Forums Latest Members

Uncle Seiko / Forstner Flat link bracelet on Speedy 60th Anniversary

1. fred.zueri Dec 3, 2020

Hi All

as I like to preserve the omega bracelets/straps I’m for the time being using a generic leather strap for my Speedmaster 60th Anniversary watch.

I ordered a uncle seiko flat link bracelet for my FOIS and intend to buy as well one from Forstner if they will be available again.

Uncle Seiko and Forstner say that the flat link bracelet will fit as well the 60th Anniversary.
    As the lugs are different and longer for the 60th Anniversary compared to the FOIS I was wondering if anyone already used these bracelets on the 60th anniversary and what their experience was. Do they fit or look rather odd on the 60th Anniversary?

2. mountainunder Dec 3, 2020

fred.zueri likes this.
  3. Spikedlee Dec 3, 2020

Here's my Speedy Pro with 60th anniversary bracelet on Uncle Seiko end links:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have the 20mm Forstner solid end links but they do not fit as well as the Uncle Seiko. The shape is more rounded and doesn't blend it as well with the lines and contours of the watch case, and the center link hole is a bit higher into the end link, which when installed, does not allow the bracelet to fully flex downward. The US has no rattle even though it is not a SEL and is a very viable option to ensure perfect fitment with the Anniversary bracelet. You will need this end link if you do not want the stock end link to sit too low on the case without modification.

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 3, 2020

Here we go...just scroll towards the end if you don’t feel like reading it all ;)

fred.zueri likes this.
  5. fred.zueri Dec 3, 2020

Nice!!! Thanks for that.

6. bazderome Dec 14, 2020

Just love the US on my 60th, much better than the original bracelet IMHO

20200716_150156.jpg

20200716_141227.jpg

robinhook likes this.