Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. hooligan74 Mar 31, 2015

Hello, ladies and gents.

I'm Trent - I'm the moderator on the Panerai sub-forum at WatchUSeek. I've had my 3313 POC for about a year now and love it.

Thanks for the great forum!

citizenrich likes this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 31, 2015

Grumpy old men? On this forum? :eek:

citizenrich likes this.
  3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 31, 2015

Welcome Trent :thumbsup:

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

Greetings Trent !

hooligan74 likes this.
  5. Birky101 Apr 2, 2015

[​IMG]

My first Speedy and love it !!!

citizenrich and Hijak like this.
  6. Gruen_JackW Apr 7, 2015

I was going to post a picture of the Omega I bought that is sporting the beefy 2767-3SC case as my intro. Wonderful watch, great hefty case and a work-horse of a movement. But then I looked more closely. It is a horror story... dial, missing parts, epoxy on the movement. ah... classic noob-like mistakes as purchases go. Yet, after collecting other brands for ~10 years you would think I know better. Also, I deleted the images off my smarter phone and computer.

I'm really a Gruen fan. So what am I doing here (besides haranguing others via PMs)? Dunno.

Yet, I like vintage Omega not because of the styles of cases, dials or the hands but the beauty of the design that is apparent in the movements. The cal 354 is awesome, imho but that is what came in my watch and despite the blunders by the last person to lay (ham) hands on it, it pulled through and runs like a champ.

So hello, Omega fans.

7. Birky101 Apr 7, 2015

Traded my speedmaster for this beauty[​IMG]

BrianMcKay and hooligan74 like this.
  8. aesguerra Apr 10, 2015

Hi all. My name is Alex, and I'm somewhat ashamed. I have secretly longed to own an Omega Speedmaster Pro for years! Seriously, if I had any sense to follow up on that desire, I would've been able to buy an Apollo 25th Anniversary model when it first came out. Haha

I'm here because life has finally smoothed out to where I can actually afford to pursue that. It'll take another couple months or so, but the savings for a Moonwatch has begun. :)

About me? The avatar kind of says it all - my life revolves around aviation. I work Operations at San Francisco International Airport, and my primary hobby is flying airplanes (I'm proud to say that I recently reached my goal of getting signed off to fly a WW2 Warbird). Right behind that is a severe interest of NASA, especially the days of Mercury thru Apollo. I've had the pleasure of conversing with Charles Duke and Dick Gordon, and hope to one day meet Gene Cernan and Alan Bean.

That probably explains my desire to take the leap and get a Speedy Pro.

I promise as long as I'm here that I'll at least be still working towards that goal. In the interim, thanks for tolerating the presence of this currently-Omega'less soul. ;)

9. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 11, 2015

Welcome, I can see why you haven't been able to afford a speedy with a hobby like that. Don't worry lots of encouragement here to help you reach your goal and beyond.;)

10. Milko Apr 11, 2015

G'day all.
    Yes, I am from Australia, and very happy to have found this forum. The pocket watch in my avatar was my Grandfathers and I hope to shortly add another Omega to the household. I've only a new WIS and have a modest collection of watches that speak to me. There are several Omegas that do that and I have been thinking and saving hard really hard while I consider what my first one will be. I'll edit this post with its portrait as soon as I can find "the first one!"
    cheers Milko

Edited Apr 11, 2015
  11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 11, 2015

Great to see another australian here. Whereabouts? Lets see the rest of your collection.

12. aesguerra Apr 13, 2015

Many thanks! Now, back to learning from the plethora of info here. :)

13. Friulano88 Apr 13, 2015

Hi guys! I'm Matteo from Italy. I'm 27 years old philosophy student and an omega vintage collector. sorry for my bad english! i'm good in comprension but very bad in grammar...this is the omega i'm wearing today

$_57 (2).JPG
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 13, 2015

Totally needs to be more ladies wearing Speedmaster Pros, that's such a cool look

sarahmillions likes this.
  15. michaelmc Apr 17, 2015

Well, now I feel old :) Newbie to this forum but started collecting Rolex & older Breitling in late 70's. Now semi comatose and sold many
    of my "keepers" as prices rose and the wife kept eyeing the bank account. I have restricted myself to having less than 20 at any one time so I am in catch & release mode now. My favorites are still older watches, mostly sport in Rolex, Breitling, Longines and of course Omega. Very nice forum. Thanks to Mods and members. Michael
    1016 tropical.jpg 1675 PCG Gilt CR.jpg Blancpain no rad.jpg Longines chrono.jpg Longines.jpg

rhetoric likes this.
  16. devnull Apr 17, 2015

Good morning y’all, I'm delighted to make your acquaintance!

I’m a brand new Omega gold dress watch aficionado. You probably know the type; bright eyed, bushy tailed, overeager and under informed. No worries, this is not my first rodeo, one of my former hobbies was servicing and repairing vintage cameras, a hobby I consciously left years ago because it was taking too much time and space. I reason that a stable of watches would take a heck of a lot less space…

I actually don’t think that at first I will be asking too many questions; there is a lot of material already out there so my first order of business is to simply absorb it all (I’m an information sponge). For now I just wanted to introduce myself (hello there) and say how happy I am to have found such an august motley crew.

And because I wanted to get started with a dress watch in clean condition to wear often, I picked this baby off ebay. 18k solid, 1964 according to the serial, 269 movement, should be original everything but the belt. I hope you like it

03.JPG
    rhetoric likes this.
  17. x3no Apr 21, 2015

Hey guys and gals I've been a member of the forum for a few months now I think, but I totally forgot to do an introduction here... Better late than never!

My name is Brandon, I'm in the tech industry working on full stack web development from front-end Javascript-based frameworks to back-end server side languages such as PHP, ColdFusion, etc, linked with databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, and SQL Server. Always looking for new opportunities within the industry..... so I can fund my ever-growing interest in vintage watches. :cool:

My first real watch I bought was a Tag Heuer Aquaracer in Blue. They always say the first few are just primers and once you really know what you're into then things get crazy.. well they did. I sold that watch to a member on Watchuseek, and ever since have been gradually honing my taste in watches. The Rolex Submariner 16610 ca. 1989 was my next purchase, and it gave me a completely new appreciation for watches--and most importantly for watch sizes under 42mm. Now I'm not even sure if I can wear anything larger than 42mm, because the watch snob in me has grown into liking the smaller, more intricate watches.

I could ramble all day, but hey I guess thats what the forum is for. ;)

Looking forward to continuing my education and meeting new friends. Great job on the site @Trev , @dsio , and anyone else I missed.

Brandon

18. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 22, 2015

Elle Macpherson, a famous Australian model liked speedies also. From AJTT
    image.jpg

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2015

Welcome Brandon, sounds like Omega Forums is tailor made to suit your needs. :thumbsup:

20. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 22, 2015

I know less about what you do than before I read this, but WELCOME!

x3no likes this.