Unboxing a 75 year old 21312

Posts
1,116
Likes
3,942
True congrats!
Is it possible that I saw this on the bay some weeks ago? I am happy to see it went to a true UG lover! 😀
 
Posts
1,903
Likes
24,946
Saw it on ebay. Was following until the auction was ended early 🙄

Starting price was very low, so probably you were able to get a good deal 👍
Congratz, gorgeous piece.
 
Posts
1,071
Likes
2,183
I mean this in the nice possible way, but I hate you and may have to find a way to block your posts. *green w/envy*
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Thanks everyone, glad to share it here so it can be enjoyed. Honestly I'm not sure what to do with it? I mean it's fun to keep it in a safe and pull it out every now and then to admire, but it should probably be in a museum or on display somewhere? I can't imagine wearing it.

Any suggestions?
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Stunning watch!

Not to derail, but does anyone make box stitched straps like this anymore? I am sick of looking for “vintage” style straps only to see the pilgrim two stitched leather slabs that people call “vintage” style- never would you see something like that on a quality watch- ever!
This is what a vintage strap looks like- rounded tongue, lightly padded, stitched all the way around including the return at the buckle, stitched-in keepers, slim buckle- where can we get new ones like these!

There are definitely box stitched vintage style straps around, I'll have to dig through some links and get back to you. This buckle is really amazing, someone thought it was a wenger buckle but I'm not familiar ?
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
Thanks everyone, glad to share it here so it can be enjoyed. Honestly I'm not sure what to do with it? I mean it's fun to keep it in a safe and pull it out every now and then to admire, but it should probably be in a museum or on display somewhere? I can't imagine wearing it.

Any suggestions?
Why not wear it? It was designed to be worn. If carefully worn it will not hurt the value.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Why not wear it? It was designed to be worn. If carefully worn it will not hurt the value.
I agree- save the strap and find another as close as you possibly can (swap buckle over), and just make sure you wear it on light duty days- with a long sleeve shirt. That how my 18k snap back watches get worn. I would of course have it serviced before you wear it at all
 
Posts
990
Likes
3,202
How often do you get to unbox a 75 year old UG Triple Date Moonphase ?!

Uploading full res pics, be sure to zoom to 100% for full mind blowing effect....

mesmerizing.
Ben, you bother me a little bit. Since you started sniping pieces on eBay, I got nothing left... 👎

That need to change!

anyway, congrats. Best catch ever!!!