Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbesq Apr 7, 2021

Perhaps you should speak to any physician like my brother who works in a hospital and has been to the COVID ward and seen patients both young and old suffer the torture of slow suffocation and then die from this disease - alone and without the comfort of family and friends who couldn’t be with them because of the risk of infection. I’m trying to be polite here, so all that I will say is that yours is an astonishingly and dangerously uninformed comment. By all means, don’t get the vaccine if you choose not to. I trust that if you do become ill that you will also choose to forgo medical treatment from a system that is already overburdened by the pandemic.

Edited Apr 7, 2021
  2. Uniqez Apr 7, 2021

My wife has been vaccinated for 2 months now. Second shot gave her 24 hours of fever, body aches etc.
    I've got my first shot last week. Had a bit discomfort in the arm for 10-15 hours. We both got Moderna.

20210403_081532.jpg
  3. pdxleaf ... Apr 7, 2021

It may have been worse without the masks and shutting down and the emergency vaccines.

It did wipe out my mother's floor in the nursing home. That was back when the US was just hitting 100k. My brother and I were fortunate that they let us in her room (in full gear) for 5 minutes. I have also have younger friends who got it, recovered, and still have lingering symptoms.

Please get the vaccine for both yourself and your family, if not for your community. Please consider that while you may not know someone who has suffered or died, which i would not wish on anyone, others might have. We are in this society together and depend on everyone getting vaccinated so we go go back to GTGs in person.

Larry S, gnuyork, vintageuhr and 4 others like this.
  4. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Apr 7, 2021

Well said. This disease is brushed off by so many people as nothing to worry about because the vast majority of people have fairly mild disease and recover. That means that most people don't know someone that died or got seriously ill from it and so it does not hit home for them. I had a colleague at work get it in December. He is not very old, not very young (60) - but in excellent shape (not overweight, non-smoker, exercises daily, no underlying conditions). He ended up pronated in the ICU for a week on max flow oxygen. They got it under control with dexamethasone and remdesivir and I wonder what would have happened if he had got it last Spring when those drugs were not widely used. It's now months later and he still has to use supplemental oxygen overnight and has been told his lungs will probably take a year to fully recover. A vaccine is certainly preferable to all of that, and this pandemic is most definitely both a health and an economic emergency.

Joe_A, Larry S and gnuyork like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 7, 2021

I saw some interesting news last night about the vaccine and the "long haulers"...

People have been having ongoing symptoms for months and months after "recovering" from the initial disease, and some of these have gone on to get vaccinated. In some of those people, their symptoms improved greatly after getting the Pfizer vaccine, so it seems that for a certain group of people the vaccine is not only preventative, but also a treatment. More study needed, but it offers some hope for those who haven't really gotten over having covid.

Joe_A, split-time, Larry S and 4 others like this.
  6. Wryfox Apr 7, 2021

I've mentioned before my wife was deployed with the US military last spring for 3 months. She saw the worst of the worst of it. The pivot point is about 7days in, where it either gets better or far worse. The body's immune system is primarily to blame, with a cytokine storm erupting and the body essentially fights itself. Basically immune system haywire.

While it is understood certain co-mobidities factor into the likelihood of this severe turn, there are too many cases of perfectly healthy people being struck down in this fashion, even teenagers.

The chances are low of course, but it's a bit like rolling the dice. You simply can't say I'm young and I'm healthy to justify you'll be fine.

Joe_A and split-time like this.
  7. SkunkPrince Apr 7, 2021

I was vaccinated a few days ago by my primary care facility in Milwaukee, Froedtert Hospital and Medical College of Wisconsin.

The facility I went to appears to be lesser used, but I got in and out pretty quick given the number of people who were there. Pretty impressive.

One more to go!

8. keepsonticking Apr 7, 2021

I had the virus last April and Pfizer this April. I'd heard from certain American "leaders" that the virus was a hoax, so I ran about naked feeling invincible. Until I got sick. I'm lying. My wife and I wore masks and stayed in beginning late last February, but we still got it. Damn hoax has taken 4 close friends/family in a year. Very sad.

I had added a comment re C19 NOT being an emergency but thought better of it, especially as a new guy.

Edited Apr 7, 2021
    split-time, GordonL and Archer like this.
  9. gnuyork Apr 8, 2021

First shot for my wife and me today. Pfizer. Just some minor soreness at the injection area.

It was so easy. In and out in under 6 minutes, I couldn't believe it. We didn't even have to get out of the car. Kinda sad to see such logistics and virtually nobody in line.

I should add that my wife and I both tested positive for the virus in November, despite mostly staying home and very careful procedures in public. But it was a family member who brought it to our house. Caught us off guard. We had sinus infections, worst of the symptoms. We were lucky, but my wife was pissed (at her family) because she was pregnant at the time.

jsducote, split-time and Dan S like this.
  10. Dan S Apr 9, 2021

Pfizer #2! Hoping for minimal side effects. :unsure:

IMG_0725 copy.jpg

Kmart, Uniqez, jsducote and 7 others like this.
  11. keepsonticking Apr 9, 2021

My wife was down for nearly 2 months and still has symptoms. I still have the odd chest pains and days of lethargy and sometimes labored breathing. I was in very good health and very active. Another friend has never recovered after a year. She has more severe symptoms. Hopefully, this is true that vaccines may help the long haul sufferers. The long term effects and costs of the long haul patients is something that is often lost in the discussion with so many deaths to consider.

jsducote, Joe_A, split-time and 3 others like this.
  12. Amg786s Apr 11, 2021

had the 1st and 2nd Pfizer, did anyone else's arm feel like it was falling off on the second day:eek:

jsducote likes this.
  13. time flies Apr 11, 2021

Injection site soreness for twelve hours post jab.
    20210401_053857.jpg
    it will be over soon. have fun
    kfw

jsducote and SpikiSpikester like this.
  14. gnuyork Apr 11, 2021

Yes, on my first shot, my god, yes. It didn't start out sore, but by the time I went to bed, intense. Quite sore a couple days later. I did not take any Tylenol or Advil though. Today I'm starting to feel back to normal. The sore arm and a low grade headache were my only side effects.

Have not had shot #2 yet.

Edited Apr 11, 2021
  15. Dan S Apr 11, 2021

Yes. I had my second Pfizer on Friday and my arm was REALLY sore yesterday. In fact, I was a bit achy all over with a headache for 36 hours or so.

16. Joe_A Apr 11, 2021

After my second Moderna shot on March 13th I had itching and redness near the injection site - felt warm to the touch as well - but all good a few days later.

Wife had a pretty bad headache for a couple days in addition to the slight injection site discomfort.

We both felt fortunate to receive the vaccination.

Edited Apr 11, 2021
  17. wagudc Apr 11, 2021

Two weeks after my second Pfizer dose and I am just today experiencing some serious soreness. I guess that is because finally after over a year off I felt safe to play a bit of soccer (football). My 44 year old body is really feeling the pain.

pdxleaf likes this.
  18. gbesq Apr 12, 2021

Just got the second dose of the Moderna. No side effects from the first dose, so hoping the second is the same. I’m a vintage guy, so I wore my vintage 1971 Speedy for the occasion.
    EF123658-F9DC-49F6-99A3-D956E3EF1337.jpeg

19. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 12, 2021

Pfizer first shot. Posting from the 15-min observation space.

74ED4211-432F-4BD9-BB0E-49B1104EF58D.jpeg

Mad Dog, jsducote, Joe_A and 2 others like this.
  20. Dan S Apr 12, 2021

Just as a follow-up. I had negligible side effects after the first Pfizer shot, but I was very achy the day after my second Pfizer shot. Extremely sore arm, headache, and some other aches and pains. Tylenol helped. Everything subsided about 36 hours after the injection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.