Ugliest Watches, What Do You Have?

Its best use though is for the occasions you are dragged to by your better half and you know that resistance is futile but you have to cling on to a bit of a protest. Pull back shirt cuff mid family gathering/charity dinner /you need more male friends parties et al and your self esteem drags its ass out of the gutter

This is actually very funny. And practical. Might try this in ('near' I am afraid) future too. ::psy::

Just because a watch is as expensive as hell, doesn't mean it can't be butt ugly.

How right you are.

It's interesting how my taste is changing to simple and spare as I look at more and more watches.

This is not to say a truly unusual looking timepiece won't strike my fancy.

This one struck my fancy until I put it on my wrist. I hate the way it rides my wrist.
Commander_031516 1846.jpg

Thing is I LOVE my Dynamic:
Dynamic I_032516 1913.jpg

And I'm confident many folks will find them equally unattractive.

People will hate me probably for these two....

Yes I have to agree to disagree on this one. I personally really like the simplicity of Panerai dials. It's not a refined watch, but it was originally built to be a tool watch.

No matter how hard people try to convince me: this is MF-ugly.

Schermafbeelding 2016-06-17 om 13.00.12.png

(although one might appreciate the cal....)

😜
You know it is strange, I was in the same boat as you when I was first introduced to the Royal Oak. But after seeing it more and more it has really grown on me. I guess it's like the song that you keep hearing that you initially hate and start to like. Now this on the other hand has never clicked with me.
22f3b4e1b1579b167c55e0e98adf1a7a.jpg

I guess it's like the song that you keep hearing that you initially hate and start to like. Now this on the other hand has never clicked with me.

Point proven 😜

😁😁😁

It's not a refined watch, but it was originally built to be a tool watch.

I think it is a bit as with some classical music, to which one of my brothers responded "music for people who can not write or read"....
But that might just be a bit too harsh......😟😟

Btw, this is a replica from the 80's that was given to me.... I don't wear it but it sits in my watch box.

I'm almost too ashamed to post mine.

I think it was the result of too much radiation therapy, or more likely, too much Lagavulin and late night eBay browsing.

But it was a Longines. And it was an Automatic, and it was a Five Star Admiral.............

LFSA.JPG
That is a dead ringer for a wall clock my grandmother had in the 1970s which was hung on a wall covered in an orange and brown floral wallpaper

Okay.

fleaBay is a "treasure" trove of ugly watches. Here's a few just from my feed a few minutes ago. Talk about having to kiss a LOT of frogs...

s-l1600.jpg

$_58.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

I don't have a candidate for an ugly watch but I thought I'd vote for my favorite ugly watch of this posted so far; Canuck's brown/tan square thing. Hideous! I have to turn my head and look at it out of the corner of my eye so it won't burn into my retinas 😲

Might have to get rid of both Camaros to fund this beaut. Real silver bullets! (obvs not my pic).....
A3_zps8j7cmkvn.jpg

nothing here.... the policy around here is: if its ugly get rid of it.

there was this Russian bike though......

Schermafbeelding 2016-06-17 om 13.00.12.png

(although one might appreciate the cal....)

😜

I call it the Cardassian watch..those of you fellow Star Trek fans, I'm sure will appreciate the link. 😜

You know it is strange, I was in the same boat as you when I was first introduced to the Royal Oak. But after seeing it more and more it has really grown on me. I guess it's like the song that you keep hearing that you initially hate and start to like. Now this on the other hand has never clicked with me.
22f3b4e1b1579b167c55e0e98adf1a7a.jpg
Couldn't agree more... stupid $ for bland/meh design

If that was a Certina or Eterna at $ 2k NOBODY would buy it
Edited:

Oh, and btw: this might even be worse....
😗😗

Schermafbeelding 2016-06-17 om 13.04.13.png

Only reason I'll never say anything negative regarding the esthetics of panerai watches is because I've come across a few wonderful folks, who are passionate watch collectors, who happen to be staunch paneristi.
But the AP ROO, aka Mr Cardassia, fire away... 😜
Edited:

Couldn't agree more... stupid $ for bland/meh design

Like a Ferrari, compared to a BMW..So overpriced because so few are made. But in no way really better than the bimmer...

There are no ugly watches....

there are just the ones I like ... and the ones the London lizard-cookie-monster buys 😁