it for one or two or three additional months won't kill/bother me, if it could help the bigger cause, even if fully vaccinated... Which will be the case in 6 hours :)

6. Walrus May 27, 2021

Below is from the CDC. The purpose is to prevent infection but yes it will also lessen the effects if you do get it.
    Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.

COVID-19 vaccination is an important toolto bring you closer to enjoying the activities you have missed. Learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated.

timecube, LesXL and 8100_RPM like this.
  7. LesXL May 28, 2021

Second Pfizer shot done, need to wait 15 minutes now in the waiting room... The whole process lasted 25 mins!
    PXL_20210528_140809257.jpg

30t1, jsducote, pdxleaf and 6 others like this.
  8. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 28, 2021

Green leather looks spot on.

LesXL likes this.
  9. Andsan May 28, 2021

10. gbesq May 28, 2021

Just returned from air travel a few days ago and got another nasal swab test last night - my 5th or 6th test since the pandemic started. I'm fully vaccinated (Moderna), but I continue to get tested after I travel as a courtesy to those around me who, for whatever reason, are not vaccinated. None of my tests have come back positive, but since it appears that one can still test positive even after being fully vaccinated, I would self-quarantine for the benefit of others if I tested positive.

11. LesXL May 29, 2021

I'm happy to report that 28 hours after my second shot, no aftermath! So, 2 shots and no after symptoms.
    Get vaccinated, people!

Stewart A, Walrus, 8100_RPM and 2 others like this.
  12. jaguar11 May 29, 2021

Second Astra shot done!!!!

jsducote, Stewart A, 8100_RPM and 3 others like this.
  13. Stripey May 29, 2021

Quite honestly, if people would keep wearing the damned masks from now on and spare me the annual round of antibiotics for painful secondary ear infections, and no doubt other people from much, much worse, I’d be grateful. And open some windows on the bus in winter instead of sitting in a fetid germ ridden swamp.

jsducote and LesXL like this.
  14. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 29, 2021

The love of my life who has had her first vaccination was tested today as she is due to undergo surgery next Tuesday.
    Fingers and everything else crossed

Nathan1967, Stewart A, Walrus and 8 others like this.
  15. gbesq May 29, 2021

Hope everything goes well. I’m sure that it will. I had two procedures in the past year and both required a Covid test as a prerequisite. It all turned out well.

LesXL, Stewart A, Alpha and 1 other person like this.
  16. GordonL May 30, 2021

That's me just had my 2nd Oxford AZ jab here in Edinburgh, about 10 weeks after the first. Very organised and efficient.

jsducote, LesXL, Stewart A and 4 others like this.
  17. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 30, 2021

Our thanks, mail received this morning with the all clear :thumbsup:

18. WhiteThorn May 30, 2021

I’ve been done! :)

Oxford, I threw up big time about 5 minutes after the jab and had to be observed for thirty minutes by the doc. Apparently a 1:1000 reaction...

19. Walrus Jun 5, 2021

Ok a little update though excuse the light details. On 5/25 someone I work with who was well past a month from receiving the JandJ vaccine tested positive for covid. Big uproar yadda yadda yadda I of course was about three feet from the dude several times prior to him testing positive. Anyway quarantine came and went. Symptom free entire time, I didn’t get tested as protocol is act is if nothing happened (if ur vaccinated) unless you get symptoms although I did avoid sick people and stayed away from long term care places just to be safe. Everyone fine, no additional positive tests all seems well.

the only downside is I asked my wife to send a couple people here some watches if it was like the double death super variant and I died a slow miserable death but it looks like I made it though so no watches being sent out.

GordonL, pdxleaf and LesXL like this.
  20. Shabbaz Jun 5, 2021

I've got the Janssen vaccine and I just confirmed my holiday... ::psy::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.