Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wryfox Mar 26, 2021

As an update to my first Moderna shot, side effect 12 hrs later is I feel like I was hit by a bus. Aching muscles throughout body. Oddly leg muscles feel worst. Joints stiff. Feel like I ran a marathon.

No other symptoms though.

I'm told side effects last only a day or so, so we'll see later today.

split-time, Larry S and Peemacgee like this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 26, 2021

In Scotland no proof of vaccination is given, all held on your health service record. Certainly will be interesting to see where we go as regards travel ?

3. philh Mar 26, 2021

It may well be to save us having to rebuild Hadrians Wall if the next referendum on independence goes the other way :)

Lurk41, Alpha, Larry S and 1 other person like this.
  4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 26, 2021

For our international members - it’s not quite the Great Wall of China but we like it....
    50932C4D-AACB-4DB4-8302-949A29E34B78.jpeg
    90DE3BC1-ABF3-4692-A77C-5F9ED02B8F8B.jpeg

5. sxl2004 Mar 26, 2021

Side effect update after the second Moderna dose;
    Flu like symptoms (fever, shills) starting 10 hrs after the shot lasting for 24hrs. Overall pretty bad for one day, but well worth it.

6. wagudc Mar 26, 2021

Finished up. First dose sore arm, second dose less soreness but a little fatigue. Wore my Speedy to time the post vaccine waiting period.
    P3260670.JPG

Edited Apr 3, 2021
    split-time, Twocats, Larry S and 4 others like this.
  7. Wryfox Mar 29, 2021

So a full update...

Last Thursday 9 am 1st Moderna shot.

Thursday night, start of aches and pains.

Friday, full body aches and pains. Difficult to walk. Strong fatigue. Took afternoon off, went back to bed.

Saturday, aches and pains gone, but severe fatigue.

Sunday, tired but functional. Took a bike ride around neighborhood, eager to get home. Took a nap.

Today(Monday), feel normal again. No pain, no fatigue.

split-time, jsducote, Dan S and 2 others like this.
  8. joeshoup Mar 29, 2021

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine Saturday at San Francisco's Moscone center. It was downright pleasant, and fast: I arrived at 3:57 and was done at 4:21, including the 15 minute waiting period. The experience felt like an airport terminal in utopia: friendly and easy check-in, no lines, everyone cheerful, and you got where you were going with no hassle. I forgot to take a picture but I wore my 176.001 for the affair.

9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 29, 2021

Got a sign-up email earlier tonight, and I now have an appointment for a J&J one-and-done this Friday. I haven't heard much about the after effects of this one, as it is really just rolling out around here. I hope the effects don't drag into Sunday, as I promised my son I will make a nice lamb pasta dish for us to eat on Easter (my wife goes by Orthodox Easter, so she'll still on the lent diet thing so she's be focusing on making non-meat dishes). Not sure how soon she will get a chance to be vaccinated, as she registered for our state's wait list a day or two after I did. We are at only 15% fully vaccinated, and <25% first shot around here, so getting a lot of J&J doses should help up the amount of fully vaccinated people a lot quicker.

split-time, jsducote, pdxleaf and 2 others like this.
  10. pdxleaf ... Mar 29, 2021

Absolutely beautiful.

What impressed me the most about that wall was that the Roman's invaded North, got to Scotland and said, "those people are crazy" and then built the wall to protect themselves from the Scots. The Scots did not build it to protect themselves. They didn't need protection. The rest of the world needed protection from them.

That's bad ass.

Alpha, Larry S, GordonL and 2 others like this.
  11. zobbified Mar 30, 2021

Just noticed this discussion. Took the Pfizer vaccine back in Jan and the booster 21 days later in Feb. Just muscle aches after the first shot but had severe fatigue/fever chills/muscle aches the night after the booster (i might add misguided judgement as a side effect since i made an impulse watch purchase after the booster ::bleh::).

12. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Mar 31, 2021

Good Lord! Lot of worry going on here.:eek:

To date, the death rate of the Human Race is 100%. It all ends in a box, up a chimmney or down in Davey Jones locker. (Anything beyond that is a matter of faith or scientific debate)::confused2::

My advice is as follows:
    Dodge the coffins, get away with it as long as you can, try not to worry and enjoy the ride!:)

HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY LOVELY OLD OMEGA SPEEDMASTER 105.012-65 TO CHEER YOU ALL UP!
    IMG_20190712_130724-1.jpg
    AND HERE YOU CHECK CAN THE OLD 321 FOR HEALTH.
    IMG_0075-3.jpg

Edited Mar 31, 2021
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 31, 2021

Went out to dinner with friends last week in Chicago’s west loop. Gotta say it was a bit strange, but it was restaurant week and it felt dammed good to be out. Even got frisky and took an Uber. Time to shake off the cobwebs and rejoin the world.

Shabbaz, split-time, pdxleaf and 2 others like this.
  14. ChrisN Mar 31, 2021

Restrictions are being lifted in UK as well.

Played tennis yesterday morning as the courts opened on Monday - it's been ages but managed to get the ball over the net a few times...

Also took the car out for a decent run yesterday afternoon as we are now allowed to go out without a reason. Nowhere in particular but am burning off the November tank of fuel - 5 months and counting.

Good to hear that people are getting out again after so long:thumbsup:. Next opening up here is April 12th so, under 2 weeks and then you can sit in a pub garden, in a group of six, and have a chat with a beer (probably sitting in the rain in Somerset).

Cheers, Chris

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 31, 2021

This is a known side effect of the vaccination. Many people are running out and buying new watches after the shot, sometimes even two or three.

16. Traveler Mar 31, 2021

Just done dose 2 of PFE at Javits NYC. Wore this, that I bought around a year ago as 1) I liked it 2) they were donating some of the proceeds to COVID ‘victims’ in Italy ... back when we were thinking, “wow, that’s going on in Italy ?!?!” .... one year on

72EA0C2C-499A-4CF7-BFEA-2EFF2DD615A6.jpeg

split-time, jsducote and pdxleaf like this.
  17. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Mar 31, 2021

Well if you should find yourself wandering down toward the Dorset coast Chris, I will buy you pint!... I am half jabbed with Astra-zeneca, but will say hello at a healthy 3m distance.:eek:
    IMG-20170601-WA0000.jpg

18. gbesq Mar 31, 2021

Had the first dose of the Moderna vaccine on March 11th. Absolutely a non-event, no side effects. Get the second dose on April 12th. I’m expecting to experience some side effects then, but it would have to be pretty bad to top the two stage shingles vaccine. I had a very sore arm after the first dose and had full blown flu symptoms for 24 hours after the second dose. Still, beats getting the shingles.

split-time, jsducote and pdxleaf like this.
  19. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 31, 2021

done and done #pfizer

split-time, jsducote, pdxleaf and 2 others like this.
  20. pat mull Mar 31, 2021

I got Pfizer #2 over the weekend at an NJ megasite. Very lethargic for two days then fine. Pfizer #1 had basically no side effects, #2 packs a punch. WAY less people than when I was there a month ago which seemed surprising. Overall, the US military does a good job running the place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.