Tissot Extract Of the Archives ... better than Omega (?) ...

(I am not the first person to post about this)

I recently received the extract for my doozy. Yes, this is me still basking in the smite ... I mean : just look at that thing ... 1947.05.31 ... and looking hardly used ...

IMG_3953.jpg

I find the Watch Case Remarks quite interesting : "The movement number and reference number provided match in the Tissot production books, which means that the current watch has the same case and movement as when it left the Tissot factory at the time".

Such remarks are not foolproof - anyone could have swapped things around provided they had a movement from another example of this exact reference - however the condition of this peace dispels any doubt and solidifies the principle of occams razor. I wonder what other information/records they have that Omega dont? I assume, based on the Lemania connection, that these were all 'Lemania' during this timeframe...

All I sent in were some very good photos.

So why the clickbait '...better than Omega...'?
- AFAIK vintage Tissot has yet to hit 6 digits (has it even hit 5? I could imagine that any 33.3 derivatives may have ... but I am not that knowledgeable in Tissot nor have I been following them for years)
- nobody, other than a few passionate collectors, really cares about vintage Tissot -> there are no big-cheese-dealers who have gotten Tissot to provide extracts with dubious Italo-English wording for all kinds of franken bits-and-bob prototype c___ ...
- probably made you look :P

But its probably very similar...

I also find the Finished Watch Remarks quite interesting ... would love to go and browse the section of the catalog devoted to 1930's/40's chronographs ... anybody had a look?

Like 11
The original Tissot registers look like this:

tissot 1929 (11).JPG

And this is the watch

tissot 29  (0).jpg

tissot 29 (3).jpg

tissot 29 (5).jpg

Another example

tissot aquasport 1 (7).JPG

tissot aquasport 1 (3).jpg

tissot aquasport 1 (4).jpg

tissot aquasport 1 (5).jpg

Like 10
A a related aside, I have long considered the classic Tissot signature to be the most attractive of any brand.

Like 3
A a related aside, I have long considered the classic Tissot signature to be the most attractive of any brand.
The Tissot logo is said to be a stylized version of the Tissot family signature. The family was, in effect, signing their name to every watch.
903043-360a61bc59972f897c9dfa7d87541dc3.jpg

Edit: Photo shamelessly stolen from @Willbur :)
Edited:

Like 7
Guys,how to apply for a Tissot extraction of archive?
I'd like to try for this one

Like 7
Its not as convinient as with other brands. I wrote them over the contact form and they replied with an attached Word document, I needed to fill out (and put pics in it). Then you need to order a Service Box from them, like you would send in a watch. Instead of the watch, you put the printed out Word document in the parcel and sent it to your local service center. Could be really better tbh, but I think they do most of their stuff manually there, so maybe they dont want a flood of requests :D

Nico

Like 3
Its not as convinient as with other brands. I wrote them over the contact form and they replied with an attached Word document, I needed to fill out (and put pics in it). Then you need to order a Service Box from them, like you would send in a watch. Instead of the watch, you put the printed out Word document in the parcel and sent it to your local service center. Could be really better tbh, but I think they do most of their stuff manually there, so maybe they dont want a flood of requests :D

Nico
Is the request through SWATCH service center?

No, at least in Germany via Tissot Service center / Tissot webpage.

Like 1