Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Mar 4, 2021

Surely you jest.

Not allowed out to drive?

And don't call me Shirley.

2. ChrisN Mar 4, 2021

No, genuinely, we are meant to stay at home in UK. You should only be on the roads for essential journeys such as going to work (if you really can't work from home) or going to the supermarket. There have been fines given out if you don't have a reason to be going somewhere.

Because I work from home and, I don't usually go to the supermarket, I have no reason to be out in the car. It's no great hardship and, I don't have a problem with that. I know me being in my car won't make a difference but, I would have to stop more often for petrol so that increases the interactions. I suspect that's the thinking anyway.

Anyway, I just saw a metric showing that in Somerset, first vaccine doses have been given to 48% of over those over 16. Cheering news.

Cheers, Chris

JohnWoo likes this.
  3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 4, 2021

My battery went flat from not using the car for months over winter... still waiting for a reason to recharge it :whistling:

ChrisN, JohnWoo and cvalue13 like this.
  4. RI Omega Fan Mar 4, 2021

Are we going to get a break on our car insurance since we’re not driving nearly as many miles?

Back to the vaccination roll call: I got #1 (Pfizer) yesterday; my wife gets her first dose (Moderna) on Sunday.

SpikiSpikester and jsducote like this.
  5. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Mar 5, 2021

Just received the Astra Zenica jab this morning. All done at a local hotel in the uk. So efficient and quick many volunteers directing traffic and people. Nursing teams fantastic. 1000 jabs a day carried out in a function room. I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel

20210305_091517.jpg

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 5, 2021

Could you have a Beer also.......

7. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Mar 5, 2021

Unfortunately not. Everything still closed down in the uk but beginning to ease up soon.
    Then it will be more than one!:confused:

JohnWoo likes this.
  8. Capt Cave Man Mar 5, 2021

Got the text from my GPs in the UK late last week to schedule my appt. and received jab #1 (Pfizer) yesterday.

No apparent side affects apart from a very sore arm. The only thing I noticed was that I must have been one of the oldest getting the jab at the time so assume local roll out is proceeding ahead of schedule or included those more vulnerable.

Wife and son (vulnerable) had already received their #1 (Oxford/AstraZeneca) last month, parents were January.

Again, volunteers directing traffic and people, the teams are doing an amazing job rattling through everyone so efficiently. Seriously - hat's off to all involved.

9. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Mar 5, 2021

I am 54 and think most of those there today were of a similar vintage. I guess several areas are ahead of schedule which is great.

JohnWoo and Capt Cave Man like this.
  10. 140dave Mar 5, 2021

Got my first jab today.
    Salinas, CA USA
    Moderna
    Tier 1b (agriculture)

I was the last appointment of the day, and it’s Friday so I brought my wife along in case there was an “extra” dose that wouldn’t make it through the weekend. Person before me didn’t qualify (allergic to something in the vacc) so thankfully my wife got hers too.

California-style sticker:
    image.jpg

Dor_42, jsducote, JohnWoo and 2 others like this.
  11. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 5, 2021

Got my first shot Wednesday. Moderna. Was a non event. I'm to receive the second dose on March 31st.

jsducote, JohnWoo and wagudc like this.
  12. river rat Mar 6, 2021

Well got a call today from the local clinic was on there list. Get the shot on Tuesday had a choice of ether the two dose or one dose took the J&J one dose and be done with it. Hated it when the military made me get the anthrax shot a series of six so every two weeks get a shot had to go to Travis Air Force base for it until done a pain wished they had a one shot deal for that anthrax shot.

Edited Mar 6, 2021
    JohnWoo, jsducote and pdxleaf like this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 6, 2021

Got my second moderna yesterday at 1 pm. Other than arm soreness nothing to report in terms of effects at this point.

I also did drink a couple of bottles of wine with my wife and topped it with a little scotch so....who’s to say if I have a mild hangover, but I’m used to it.

jsducote, ChrisN and JohnWoo like this.
  14. Dor_42 Mar 11, 2021

Got my second shot today.

Even tho the vaccine was available to me for a while now I took my time.
    I work from home, I limit my time outside of the house, when I do have to leave I properly wear a mask and I don't meet with anyone but my family.
    Personally I wanted to wait a year before getting the vaccine myself, again not because I think anyone is trying to poison us or any other stupid conspiracy that is out there I just wanted to have more information to be out there so I can be whole with the decision of getting the vaccine.

At the end of the day I realized that it became very stressful for me to be around people constantly worrying about them obeying COVID rules even tho I was protecting myself, I did not feel safe.

Which is why I decided to get the shot, in the long run I think the reduction of stress from getting the shot outweighs the hypothetical side effect the vaccine may have (well, hopefully).
    I still wish I could have waited but you cant always get what you want right?

15. cknight24 Mar 11, 2021

I was lucky enough to get my first dose in December and second in January. I work in public safety and I'm also a volunteer firefighter. Second dose sucked pretty hard ... arm was really sore and was feverish and exhausted for about a day, but I guess it's better than COVID.

jsducote likes this.
  16. cvalue13 Mar 11, 2021

Months ago I signed up for a waitlist, and specifically answered that I was not among the first two tiers of eligibility. (My intent was to be on the list for when I did become eligible.)

Monday morning, I got an email telling me to be there that afternoon. I then checked the news to see if the first two tiers of eligibility (that I am not in) had been moved past - it hadn’t. Skeptical, I decided to show up.

Showed up, waited for 2 hours. Finally at the front of the line, the volunteer asked if I was in either of the first two tiers. I told him I was not, that I had filled out the waitlist form accordingly, and yet I still got the email to show up.

He then became incredulous that I had received any email. I ~replied, “I just waited in line for 2 hours, and was still honest with you that I do not qualify for the first two tiers - why would I lie about getting the email?”

They sent me home.

My reward: the electronic reservation system now believes I’ve been vaccinated, so I’ve reduced my chances of getting the vaccine soon.

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2021

My little sister just got her first Pfizer today, being in radiation Oncology she was near the top of the list on the Aussie rollout, hopefully things continue at speed but we’ve been extremely lucky in Australia and life has been pretty normal for a long time now

jsducote and cvalue13 like this.
  18. time flies Mar 11, 2021

Jab #1 yesterday in Chocolate Town, Pennsylvania. Pfizer.
    20180922_112949.jpg
    have fun
    kfw

Edited Mar 12, 2021
    jsducote, JohnWoo and TimeODanaos like this.
  19. Syzygy Mar 11, 2021

I live in a county that has the highest population in the state (no, weed is not legal...not the 'high' that I meant). We get the same amount of doses the least populated county in the state gets on a daily basis. This, while I understand the complete shit-show complicated efforts everyone involved in rolling the vaccine out are dealing with (thank you! seriously, it's complicated and I get it! Anything is better than nothing!), is a bit hard to understand...I'd think a ratio approach based on population would be the logical solution.

That said, my guess...I'll be living in my bunker, playing 'hide from the zombies' for another year before I get the poke. (Pretty sure I've never said this before, but...damn, I'd like to get poked about now!).

20. gbesq Mar 11, 2021

Received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. No side effects other than feeling drowsy for a few hours. Second dose scheduled for April 12th. Tier 1A (severe asthmatic with weakened immune system due to corticosteroid meds), Pennsylvania, US.

jsducote likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.