Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Apr 17, 2021

I had no reaction at first but early the following morning I became extremely ill. I was bed bound almost all day, barely able to walk when I did get up, pain at the injection site sky rocketed.
    Still feeling a bit queasy but I'm sure it will pass.
    My sister got her second jab when I did and felt no ill effects till early today, but her discomfort seems to have passed within a couple of hours.

jsducote likes this.
  2. TexOmega Apr 17, 2021

Over 48 hrs post 2nd Pfizer injection and the only side effect has been site soreness, but today it is close to zero on 1-10 scale.

3. chanbar Apr 17, 2021

Got the J&J jab 10 days ago. Sore arm for 24 hours and running strong!

jsducote likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 18, 2021

My 27 year old got his first Moderna jab yesterday. Naturally Mrs S took the bull by the horns and set it up. Walgreens however called him yesterday and said “ we have extra, can you get over here now?” What a diff from the “hunger games” of Feb /March.

jsducote, pdxleaf and Kmart like this.
  5. MRC Apr 18, 2021

Had the second AZ dose yesterday. No immediate effects but today it seemed to have revitalised a mild cold I thought had gone earlier in the week. Only lasted a few hours though, now fine again.

Edit: the always excellent Randall Munroe's take....

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 19, 2021
    lando, kkt and jsducote like this.
  6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 19, 2021

Just had my second AstraZeneca jab this morning.

My GP surgery staff were equally efficient as last time, getting folks in and out in a matter of minutes - hats off to them, brilliant job.

I’ve seen varying reports of the second AZ jab being both better and worse than the first, so will report back with any side-effects.

since I was remiss in not posting a wrist shot last time - I thought something simple but elegant was appropriate for the occasion. BE2EDDA5-670B-4BDC-A7B9-A06545D25865.jpeg

jB1128, jsducote, Kmart and 6 others like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 19, 2021

See now I know you were a forward....because those pretty boy backs always have clean boots for that little bit of running around they do for 10 minutes of the game. ;)

TimeODanaos likes this.
  8. wagudc Apr 19, 2021

Thank you for a little perspective.

M'Bob likes this.
  9. TexOmega Apr 19, 2021

4 days have passed and all injection site soreness ended by Saturday.

That was the extent of my after effects of a second Pfizer injection.

I did take a good nap yesterday, but that could have been the result of a nice brisket and pork rib lunch. Either way, it was a good nap.

jB1128 and pdxleaf like this.
  10. Joe_A Apr 19, 2021

From the reading and listening that I have done, an infected person who is vaccinated carries a smaller viral load and therefore, even if such a person infects an unvaccinated person, the severity of the infection will likely be less severe than when an unvaccinated person infects another unvaccinated person.

A vaccinated person is protecting others as much as he or she is protecting themselves. It is an element of what is necessary to achieve so-called herd immunity.

Edit: And, of course, continue to mask up until there is a wide consensus that masks are unnecessary.

I forgot to watch-up, lol:

MC12-H-Champagne-041721-2.jpg

jB1128 likes this.
  11. gbesq Apr 19, 2021

I’m in the US and am fully vaccinated (Moderna). Much to my dismay, I am hearing and seeing more and more media reports that a significant segment of the US population - by some reports as much as 30% - either has declined or will decline to get the vaccine. There are already news stories of some vaccine sites shutting down due to insufficient demand and vaccine going unused. The refusal of this population to get vaccinated seems be tied to conservative politics, religion, fear based on mis/dis information, or a combination of these factors. In my state (Pennsylvania) our daily positivity rate is now close to 10%, and the number of daily infections, hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID are all higher than a month or two ago. Not promising.

12. philh Apr 19, 2021

2nd row. Played in the North of England where the pretty boys wished they were a forward if only to get warm

13. MRC Apr 19, 2021

In the Midlands I played hooker to keep warm. It was also the only time I could see the ball being rather short-sighted. If not in a scrum I had to try to work out where the ball was from the directions the blue or white blobs were moving.

TimeODanaos likes this.
  14. Dan S Apr 19, 2021

The vaccine hesitancy appears to be even worse in some European countries. In France, for example, it is widely reported that less than half of the population intends to be vaccinated. Of course, maybe that number will rise as familiarity grows with the vaccines.

pdxleaf likes this.
  15. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 20, 2021

Update 24 hours after the second AstraZeneca jab.

Yesterday, typical mild soreness at site of injection, felt a bit sluggish and woolly-headed in the evening, so had an early night.
    (Oddly enough, @MRC, I was a bit sneezy, for no reason, which I hadn’t experienced with the first injection)

Woke up this morning feeling like I’d gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson.
    Once up, showered and breakfasted, a little bit weak-limbed generally but nothing terrible.
    Interestingly, the soreness at the injection site has not increased noticeably at all, unlike after the first jab. (Which got progressively worse for 2 days after the first injection)

-and something a little more bling to brighten up the day.....
    F0A33667-B7E7-4AA5-8A75-648EECEB950C.jpeg

16. Keith88lx Apr 21, 2021

Heading out for my 2nd shot today. Gathered all of my gear.

94C3A7FA-431A-499B-BF06-736C4C2ED086.jpeg

Wryfox, marcn, jsducote and 1 other person like this.
  17. Wryfox Apr 22, 2021

Update 04/22: (recall my wife is on Pentagon military team to set new policy and control of pandemics)

121 published studies of COVID treatments to prevent mortality
    #1 treatment(most beneficial):Corticosteroids(primarily Budesonide)
    #2: Remdesivir

Budesonide clinical recovery rate:
    Nearly 100% recovered at 15days
    Std care plan: ~85% recovered at 28days

Maximum body temp w/Budesonide: Nearly 0.5degC lower than std care.

Covid case rate steady(positive test count) for last3 months, and lowest rate since last June. This reflects a 73% decline from peak in January.

Death rate due to virus fatigue and enhanced treatments down over 90% from peak in May 2020

pdxleaf, Darlinboy, Joe_A and 2 others like this.
  18. No.15 Apr 22, 2021

Got the moderna first jab today. I have been eligible since the beginning but a multitude of issues prevented me from getting it. Including y second shingles shot that kicked my butt .

PXL_20210422_201214294.jpg

jsducote, pdxleaf and sxl2004 like this.
  19. LesXL Apr 22, 2021

Wait for the Summer travel planning... People will have to pay a PCR test (negative results needed) or to be vaccinated to take the plane to their holiday destinations, and some will still change their minds.

Getting my first shot tomorrow...

PS: French people have always been anti... Anything... "Just because" haha

Edited Apr 23, 2021
    Dan S, MtV and sxl2004 like this.
  20. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 22, 2021

Got my second moderna shot on Tuesday morning. 24 hours later I was sore, aching, headache and tired. Back to normal now (Thursday).

Best Ever Limited Edition Speedmaster

IMG_20190107_161752.jpg

marcn, jsducote, Stewart A and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.