Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrod520 May 6, 2021

Second dose of Pfizer yesterday afternoon. Feel totally fine except my arm hurts more than it did last time

Commisar, jsducote, Stewart A and 3 others like this.
  2. 8100_RPM May 6, 2021

Other than the chills and some soreness at the injection spot, I feel fine 26 hours later.

RI Omega Fan, 30t1, gnuyork and 3 others like this.
  3. marcn Enough space to say witty May 6, 2021

I got my Pfizer #2 on Monday May 3rd, and my oldest son (in his 30's) got his Pfizer #2 the day after me.

I'm fine; sore arm for about 48 hours, maybe a tiny bit feeling out of it, but extremely mild at that. Feeling 100% today.

My son, on the other hand, who only had soreness on his first shot, is now two days with flu-like symptoms, reporting just now that he's on the uptick, but yesterday had been pretty bad.

For context, though, I contracted Covid back in late January. Very mild symptoms; manifested as a cold, except for the temporary but complete loss of senses of smell and taste. Didn't get a fever or cough, none of the rough stuff normally associated.

Commisar, jsducote, gnuyork and 2 others like this.
  4. 30t1 May 7, 2021

So after trying to get an appointment forever, I just walked into a waltmart. Vaccines walk-in welcome, I just got my first shot, sitting waiting to see if I don’t kill over. Next one in June. I have a lots of traveling planned in the next 12 months or so.
    My guess is that sooner or later, will be required for international travel.

DD6CE0DD-48F0-4BC2-910B-6F9F7BECED0F.jpeg
    jsducote, pdxleaf, ChrisN and 5 others like this.
  5. gnuyork May 7, 2021

Received 2nd shot on Tuesaday... Yesterday was the start of feeling better. Today all good too.

Side effects were diarrhea (sorry), and the next day achiness all over my body - like a hangover without feeling dizzy or nauseous. Soreness at the injection, but nowhere near as sore as my 1st shot.

My wife had the same achiness and a low-grade fever.

jsducote, 30t1, marcn and 1 other person like this.
  6. sgrenald May 8, 2021

Anyone (with HBO, probably only in the US) catch Jon Oliver this past weekend? His show was about COVID

7. Professor May 8, 2021

I've seen his program a few times in the past, pre Covid, never cared for either his brand of humor or his delivery.
    Used to watch Stephen Colbert as often as possible, but like too many these days his politics all but ruined his comedy. These guys just aren't that funny anymore.

I remember many years ago John Stewart was demeaning someone because they used the term "War on Terror" . Stewart said Terror isn't even a noun. Fact is Terror is a noun.
    They do no research at all before shooting off their mouths for a laugh.

Commisar likes this.
  8. gbesq May 8, 2021

Reactions to the various COVID vaccines seem to be highly variable. Other than being a little tired, I had no reaction to both doses of the Moderna vaccine. In contrast, a few hours after my second dose of the shingles vaccine, it felt like someone hit me with a bat. Still, I’d get both vaccines again. Beats getting the diseases.

9. AAMD11 May 8, 2021

Fully vaccinated ::bleh::

jsducote, pdxleaf, sgrenald and 2 others like this.
  10. Professor May 8, 2021

https://news.yahoo.com/germany-not-happy-bidens-support-103515760.html

I guess the AstraZeneca doses we gave Canada and Mexico don't count.

8100_RPM likes this.
  11. joeshoup May 9, 2021

I'm three weeks since my second vaccine. 70% of adults in my county (northern California) have been vaccinated, and I had a drink with a friend inside my house for the first time in 15 months last night. My brain knows that this is not even close to over, but it's nice to have a reprieve, long may it last

30t1, Stewart A, Nathan1967 and 4 others like this.
  12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 9, 2021

One of the more ridiculous posts I’ve read recently.
    https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/learn-more-about-covid-19-vaccines-fda

There are risks we take every day. Like walking across the street or driving a car.

I will be first in line when boosters are given this winter.
    gatorcpa

Commisar, wagudc, jsducote and 9 others like this.
  13. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 9, 2021

Second!! My sprinting days are gone.
    ;)

Dan S likes this.
  14. gbesq May 9, 2021

I’ll be the guy standing in front of you wearing this ...
    image.jpg

Joe_A, Dial & Bezel, pdxleaf and 3 others like this.
  15. pnwyankee May 9, 2021

Let me make a wild guess - - - you live in the US, correct?

30t1, pdxleaf, LesXL and 1 other person like this.
  16. Widows Son May 9, 2021

Wow, lots of nasty comments!!! If it were as cut and dried as some of you guys think, it wouldn't be a subject of such debate. And yes there are plenty of doctors that aren't sold on the vaccine either.

17. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 9, 2021

Thread.....’Vaccinated roll-call’, if you are unhappy try starting your own..... ‘Conspiracies for beginners’, perhaps?

There are doctors who believe in homeopathy too, does not make them right.

18. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 9, 2021

Only ones not sold on it are certain TV “news” networks who make a lot of money selling disinformation.
    gatorcpa

Stripey, 30t1, deenez and 3 others like this.
  19. Widows Son May 9, 2021

It's rainy and gloomy here today, thanks for making me laugh!!!

20. gbesq May 9, 2021

Since you are so confident in electing to reject the vaccine, can we assume that you will also elect to forgo treatment from an already overburdened medical system if you should get a bad case of COVID that the vaccine would have prevented? Or do you prefer to have your cake and eat it too?

Stripey, gnuyork and pnwyankee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.