Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Apr 22, 2021

Well I guess my bad reaction is over with, hopefully. There was mild pain at the injection site for weeks, didn't seem to want to go away completely.
    I'd think it was over with then it would start up again mainly while I slept and bad enough to wake me up and lasting for hours at a time.
    I looked around for complaints by others and found an article saying this was due to poor positioning of the needle during the injection, coming too close to a tendon or nerve fiber.
    I felt an odd punch through effect during the jab, and the nurse did draw the point back and shift the angle of the needle a bit before finishing the shot.
    Didn't give it any thought at the time since there was no immediate ill effect though I didn't forget it.
    I was the last one to get a shot that day so I expect the personnel were all pretty much worn out by then.

2. kkt Apr 22, 2021

First Pfizer this morning! Never so happy to have a sore arm.

marcn, jsducote, RI Omega Fan and 5 others like this.
  3. hronists Apr 23, 2021

I got my first shot week ago, I drove 500km round trip because I knew that in that part of country people are less inclined to get vaccine thanks to russian propaganda

My hopes are on green or whatever certificates that will allow you to travel without restrictions, attend mass gatherings (music festivals etc), ditch mask etc. That would push some people to get a shot, because otherwise their thinking is "oh, I heard this vaccine is no good, I don't have a time to get shot today, it's just a flu, no need to get vaccinated".

jsducote, 8100_RPM, kkt and 4 others like this.
  4. LesXL Apr 23, 2021

Same here... First shot today, second scheduled for 28/05.

PXL_20210423_144839130.jpg

5. Stewart A Apr 23, 2021

Received my second Pfizer shot yesterday, feeling quite well today with just mild soreness at the site of injection. I feel extremely grateful for the opportunity to receive this vaccination, knowing there are many people in other countries that are desperate for any vaccine. I hope there comes a point very soon where vaccine availability widens to include a greater number of countries and regions. Keep Safe. :thumbsup:

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2021

Thank you, science...

[​IMG]

First AZ dose today, so nothing is going to change for me personally for a while yet, but there is finally some light at the end of this long, dark tunnel...

marcn, jsducote, pdxleaf and 10 others like this.
  7. Professor Apr 23, 2021

You can thank "Big Pharma" while you are at it.

kkt likes this.
  8. Walrus Apr 23, 2021

I had a rather weird thing. Got a call from a rehab I brought someone to last week. They are having a covid breakout. Started with a vaccinated staff member went through the place to 15 clients. I didn’t get an accurate figure of how many of the clients were fully vaccinated but the source of it, that person has been fully vaccinated since February I believe. Kind of strange. I mean we knew about breakthrough cases while the studies were being done. I think the state or fed are there now or already we’re taking samples to examine if it’s a funky variant. Now because of this I had to get tested again although I didn’t go in the building this time. I feel fine but you know how it is when you get news like this, I’m trying to keep my mind occupied or I know I’m going to cough or sniffle and start getting nervous. My neighbor is a physician assistant at a local city hospital who was on the first covid team our state put together. I’m gonna ask him his thoughts on this tomorrow, I don’t bombard the poor guy he’s probably asked questions 100 times a day but he owes me one as his dog chased hairy up a tree last week and I had to climb up and get her. He was very helpful watching me the whole time I guess he would have set and broken bones if I fell off the tree but mission was a success with 0 injuries

Edit: I work in a city and hear a lot of rap around. I notice there are a number of rap songs about the government screwing up covid and not trusting the vax. Heard one at length thurs. it was much more anti government, I didn’t know rap got into all that. It surprised me a little as the message was don’t take the vax. I’m not a fan of rap but have heard some I like, I’m really wondering how common songs like that are in the rap world. I was vaccinated in the first round with health care workers so it’s been months all my things seem to be working ok and I feel fine. Just made me wonder if that is a common theme in songs now and how much it influences people.

Edited Apr 23, 2021
  9. Dan S Apr 23, 2021

Interesting about the vaccinated person being so contagious. Hopefully we won't find out that the clients were also vaccinated. That would really be scary.

kkt, Walrus and Pazzo like this.
  10. Walrus Apr 23, 2021

Ya my thoughts exactly I got kind of mad I couldn’t get the whole story I mean your calling to tell me this might as well break loose with all the info but it is very likely the particular person I spoke to didn’t have all the info in front of them. I can say this, it is a very well known rehab and for a period of time they were actually a vaccination center for people in the system. I don’t want to assume they still are but knowing that makes me think they would make sure all their long term residents were vaccinated but I don’t know that particular places policy on refusals. I’ll say this I was checking out the grounds while I was taking care of business it is such a lovely place. I don’t currently have any addictions that would require such treatment but I was thinking I’d like to chill out and rest there for 30 days, shoot there was even a tennis court and horseback riding, I may have to start drinking again.

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 24, 2021

Not yet. Will go for the Pfizer. Blood clots seem to like me....we never had any Covid here between Sydney and Brisbane. Harbour town. All as it always was. Business open. Restaurants packed , but with distancing. Check in with medical tracing government app. Just in case.... Everybody smiling and walking the Beach. Plenty of Tourists and nobody brought it with them. Lucky. So far. But here People do listen to advice from Science based facts. That might make the difference.... Stay safe everybody. Achim

12. mr_smith Apr 24, 2021

First Pfizer dose yesterday with the second one scheduled 3 weeks out.

13. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Apr 24, 2021

Second Oxford/AZ shot this morning, 6 hours later and I have no needle mark, no pain, nada and I am feeling HAPPY.

Thank you everyone from, most importantly, the scientists who got this vaccine sorted so quickly through to the people sticking the needles in.

Heroes one and all.

marcn, jsducote, watchyouwant and 8 others like this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 24, 2021

Your post had me thinking about who was involved in my specific dose, so thanks for that.

As you point out in addition to scientists, the drug manufacturers are also responsible, plus those who made the various ingredients, the vials, packaging, and those who transported the doses, all the way down to the pharmacist that administered the injection.

Of course there’s another view of this as well. The AZ dose I received was one of the 1.5 million doses that the Biden administration shipped to Canada recently, so along with everyone else in the long chain involved in this, thanks to Joe as well, because without him I wouldn’t have had the vaccine yesterday. :thumbsup:

15. TimeODanaos Apr 24, 2021

Amen to all of the posts about the huge collaborative efforts going on. Anyone interested might like to look at these great data visuals and insights from the OECD - really tells the story, from international research (summarised below) to the manufacture of vial stoppers and syringe needles. Who knew that Mexico, Ireland, and Turkey were such a big part of the whole thing? And let's not forget the role of India in producing so much vaccine, but now suffering so badly - I guess we owe them one.
    Covid collaboration from OECD.jpg

[Fair use clip from www.oecd.org]

watchyouwant and pdxleaf like this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 24, 2021

Second Pfizer booked for Tuesday.
    Several times a week donning full PPE isn’t fun but don’t think it’s going to stop soon.....

jsducote, wagudc and Dan S like this.
  17. Professor Apr 24, 2021

The AZ vaccine shipped to Canada and Mexico was manufactured by a company that has had serious quality control problems requiring that millions of doses be destroyed due to contamination .
    Hope there's no further problems .

DaveK likes this.
  18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 25, 2021

Watching some of the scenes in India right now it beggars belief the scale of the problem they’re going to face vaccinating a billion people while infection rates are as high as they are. Here in Australia we’re going pretty slowly with our tiny population but thankfully have had things pretty normal and under control for most of the last year.

Joe_A, watchyouwant and pdxleaf like this.
  19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 25, 2021

Yet they are still fighting to not lockdown again, was watching the president or whoever only last night so against it and was shaking my head. Running out of air in hospitals and driving from hospital to hospital It is not helping the climbing percentage of tests coming back positive.

pdxleaf, gatorcpa and Archer like this.
  20. Professor Apr 25, 2021

The biggest problem India and African countries will have in months and years to come will be that the wealthier nations of Europe and North America that bailed them out during past famines won't have the resources to do so now.
    Disruptions in shipping, both "accidental" and natural will increase these difficulties.
    The Four Horsemen are riding high these days but the general public hasn't realized it yet because news services are too focused on the day to day drama fests to see the long view.

watchyouwant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.