Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walrus Mar 31, 2021

My wife got hers today. It was kinda weird that I’ve been done and covered for months and My wife is one of those people who won’t even take Tylenol so it was a big step for her. She also saw how bad the side effects I got were which I’m sure gave her pause but I give her credit as shots and meds just aren’t her thing. I told her not to focus on what I went through as for whatever reason I only know a few people who suffered as I did but even that ended after 5 days. She went at 6 this eve and is still reporting no ill effects which I am very pleased to hear.

split-time, Larry S, Dan S and 4 others like this.
  2. time flies Apr 1, 2021

2nd jab. Pfizer. Serum burned going in. 12 hour post jab injection site sorness. Can't play piano.

have fun
    kfw

Edit. Add images
    20210401_053857.jpg 20210331_172909.jpg

Edited Apr 1, 2021
    split-time, Larry S and jsducote like this.
  3. Paedipod Apr 1, 2021

Second dose this morning......need a chrono for 15 minutes before leaving. Only a plain bandaid though.... Working today but off tomorrow if any side effects image.jpg

4. wagudc Apr 1, 2021

Pictures? People need to know what kind of post vaccination impulse buys they should expect.

Larry S, JohnWoo and pdxleaf like this.
  5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 2, 2021

J&J. Shoulder soreness right away, but to be expected with a jab into the muscle. We'll see how the rest of the day and the weekend go. I haven't heard from many who received this one. My locality got one big batch from Netherlands; nothing else of this magnitude is in the pipeline. They will be back to max of 1500 first doses after today.

View attachment 1195268

20210402_121331.jpg
    split-time, Larry S, pdxleaf and 5 others like this.
  6. jaguar11 Apr 2, 2021

AZ all done and dusted!!!!

split-time, Larry S, pdxleaf and 4 others like this.
  7. Paedipod Apr 2, 2021

Following up...more than 24 hours and no side effects....woohoo! image.jpg

split-time, Larry S, pdxleaf and 3 others like this.
  8. gnuyork Apr 2, 2021

I'm scheduled for the 9th for Pfizer. Does anybody know the pros and cons from a biological standpoint in humans of Pfizer vs Moderna? I can't seem to find any info on any differences

9. JohnWoo Apr 2, 2021

What info you need is unclear. Check online - PA News and Reuters. Also UK News say Pfizer gives 90% protection for adults.
    Worth checking Oxford Uni info site.

Larry S likes this.
  10. TexOmega Apr 2, 2021

gnuyork likes this.
  11. TheBodhisattva Apr 2, 2021

2nd Pfizer shot on 3/22. Felt a little achy for 8 hours. Already planning a trip to London this fall so my GMT’s can finally be put back to use.

12. ExpiredWatchdog Apr 3, 2021

Wifey and I finally got to the top of the grade here in Cali and got the Pfizer jab this morning. Nothing to report except a sore arm when I lift it over my head (like a flu shot).

Here in Cali, Governor Gaslight has been twiddling with the classes since he had the power to decide who was and wasn't important. It turns out that we were less important than over two-thirds of the state; all of them special interest groups. He finally saw the writing on the wall and decided that if he didn't include the majority of us (yup, that's the other third) that he was going to be tossed out on his butt so he opened the state to those over fifty.

Fortunately, our Crafty Daughter was able to find us a spot on the second day after our class became open. We had to drive 45 minutes to get there, but it was really quite open and uncrowded, and with stacks of AV boxes in racks ready to be used (that's the most shocking thing, after all the guff about temperature, there were literally hundreds of boxes just sitting there, ready to be used).

They made use appointments for our second shot at the same (45 minutes away) place and we will gladly show up in three weeks.

split-time, jsducote, Joe_A and 2 others like this.
  13. connieseamaster Apr 3, 2021

Have my second Moderna shot in a couple of weeks. First one was like a shorter duration but more intense tetanus shot

split-time and Dan S like this.
  14. gnuyork Apr 3, 2021

Wow, half million+ dead and counting and there's no emergency, eh? OK.

pdxleaf, Uniqez, mr_smith and 6 others like this.
  15. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 3, 2021

I was vaccinated yesterday through the city where I live. This morning I received an invite from the State where I live to sign up for a vaccination. Yet my wife has not received any sign-up emails yet, as is driving 2 hours to a site in another state later today to get the first jab of pfizer. It really stinks that she has to do that, but there is no way to see where one falls on the 'list' to know if there would be an opportunity much closer to home any time soon.

split-time and jsducote like this.
  16. Dan S Apr 3, 2021

We are actually approaching 3 million deaths now.

Larry S, pdxleaf and jsducote like this.
  17. ATWG Apr 3, 2021

Got mine and wife’s last week.

by all means, pls don’t vax, save them for those who need them.

jsducote and JohnWoo like this.
  18. gnuyork Apr 3, 2021

Yes, in hindsight, I was not thinking outside of the US. I didn't mean to minimize the global impact. My apologies.

Larry S, pdxleaf, Joe_A and 1 other person like this.
  19. Wryfox Apr 7, 2021

An update for those interested. Reminder that my wife is on a team at the Pentagon for managing COVID and setting pandemic policy across the military disciplines here in the US. This information is unclassified or sanitized, but accurate.

270Million total vaccine doses Allocated (in production or further distributed per below)
    219Million doses Available (ready to ship or further per below)
    195Million Delivered (ready to administer)
    150Million Administered
    55Million Persons fully vaccinated(ie both shots and waiting period elapsed) (~16% of overall population)
    28Million fully vaccinated over 65yrs age(~51% of that age range population)

Overall death rate of general population 'confirmed cases'* - 1.8%
    Overall Death rate of Military 'confirmed cases'* - 0.2% (believed to be lower due to younger avg age of military personnel)

* - Confirmed cases are people with known symptoms, who elect to take COVID test. With random military personnel testing(the beauty of the military is you can order them to do this) it is estimated the population actually contracting COVID is 4-5x higher than # of cases recorded, just without significant symptoms to motivate the person to take test. So theoretically, 'true' death rate is 4-5x lower than that calculated based on only confirmed cases.

Multiple polls indicate ~25% of general population will decline vaccine if offered.
    ~30% of healthcare workers will decline

~30% of military officers will decline
    ~55% of military enlisted ranks will decline
    (currently the US military is NOT ordered to take vaccine)

#1 cause is attributed to disinformation campaign during election season

That's it for now...hope you find it interesting

Kmart, wagudc, Joe_A and 3 others like this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 7, 2021

Jabbed today 1st one ....Pfizer

Claimed Pfizer arm the few shots I missed at volleyball tonight ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.