Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 24, 2021

I would contact your service. Here, you cannot get your second shot without that card. In fact I had to e mail pics of my card to the Cook County Health Dept to verify my second appt. CHC may have a better system though. We are going to need those cards I think to travel internationally.

Edited Mar 24, 2021
  2. sxl2004 Mar 24, 2021

39307344-7669-4F7F-9506-C3954999BCA4.jpeg 672EBED6-7C49-4C3B-A3C4-8E7311639AC8.jpeg Just got my second shot today. Awaiting side effects....
    BTW Gilette Stadium finally has the correct field on :D

Uniqez, Twocats, jsducote and 6 others like this.
  3. Walrus Mar 24, 2021

I heard rumblings that healthcare and any others who were in the first round may be getting, or recommend to get a 3rd jab as a booster for some of the variants. I got the info at a hospital that is dispensing the jab so I certainly wouldn’t dismiss it although they had no time line or anything solid yet, I guess just things they are hearing. Have you heard any such talk, I’m not thrilled about the thought of another one I get some severe vertigo from the first two.

4. glownyc Mar 24, 2021

A third dose is being studied by the drug makers now. No calls have be made yet and wouldn't probably happen till the studies are completed and evaluated.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...vaccine-maker-studying-booster-shots-n1258775

5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Mar 24, 2021

Got my 1st jab last Friday. I was assigned to a vaccination centre, close to the Royal Marines base here in the UK.

A lovely, lady, soldier, in camouflage battle dress, and a steady hand, gave me an almost painless injection of the Oxford Astra-zeneca vaccine. I thanked her and commended her on her skill. She said "well I've had a lot of practice, I wasn't this good a month ago. Here is your vaccination card. Keep it safe, ready for your next appointment"

I was OK for about 10 hours and then felt a bit rough with headache and tiredness for a couple of days. Feel fine now, but I won't be out and about for a few weeks yet.

jsducote and Larry S like this.
  6. repoman Mar 25, 2021

Got my first Moderna jab today, ånd coincidentally, was wearing my Speedyorite, no doubt the reason it was painless, no side-effects thus far :D

7. cvalue13 Mar 25, 2021

No monsters under the bed here, and we can get this thread back ok track!

There was no “counter argument” leveled against your post of otherwise interesting information.

Nothing in the Vox video was contradictory to any of your post.

Nor was anything in the Vox video contradictory to the information concurrently provided from Nature, NYT, Economist, or TIME (others could have been provided but seemed unnecessary).

Instead, it was simply that your post focused on how “effective” or the “effectiveness” of the various vaccines, and it seemed helpful if not prudent to provide a bit more color as to what those terms might or might not mean. Especially because your post is unclear regarding whether you’re actually talking about “effectiveness” (in contrast to “efficacy”).

You yourself touched on this when you noted that J&J offers “amazingly 100% prevention against hospitalization(severe effects)” despite the (relative to Phuket/Moderna) low “effectiveness” you attribute to it.

Folks can take their pick of sources provided above if they’re interested in hearing more about what “efficacy” does or doesn’t mean and why all the vaccines available are great at ending the pandemic.

glownyc likes this.
  8. Wryfox Mar 25, 2021

What I provide is a unvarnished unbiased view of top professionals in epidemiology. My wife is one of those and has great respect for the team she works on to solve this great issue and heal mankind.

Listen or don't listen, no matter.

In a world full of politics, if you want to hear truth over propaganda, hopefully this is one source that will be helpful.

9. cvalue13 Mar 25, 2021

Now you’re just being strange if not irresponsible, in that you appear to be suggesting that the discussions above RE meaning of “efficacy” are propaganda?

You seem to think something discussed above is contrary to your post, but it is not.

I’m left with the impression that there’s been some unfortunate misunderstanding along the way, perhaps exacerbated by your strong dislike of Vox.

glownyc likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 25, 2021

Solving the crisis is harder when true quarantine principles were ignored by all governments for economic and political justification.

11. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 25, 2021

I’m just glad that a useful and informative thread is not being deleted due to the unnecessary inclusion of personal political opinions.

12. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 25, 2021

I don’t know if you realise it but you are one of the few who regularly bring politics into open discussions - whilst, somewhat perversely noting the detrimental effects of party politics.
    Which is a shame because when you stick to watches, you have a valuable contribution to make.

( mods by all means delete these posts and keep the thread open. )

13. Wryfox Mar 25, 2021

My whole point is to advocate neutrality and non political view. If calling out clearly political mantra in the interest of truth is a problem., I guess they will delete it.

Can't help but notice certain alternative views aren't being deleted.

Edited Mar 25, 2021
  14. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 25, 2021

Shingrix part 2 was a lost weekend for me last March. Pfizer part 2 was a bit flushed and sleepy for 24 hours, but it could as easily have been the bottle of Bordeaux I drank to forget the “we just ran out of vaccine”, freezing cold, shit show that afternoon.

Wryfox and Dan S like this.
  15. Wryfox Mar 25, 2021

Just got the first Moderna shot. Had some tachycardia (my wife's term not mine), ie fast heartbeat for a few minutes, which she says is normal for this vaccine shot, and she had it too when she got hers. I survived.

split-time, jsducote and Dan S like this.
  16. simonsays Mar 25, 2021

Astra Z straight from the source in Oxford! 27C375F4-7684-4AFC-B95E-69599E0096BA.jpeg

split-time, Kmart, Larry S and 5 others like this.
  17. sxl2004 Mar 25, 2021

I too like to source my vaccine locally (Cambridge,MA)
    :D

18. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Mar 25, 2021

I got my second shot of Pfizer back on January 23 (only symptom I had for both shots was sore arm) - but BTW, here's why you should keep wearing a mask, distancing and so on even after being vaccinated...at least until virus levels in the community are much lower than they are now. I have a colleague who was also fully vaccinated back in January. One of the colleague's kids got Covid last week, then all of the family got it as well...that's two other kids, spouse...and the fully vaccinated colleague. Symptoms were mild "just like a bad cold" and so the vaccine did its primary job of preventing serious infection. But this demonstrates clearly how vaccination does not necessarily mean you cannot get and transmit the virus. Incidentally, said colleague is waiting for analysis to see if this was one of the variants in the news.

split-time, Twocats, Paedipod and 4 others like this.
  19. jsducote Mar 25, 2021

The soreness in my arm from Pfizer #2 is all but gone after 3 days, no other ill effects.

In desperate need of a haircut, I went this evening to see the woman who has cut my hair for more than 12 years. She's always been a bit of a hypochondriac, so I know she's truly cautious and my vanity had reached its breaking point. The first thing she said to me was that an uncle of hers died yesterday from complications brought about by Covid. So please be aware that it's still out there and it's still deadly. Please get vaccinated when and if you're truly able and please keep wearing a mask and taking other precautions for the sake of other human beings.

Edited Mar 26, 2021
    split-time and sxl2004 like this.
  20. ikanbilisclub Mar 26, 2021

So more than 48hrs after my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine I've been fortunate to get away scot free from any debilitating side effects barring the arm soreness.

jsducote and RI Omega Fan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.