Forums Latest Members
  1. ATWG Oct 8, 2016

Here are my three amigos (soon to be the dynamic duo since one is up for sale).

IMG_3860.JPG
    Samir, dcj, thegrailwatch and 8 others like this.
  2. plexyforever Oct 9, 2016

Hello!
    I prefer rhum with cigar instead of grappa.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Mam, dcj, tikkathree and 7 others like this.
  3. JrMartins Oct 9, 2016

Hello everyone, couldn't think of a better thread for my first post...my fathers wedding watch.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 10, 2016

That is quite an entrance! Welcome. Have you got if from him - or is it a loan?

5. JrMartins Oct 10, 2016

Thanks, it was a loan that turned into a gift, he still threatens me with taking it back from time to time...I still remember playing with it as a kid and being amazed how it glowed in the dark.

6. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Nov 24, 2016

Paypal payment sent this morning. I'll have to forego an afternoon of immoral living now ;)

Will require attention, so not something I really should be taking on right now :oops:, but couldn't resist adding a yellow handset to the collection.
    [Sellers pics]
    flightmaster.jpg

Does have case damage, which I didn't mind as I've been half-looking for a wrecked example to give the full STS/(Bienne in the old days) refurbishment.
    flightmaster scar.jpg
    However, having gone back through this thread, I'm feeling much more appreciation of the pre-loved/used/abused look :cool:
    This post in last week's WRUW thread may also end up having an impact on my decision making :thumbsup:

This is my current 911.
    flightmaster in Sydney.jpg

Had to dig way back in the wide world of web to find this photo and realise I may not have worn this in four years :eek:
    I shall rectify the situation and put it on for the weekend.
    Think I was feeling a little disappointed at the lack of 'shoulder' on the case (flat top area around the edge of the crystal).
    That was another huge attraction with today's purchase.
    Do you think this has disappeared due to severe case polishing or are there significant differences in legitimate 910 case profiles?
    (other than 910 v. 911)

The only thing that I can really add to the 'conversation' is that today's purchase is a 145.026 as opposed to a 145.036.
    So far my couple of hours research has only uncovered that there was a change in the crystal gasket between these references that improved the water resistance.

In French, but there looks to be a lot of minor variances pointed out in this link
    http://www.passion-horlogere.com/index.php/revues/1274-la-saga-flightmaster-ii

My incoming doesn't have the lume dots at 3, 6 & 9 (just inside the white circle) that @JrMartins watch has above.

Edited Nov 25, 2016
    Samir, dcj, ahartfie and 2 others like this.
  7. JrMartins Nov 25, 2016

My c911 is heading out to STS for a light facelift and movement service on Tuesday, it's amazing how much knowledge Simon Freese has on vintage Omega. Will post a before and after when it arrives from the spa treatment.

What do you guys suggest for a leather strap? Mine originally came on a rally leather and I wanted to get something with a vintage feel.

pascs and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. JrMartins Nov 25, 2016

The left subdial also has a different font than mine. I think mine is a 036 but will confirm once STS opens her up.

9. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 27, 2016

During the very first spacewalk, Alexei Leonov was wearing a Russian Caliber 3017 Strela, standard issue for all Soviet Air Force pilots and cosmonauts from 1959 until its eventual phasing out in 1979...

Omegafanman and BrianMcKay like this.
  10. pascs Nov 27, 2016

My 3 flightmasters together - really shows the age in the 145.013 dial

flightmasters.jpg
    Samir, dcj, JohnnyRocket and 7 others like this.
  11. ATWG Nov 27, 2016

Couldn't resist the temptation in posting my triplets...the 145.026 is NOS never been worn.

IMG_3860.JPG
    pascs, red crowned, ahartfie and 2 others like this.
  12. zxrmatt Dec 5, 2016

Wow! I normally prefer the version with the yellow hands but with the brand new crisp orange hands they really pop!

Out of interest whats the going rate for Flightmaster? I had never seen them before joining this forum but now very much on my want list!

dcj likes this.
  13. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 5, 2016

I came to OF to learn more about this watch & now am fully committed to learning vintage Omega.... Incredible piece, excited to share photos after servicing.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 9.26.46 AM.png
    dcj, neilfrancis, flame and 2 others like this.
  14. Orike Jan 8, 2017

Hi Guys,
    Bought myself this Christmas -present. I like the Watch very much! Great thread btw! This lumpe of steel deserves one :)

IMG_2701.JPG

Cheers,

Erik

IMG_2702.JPG
    Edited Jul 3, 2018
    Samir and dcj like this.
  15. jaguar11 Jan 9, 2017

Enjoy!!!! Wear in good health.

Edited May 2, 2020
  16. Orike Jan 9, 2017

Thanks. I see You also have this thing for Omega and Ducati ?! :) Great taste :) 888 is my ride!

jaguar11 likes this.
  17. JrMartins Jan 9, 2017

Post some pics when you get yours back, was going to send mine out to STS but had some problems and had to use the funds for something else...

18. jaguar11 Jan 10, 2017

Indeed Sir you are correct!!! 888 nice machine.... I myself are just going through the rigours of cam belts and valve clearance adjustment. Roll on summer when in a moment of perfection early on a summer morning the pain of maintenance will be all worthwhile...... Aside from that I enjoy maintaining her! Still can't wait for my flighty to return..... All toys really but keeps me sane in an increasingly insane world.... Ride and wear in good health!!!

Orike likes this.
  19. Orike Jan 11, 2017

Speaking of Ducati valves and timing belts...I've been there too... The guy behind the counter told me to grab the desk first, before he would tell me the maintenance costs (LOL). Just fire her up again and you forgive and forget everything :) Well I assume you know what I'm talking about...(that sound...briljant)
    But you have both toys in for maintenance! You do have something to look forward to though! :) Will you please post the Flightmaster pictures, when it has arrived? I'm very curious how it looks!
    Just keep enjoying your toys in this insane world. Good motto! Cheers.

jaguar11 likes this.
  20. Watindes Jan 21, 2017

My 911, one Grail down, 5 to go! I still have the original bracelet but took it off for safe keeping.

IMG_1387.JPG