Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pvt-Public Apr 29, 2021

I got my 2nd shot about 20 hrs. ago. So far side effects are only slight headache and injection site soreness.

jsducote likes this.
  2. Professor Apr 29, 2021

AstraZeneca and Sputnik vaccines work by delivering the coding for the spike protein to healthy cells by means of an engineered Adenovirus. The AZ vaccine uses a virus that in nature only infects Chimpanzees. The modified virus enters a human cell and uses it to create the spike protein. The protein then is either ejected or protrudes through the surface of the cells which triggers the production of antigens to attack the foreign protein.

The modified Chimp virus can not reproduce so its technically not an infection, though the immune response is similar.

The claims for effectiveness of the AZ vac are all over the map, from 62% to 76%. Some sources even claim 90%.

3. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Apr 30, 2021

US trials show that theOxfordAZ vaccine is 76% effective at preventing symptomatic Covid-19 disease (rising to 85% in those aged over 65), and 100% effective at preventing severe disease and hospitalisation.

Dan S likes this.
  4. RI Omega Fan Apr 30, 2021

wagudc, 8100_RPM, Syzygy and 11 others like this.
  5. jakeh417 Apr 30, 2021

Had both shots of Pfizer. 1st shot, after 12 hours, very sore arm, intense heat from upper back to neck, shoulders. It was just skin heat (?), best I can describe it was just radiating heat, but internally I felt fine. I had to flip the pillow numerous times, as well as turn on AC. I eventually fell asleep and woke up with no more hot heat on upper back.

2nd dose, was similar, sore arm, after 12 hours hot feeling in upper back to neck and shoulders. Difference this time was feeling really tired the following day, the sort of feeling where you would say a cold was incoming. It never came. I slept following day and woke up pretty much normal. 72 hours after, fully back to normal, I was doing normal physical activities and saw no difference.

jsducote and Dan S like this.
  6. JohnWoo Apr 30, 2021

I had my second AZ jab last week [sat].
    First jab - a little tired the following day only.
    Second jab - no effect at all.
    There is talk of a third booster AZ jab later in the year for the winter period.
    Just thought I'd share.
    Best to all J.

jsducote and Dan S like this.
  7. TimeODanaos Apr 30, 2021

Mrs D had her Pfizer 2 earlier this week, and felt fatigued with no appetite for two days, then back up and running. I had mine yesterday, and apart from a sore arm, I've had absolutely zero noticeable effects. We are both beyond-words grateful to everyone who made it possible for us, and want the world to have the same opportunity.
    And now, just to get this thread back up too, here's an actual post-vax watch photo! :D
    20210429_142801.jpg I managed to coax a roughly 15 mins departure alert out of this (but OK sorry didn't adjust date) :p
    HAGWE everyone, and stay safe.

Edited Apr 30, 2021
    jsducote, pdxleaf, 8100_RPM and 4 others like this.
  8. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI May 3, 2021

My wife got both her Phizer doses over a month ago and she had no symptoms outside of a sore arm. I just got my first dose today
    C188DC91-4080-4681-9890-CC6065D1B30F.jpeg

jsducote, pdxleaf, mr_smith and 5 others like this.
  9. alam May 3, 2021

Let’s turn the conversation the other way, how many have not being vaccinated ?— specifically, by personal choice, regardless of your reason? I’m one who was on the fence but seems I find myself steeping away from the fence more and more as days go by. Anyone else?

::popcorn::

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 3, 2021

Please, let's not do this...if you want to start your own thread on that, please do so, but I don't really want to see yet another pandemic related thread closed here thanks.

JohnWoo, jsducote, Joe_A and 7 others like this.
  11. alam May 3, 2021

Fair. By popular demand here's the other thread The un-Vaccinated roll-call

12. bubba48 May 3, 2021

Vaccinated ten days ago with Astra-Zeneca.
    No side effects of any kind.
    Now I'm waiting for the second dose.

JohnWoo, jsducote and Dan S like this.
  13. TimeODanaos May 3, 2021

Let's keep those vax-day photos coming now! (Strictly, anyone getting J&J should wear two pieces on the day and show both.) ;)

pdxleaf likes this.
  14. Syzygy May 3, 2021

Had the second Pfizer jab yesterday afternoon. Happy to report, no third nipple to report as of yet. Slightly sore at injection spot but nothing out of the ordinary. Felt a little groggy this morning, thumper of a headache that went away within an hour of being up and moving about, and occasional wave of feeling chilly, but no fever to speak of.

Will report back in a few days if nipple situation changes.

Be well everyone!

jsducote, Dan S, pdxleaf and 5 others like this.
  15. Wryfox May 5, 2021

Update 05/05: (recall my wife is on US Pentagon military team to set new policy and control of pandemics)

US Data Only(total population)
    Percent persons fully vaccinated: 31.9%
    Percent persons with 1st shot only: 10.2%
    Percent over 65 fully vaccinated: 69.4%

Recent week metrics:
    COVID test positivity continues to drop, only 4.5% in recent week(from 15.3% at peak in May 2020)
    Confirmed cases down 15.7% in recent week
    Hospital admissions down 11.1% in recent week

US Military implementing Vaccine hesitancy campaign for awareness. Education, facts. On site, phone calls, social media, etc.
    - Hesitancy primarily due to 2020 election campaign claims of safety issues(70% of survey reported)

Joe_A, pdxleaf and Peemacgee like this.
  16. Walrus May 5, 2021

I can see that. Unfortunately I got hit pretty hard with my second dose. I don’t lie and tell people who ask about it but I do let them know even though my effects were on the severe side they cleared up after three to three and a half days. I also let them know what I went through was not common amongst the now hundreds I know who got the vax.

pdxleaf likes this.
  17. vitriol May 5, 2021

In Poland we do approx 220.000 jabs per day, on average YTD but at the end of April we were close to double of that.

PL.png

Things are moving on significantly. Mid-February I did a forecast for people at my age, that time the estimation said something around October / November. Today I will get 1st AstraZeneca shot.

Fully vaccinated: 7.9% / 3,1m
    People with 1st shot only: 23.8% / 9,1m
    6.996 complications out of 12.225.861 jabs, so percentage ratio is 0.05%.

jsducote and pdxleaf like this.
  18. LesXL May 5, 2021

My better half just got his first jab this morning... 4 hours later, no issues to be reported.

So far in Belgium, 35% of the 18+ have received it, and around 9 or 10% received the full package.

jsducote, pdxleaf and Dan S like this.
  19. Alfy Forluck May 5, 2021

We got our AZ jabs about a week ago. Felt awful for about a day and a half. Next ones in 4 months, they say.

Dan S, jsducote and pdxleaf like this.
  20. 8100_RPM May 5, 2021

I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. Let’s see how I feel later tonight.

30t1, gnuyork, Dan S and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.