Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Firewood Feb 17, 2015

Just wanted to say a quick "Hello!" I registered a few weeks ago after finally deciding to get a Speedmaster. I've been a space enthusiast for the majority of my life, and finally find myself near a place in my life where I can get one of these beauties. I appreciate all the great info here. Now I just have to keep my resolution for a moonwatch strong after seeing lots of other great watches from Omega.

I'd also like to say "Thank you" for the avatar. It looks like there's a tradition around here of the mods giving out pictures to newbs without them. This one suits me fine, and it's much better than a Hasselhoff pic. :thumbsup:

oddboy and citizenrich like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 18, 2015

Welcome Firewood.

Moderation on this forum consists mainly of assigning cool avatars to newbies or oldies who can't be bothered.

The Mods don't do much else, except for providing us with this forum and keeping us safe ;)

It's a nice place for watch nerds, watch conasewers, and watch experts to hang out.

3. Firewood Feb 18, 2015

Thanks, Jim. The mods certainly seem good at what they do. And it certainly is a nice place to hang out and spend time (probably better spent somewhere else), although I'm only a watch nerd in training.

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Feb 18, 2015

Give it time.

Welcome to our fireside chatting place.

5. Truck Guy Feb 25, 2015

Hello! My name is Russ and I've loved Omegas since I bought my first one while I was a senior in high school in 1973.
    Still have the "Exotic" grey and orange race dial Speedmaster MKII. Probably the one watch in the box that's never going to be sold.
    It needs a total restoration at this point. Maybe someday... :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. Ron Feb 26, 2015

Putting up a picture finally. I know you gentlemen aren't too fond of constellations. But here is mine.
    Hope you like it.
    I already have my eyes on a nice speedmaster too.

IMG_4946.JPG
    citizenrich likes this.
  7. Birky101 Mar 1, 2015

Hello I've moved from rolex to Omega and loving the quality [​IMG]

citizenrich likes this.
  8. Birky101 Mar 3, 2015

Hi I need a cal 1337 movement replacement can anyone help ?

9. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 4, 2015

Well I lurked for months and have already been posting but might as well say hi officially.
    My name is Ed, my username is Frunkinator. I have a fragrance reviewer YouTube channel and use the same username in Watchgeeks.net, BreitlingSource.com and WUS.
    I love watches and learning from other forum members more knowledgable then me. I used to own an old Quartz bond Seamaster but sold it years ago after college. Now in my 30's, I have been slowly acquiring pieces I truly love in my collection and currently own a Breitling Avenger, Longines HydroConquest, Tag Aquaracer, a Tiffany and a few Movados. Looking to finally put a new Omega in the collection... So here I am! :)

citizenrich likes this.
  10. watchdaddy1 Mar 20, 2015

Hello Gentleman,
    My name is William been lurking here for a long time,finally decided to join as I want to learn more about the new Omega 300.
    New here but not to the forums.
    Got a pretty extensive collection & 2 Omega's incl ranging from Panerais,Rolex & a couple cheapies.Looking to purchase a 3rd Omega I'm very interested in the new 300 co-axial.
    Hi

citizenrich and Darlinboy like this.
  11. Hijak Mar 20, 2015

Welcome to the forum Ed and William! I think you'll find a wealth of information, not just about Omegas, but other brands as well. You may soon find yourself looking in directions you would have never imagined before becoming members here. One thing we like here on OF is to see pictures from fellow members...so feel free to show off your watches! And once again Welcome!:thumbsup:

Frunkinator likes this.
  12. watchdaddy1 Mar 20, 2015

Thanks,
    No need to ask twice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temiyasen and citizenrich like this.
  13. Hijak Mar 20, 2015

Very nice, especially love that Longines!:thumbsup:

14. GoldenHour Mar 20, 2015

Quick intro, I love mechanical watches and just about anything vintage. Current list includes several vintage Omega's automatic, bumper, Oris, vintage Eterna, 80's Rolex, vintage Hamilton, vintage Wittnauer.

I really like things which were built to last and be repaired, the modern disposable society drives me crazy.

James

citizenrich likes this.
  15. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 21, 2015

Welcome James, it sounds like you'll fit right in.

16. Weiserone Mar 22, 2015

Weiserone here, new to the forums to do my research and all about Omega collecting. Recently added a speedmaster 1957 with 3313 movement, but have really started taking a liking to some of the more vintage watches. I am an information hound and can't wait to soak in tons of info from these great forums.

17. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 22, 2015

Welcome Weiserone. You'll need the soaking capacity of a sponge to take in the 3 years of knowledge you'll find here. There is no place quite like this one.

18. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 26, 2015

Nice lineup! I predict that you're going to fit right in here...

are your vintage Eterna(s) bumper movements?

image.jpg
  19. sarahmillions Mar 29, 2015

Ola! Been hiding for a few months so an introduction is probably in order. The wealth of information on this forum is incredible! I'm mostly lurking and learning; every once in a while I might chime in with my two cents.

I'm undecided on what my next timepiece will be; I'm hoping that some time here will help me figure it out. There's some very beautiful Constellations that have caught my eye but the vintage market scares me to death. :(

My first Speedy.

IMG_2919.JPG

x3no, Traveler, timeismoney and 3 others like this.
  20. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 31, 2015

Hey Sarah, welcome. Don't be scared of the vintage but before you do anything run it by the grumpy old men on here.

Cheers

sarahmillions likes this.