Unboxing a 75 year old 21312

Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Aside from the overall amazing condition, a few things stand out to me.....

1) the beautiful detail on the box (which has leather edges and cloth main body)
2) non UG strap and buckle (although the buckle is a work of art !)
3) look at the dial paint loss/aging even in a NOS example
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
Nice. So what's the backstory? Where's it been all these years?
 
Posts
13,905
Likes
54,078
Nice. So what's the backstory? Where's it been all these years?
+1 and spider lugs 🥰
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Nice. So what's the backstory? Where's it been all these years?

I wish I could say it belonged to my Grandpa and we just found it in the old chest of drawers, but sadly I don't really have any backstory on this one, it was just a lucky pickup.
 
Posts
164
Likes
209
Not one that's usually interested in vintage pieces, but this type of find definitely changes that! This could become a very expensive post for me 🙄
 
Posts
13,905
Likes
54,078
Ben you are motivating me to start selling so I can resume the hunt!
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Not one that's usually interested in vintage pieces, but this type of find definitely changes that! This could become a very expensive post for me 🙄

Congrats or condolences, I'm not sure which 😉
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,482
Ben you are motivating me to start selling so I can resume the hunt!

Go for it ! You have a massive and beautiful collection. Catch and release, let some of those go back into the wild and keep fishing 👍
 
Posts
2,504
Likes
7,580
Congrats Ben. Looks stunning. Mind sharing where did you get it? Walked into a shop and saw it?
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Stunning watch!

Not to derail, but does anyone make box stitched straps like this anymore? I am sick of looking for “vintage” style straps only to see the pilgrim two stitched leather slabs that people call “vintage” style- never would you see something like that on a quality watch- ever!
This is what a vintage strap looks like- rounded tongue, lightly padded, stitched all the way around including the return at the buckle, stitched-in keepers, slim buckle- where can we get new ones like these!