Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanallard Jun 5, 2021

Got my first dose a couple of weeks ago, anticipate the second in about 2 months and also just booked a trip to New York in October!

jsducote, LesXL, Shabbaz and 2 others like this.
  2. Just Livin Jun 5, 2021

2nd done.....apparently I can travel to France.....wait...Nah

3. SteveHH Jun 5, 2021

Jabbed twice, over and done with. Quite worthwhile..

30t1, jsducote and LesXL like this.
  4. Professor Jun 5, 2021

The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines work by attacking the S Protein that composes the Corona spikes that penetrate cell walls.
    Months ago a mutation was discovered in the infected cells that resulted in long thin lance like projections covered with Covid viruses which made the disease far more infectious to surrounding cells.
    Perhaps such mutations are the reason some vaccinated people still develop the disease. Even a very few of the mutated infected cells might continue to infect surrounding cells even if the viruses S protein is blocked. Viral load would probably remain very low but still cause problems.

Commisar likes this.
  5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 5, 2021

I got my first Astra Zeneca jab 3 weeks ago, together with 9 office colleagues.

I have no side effect symptom, but 5 of my colleagues had rather severe such effect : 2-3 days fever, nausea, headache etc.
    An article mentioned that younger people with stronger antibody usually showed more severe side effec with Astra Zeneca jab.

Commisar and jsducote like this.
  6. Professor Jun 6, 2021

Seems like the percentage and severity of side effects after vaccination were a bit underplayed.
    While I'd agree that this is a matter of acceptable risks its pretty obvious that the powers that be felt no compunction about lying to the public in what they felt was a good cause.
    I'm still a bit PO'ed about Fauci and others flatly stating that masks would have no beneficial effect. Their stated excuse was that common folk would otherwise buy up so many masks that medical personnel and first responders would have insufficient PPE.
    Now they want everyone to continue to wear masks in public though fully vaxxed persons like myself are exempt most places.
    I had two R95 high quality industrial masks I'd bought long ago for work around the house and cleaning up litter boxes.
    The R95 stops everything an N95 can and more since its designed to filter out odors and oil based fumes as well as dust.
    I'm fairly certain that if I had not had these masks handy to wear whenever I went out, and switched out wearing one while disinfecting with H2O2 and drying the other, I'd have become infected early on and never survived long enough to get the vaccine. Aprox 1/3 of the county population became infected, though there have been relatively few deaths.

30t1 likes this.
  7. khanmu Jun 7, 2021

Had my second AZ jab on Saturday, no side effects bar a slight swelling at the injection point. Bit of a headache Sunday morning but pretty sure that was Malbec induced …

8. 30t1 Jun 8, 2021

Second chip, ready let’s see how it goes. My wife got it two weeks ago, didn’t even feel it.

E570B071-A825-469D-AD0D-72176AEBAD4E.jpeg
    LesXL, jsducote and 8100_RPM like this.
  9. Walrus Jun 8, 2021

A little odd info. My wife was talking to her mother Saturday. She did (her mother) go with my wife’s sister to get vaccinated but her mother was turned away. Seventy and over are not allowed to get the vaccine due to (shortages) they are in the Anhui Provence. Not clear if that law is just in their Provence or the entire country. I guess you don’t ask too many questions in China it’s better to say “ok” and go home, this is according to them. Don’t know much about the Chinese vaccine. it’s understandable a country with the population of China and India would have difficulty with supply with such a massive population but why make the cut off the elderly? Seems a bit backwards but this whole pandemic thing has provided a few head scratchers.

30t1 likes this.
  10. pdxleaf ... Jun 8, 2021

Especially wierd with a culture that respects elderly and ancestors. Perhaps the government thinks it is making a "practical" decision. I prefer the decision to protect the most vulnerable first. Horrible for anyone to have to make these sort of decisions.

Commisar and Walrus like this.
  11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 9, 2021

But..........can you receive 5G signal with your second chip? :p

30t1 likes this.
  12. sxl2004 Jun 9, 2021

My teen daughter just got her second shot.
    She is so happy that her life is opening up again.

p4ul, 3nicewatches, jsducote and 4 others like this.
  13. 30t1 Jun 10, 2021

36hr update second shot, a bit of swelling no real pain. But I do feel a bit off, the horn is coming out nicely upload_2021-6-9_22-7-33.png

8100_RPM, sxl2004 and LesXL like this.
  14. Taximoney11 Jun 12, 2021

No! For now... but not never :)

15. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jun 12, 2021

Recently had my 2nd Pfizer, felt very rough for a while after the 2nd shot, but it was only for 24 hours and it feels good to be protected.

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2021

17. Wryfox Jul 1, 2021

Hope you find this status update interesting....WHO COVID Vaccine Evaluations 0001.jpg 0002.jpg 0003.jpg

18. mayankyadav Jul 2, 2021

Here in India, first phase was open only to elderlies ie those who are 60 and above or 45 and above with comorbidities so I too don't understand why would any country deny vaccines to elderlies.
    We do have shortage but considering the number the population, it's kind of ok.as of 30th June here we stand

Screenshot_20210702-133441_Chrome.jpg
  19. Walrus Jul 2, 2021

Glad to hear things are moving along in India. Funny you mentioned that as I just verified my mother in law never received the vaccine. Apparently she tried one more time when my wife’s sister got her “3rd” dose. (One of the Chinese vaccines is a three shot series and was again denied due to the “over seventy” thing. To be clear we don’t know if that is country wide or just her province. That info was not available.

20. MRC Jul 4, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.